Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

5 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Wanderlust with Norman style production would slay don't lie

Most songs on Chemtrails needed different production. The songs lacked vision or direction except for White Dress, Chemtrails, and Tulsa

Just now, Lanaparadiserey said:

Most songs on Chemtrails needed different production. The songs lacked vision or direction except for White Dress, Chemtrails, and Tulsa

Fr. And even then Tulsa needs some umph

4 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Fr. And even then Tulsa needs some umph

am i only one who dislikes the autotune in tulsa jesus freak and fishtails? like i know it gives a cool effect but i love lana's vocals the most when they're (naturally) clear, not muffled or robotic. i'd really really really like to hear crystal clear vocals on lasso. 

2.gif

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

am i only one who dislikes the autotune in tulsa jesus freak and fishtails? like i know it gives a cool effect but i love lana's vocals the most when they're (naturally) clear, not muffled or robotic. i'd really really really like to hear crystal clear vocals on lasso. 

I think on Fishtail, it matched the vibe of the song and the section of the album. It was bearable to listen to and had the "nightcore" vibe. On Tulsa Jesus Freak, I quite hated it. It was off putting and wasn't done right, in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, somber said:

I think on Fishtail, it matched the vibe of the song and the section of the album. It was bearable to listen to and had the "nightcore" vibe. On Tulsa Jesus Freak, I quite hated it. It was off putting and wasn't done right, in my opinion.

The way I feel the complete opposite. I think it worked on Tulsa because the vocals were very clear but on Fishtail it just made it could like a cheap song someone made in 10 minutes

1 hour ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

My impression is the opposite, Chemtrails is her most coherent album to date. To me, the album sounds like a walk in the woods in the fall in Yosemite National Park. I especially like the acousticness of the songs.

1 hour ago, Embach said:

I like it in Tulsa Jesus freak but HATE it is Fishtail for some reason. I agree I want clear vocals on Lasso.

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I am doing another reading session to speculate some new info ( or songtitles) for some possible tracks that might appear in the album tonight. Stay tuned team #whore

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, grandpas glass said:

My impression is the opposite, Chemtrails is her most coherent album to date. To me, the album sounds like a walk in the woods in the fall in Yosemite National Park. I especially like the acousticness of the songs.

Yeah, I agree. I think Chemtrails is more cohesive, and quite a good album. But I think it lacks playable. Only one or two songs off the albums are listenable/playable all the time. I just wished the album were more in that way. It doesn't even have to be upbeat tracks, but just something more. I feel like if it were, it wouldn't be my second the last favorite albums from Lana. Let's hope Lasso isn't a Chemtrails 2.0 :oopna:

2 hours ago, grandpas glass said:

I second this. Not her best album, but definitely one of the most coherent ones. You can play any of those songs and know instantly they belong on the same album. Although Tulsa with its autotune and slight trap vibe sticks out a tad.

38 minutes ago, somber said:

Yeah, I agree. I think Chemtrails is more cohesive, and quite a good album. But I think it lacks playable. Only one or two songs off the albums are listenable/playable all the time. I just wished the album were more in that way. It doesn't even have to be upbeat tracks, but just something more. I feel like if it were, it wouldn't be my second the last favorite albums from Lana. Let's hope Lasso isn't a Chemtrails 2.0 :oopna:

Second this too. It needed a few more big songs ala Wild at Heart, Chemtrails or White Dress. If it had 13 songs instead of 11, it would've felt like a bigger, stronger record.

Especially since there are fillers even in the slight 11-track run. Looking at you, Breaking Up Slowly and For Free. Without these two, there are only 9 tracks really, and that makes it one of Lana's slightest records.

14 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Second this too. It needed a few more big songs ala Wild at Heart, Chemtrails or White Dress. If it had 13 songs instead of 11, it would've felt like a bigger, stronger record.

Especially since there are fillers even in the slight 11-track run. Looking at you, Breaking Up Slowly and For Free. Without these two, there are only 9 tracks really, and that makes it one of Lana's slightest records.

I agree. Chemtrails Over The Country Flop & Flop Banisters had potential to be amazing but fumbled for various reasons...

Chemtrails

1. 11 tracks is to short for a Lana record, it should've been 13-15 tracks instead.

2. The production is way too stripped back, I would honestly have made it a bit more fuller.

3. Scrap Wild At Heart (too similar to How to disappear) and Wanderlust (save it and rework it for a NFR! anniversary edition). Also make For Free a solo song and save it for something else.

4. Add Loved You Then And Now, Blink (if it's interesting), Black Bathing Suit, Thunder (demo version with the final version drums throughout the entire song) and Arcadia.

Blue Banisters

1. Scrap Text Book, Blue Banisters, Wildflower Wildfire, and basically all the new songs and make it a 20 song unreleased record.

7 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

I agree. Chemtrails Over The Country Flop & Flop Banisters had potential to be amazing but fumbled for various reasons...

Chemtrails

1. 11 tracks is to short for a Lana record, it should've been 13-15 tracks instead.

2. The production is way too stripped back, I would honestly have made it a bit more fuller.

3. Scrap Wild At Heart (too similar to How to disappear) and Wanderlust (save it and rework it for a NFR! anniversary edition). Also make For Free a solo song and save it for something else.

4. Add Loved You Then And Now, Blink (if it's interesting), Black Bathing Suit, Thunder (demo version with the final version drums throughout the entire song) and Arcadia.

Blue Banisters

1. Scrap Text Book, Blue Banisters, Wildflower Wildfire, and basically all the new songs and make it a 20 song unreleased record.

Blue Banisters should have been a Born To Die 2.0 produced by executive produced by Mike Dean with contributions from Rick Rubin and Drew Erickson (Let The Light In and Sweet Drew, not Arcadia and Beautiful Drew) that addressed all of the Lana criticisms from a candid and slightly satirical point of view:oprah9:

I'm back. Just took some time to regain some energy and had another reading session with the Clow cards. This time was pretty quick because all I did was just drawing 6 random Clow cards while asking them to describe / give us hints & clues for 6 possible songs that might appear in "Lasso"

I am not an insider and neither of these cards are.  

I only questioned for the culture. The cards answered for the culture and that's it. You guys can also check this result to see the cards I had for this session and come up with your own speculation based on them xxo :oprah3:

Spoiler

Note: These 6 cards only describe 6 possible songs that might appear in this album. The order that I draw each of them does not have to be the exact order of the song itself in the final official tracklist

XyIUtgf.jpeg

Song 01 - The Fly

For my understanding, this particular card might describe a song from Lasso that will give us this feeling lile we're spreading our wings, flying, gliding in the air - glorious - bright, ethereal  and adventurous. Lyrics or the title of the song may sound like something related to freedom/escapism, or something in the air, flying - like planes, birds, or even Gods above. I'm thinking of songs like Angels Forever, I Can Fly, or Ride, etc - Lana is usually very good at songs evoking feelings like these. 

The Fly was the very first card Sakura captured in the anime after the seal on the Clow cards was broken. So this might be the first track of the album (or somewhere in the side A, the beginning of the album).

Song 02 -  The Rain

Beautiful-esque song? With piano sounds lile raindrops? Or has a production that sounds like rain.

Or a song that has "Rain" in the title (i remember there was a fake Lana songtitle called "The Rain" at some point on Lanaboards as well). Or a song talks about rain in the lyric (The rain was fire but we were wooden - Fine China for example). 

Or even a song that will make us cry our fucking eyes out. A Kintsugi serve, idk

Song 03 - The Wood

A song that might have the word "Wood" or something wood-related to its title / lyrical content. Wood is brown, brown is usually the color that associated to dark, gothic, country southern vibes - which is more than suitable for Lasso - Lana's first country record.

Or you can take this as a song that sounds peaceful, but really ethereal, earthy, mother-nature ish, or something sounds really ancient, wild, primal, like its already exist on Earth since the beginning of time, very long ago kind of feeling -  like the trees, the woods.

Song 04 - The Libra

Is there any of her ex, or friend or any of her family member a Libra? I can feel like she'll sing a song for a libra person lol:really: a whole ass song dedicated to a person that she cares about - thinking of songs like Sweet Carolina, Living Legend, Margaret etc.

Song 05 - The Freeze

Is  "Waist deep in Icy Waves" finally happen lol?

just kidding lol but anyways, this song might relate to winter, the production gives us a freezing cold feeling when we hear it, might be cut throat, even a bit bizzare,  some kind of uncanny valley shit, or disturbing - thinking of something so isolated, dangerous like "Candy Necklace", like theres some kind of scary shit is hiding somewhere, watching you closely, making you feel uneasy but you cant even explain what and why, and when it will strike and get to you or disturbing like the way that background music of "Bare feet on Linoleum" - a poem from Violet is.

Song 06 - The Firey

A song about Fire? the Sun?

An angry song?

A passionate hot sex anthem in the summer?

Summertime Sadness baby cousin?

"The Rain was Fire and we were wooden" - again, Fine China finally gets released?

whatever the hell it is, its surely the show stealer of the album. Thinking of songs she sang about/mentioned "fire" in the past, or being "on fire", like Freak, Sad Girl or Wildflower Wildfire, etc. It can be about love that got her "on fire", or even drugs that got her "on fire". or a song about Global warming (The greatest lol) .

And Sakura captured Firey somewhere in the after-middle of the Clow card arc of the TV series, so this sone might be somewhere after-the-middle in the tracklist if i have to take a wild guess.

And if we take a look at the fact that this is going to be a country album, being called "Lasso", alongside with dark, southern gothic aesthetic, while me drawing out cards like The Fly, The Rain, The Wood and The Firey is kinda insane because this is like... 4 main elements of the world: Wind, Water, Earth and Fire - which really goes well with the "country" theme, since country is usually associated with nature, earthy-things, thinking of dirt, swamp, woods, fields, sunlights, animals, birds, summer breeze, etc.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Feel free to come up with your own speculation based on my reading xoxo... the fact that 4 cards related to 4 main elements came out tho :godlaugh: