Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

1 minute ago, honeymoon is alive said:

she needs to do a good promotion for this album/singles cause this year she has a lot of competition :bebe: taylor, beyonce, katy perry, lady gaga, ariana grande, selena gomez all coming for new albums this year :bebe:

respectfully, i dont think she cares :whatever:

I’m cracking up at the thought of Lana calling Luke and being like “hey bestie, our songs are actually gonna come out in a couple years, I’m feeling like a baddie again”

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, mlittle11 said:

My first instinct is to agree but then I remember her complaining about her album not going as viral as the Waffle House stuff (when it was an extremely successful album) and I just truly do not understand her:air:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Remember what Lana said last September?

I’m going to continue going where I feel the only next stop is, but I think it’ll be in an Americana vein. The hard thing, in your personal life or in public, is that you can lose the idea that passion should be your true North. And, instead, safety should be. That’s the biggest pitfall. Being scared into making safe choices. Having a little bit of a cool-off period from the heat that might have been in a bad way, I got to reevaluate things. When there’s a little space, you get to choose. Then things get good.

Jack also said that both of them are heading into a very strange place artistically, and that Lana does not intend to conform, but will keep on pushing the boundaries and trying new things.

Given that they've been working on Lasso for 4 years, this tidbit from Antonoff's Vulture interview is quite interesting:

When we were doing Norman Rockwell, we had this whole idea of being up in Laurel Canyon and driving the truck down to the club. We moved on from that concept.

So perhaps Lasso will be structurally similar to Ocean Blvd? A more country/folk/Americana-oriented first half that slowly merges into something experimental and playful and genre-bending? :trisha3:

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

My first instinct is to agree but then I remember her complaining about her album not going as viral as the Waffle House stuff (when it was an extremely successful album) and I just truly do not understand her:air:

no but really. Complains it doesn’t go viral (which it did!! Three songs went hella viral on TikTok and Jimmy was super viral the week it came out) but then also doesn’t do any real promo except for a couple magazines :thumb2:

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

this

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

and THIS, i truly can’t understand her but she’s the second most streamed female artist daily, she could be pulling even bigger numbers if she and her team cared :bebe:

1 minute ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

Remember what Lana said last September?

Jack also said that both of them are heading into a very strange place artistically, and that Lana does not intend to conform, but will keep on pushing the boundaries and trying new things.

Given that they've been working on Lasso for 4 years, this tidbit from Antonoff's Vulture interview is quite interesting:

So perhaps Lasso will be structurally similar to Ocean Blvd? A more country/folk/Americana-oriented first half that slowly merges into something experimental and playful and genre-bending? :trisha3:

maybe "country" in Lana's mind isnt so... country that much

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

10 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I mean, don’t get me wrong LFL is my number 1 Lana album (I know, that’s a hella controversial opinion) but I was low key very excited for the country album/change of sound, and I also am SUPER excited about a Quavo colab, I just really hope this isn’t on the same album 

also can’t wait to see what all the users who just last week went on that whole “obviously lana doesn’t want to make bops, she wants to make softer music, stop asking for upbeat songs” have to say  :blush3:

Honestly same, LFL was my #1 for awhile and if you would've asked me even like a month ago what sound I wanted again, it would've been that. But I'm lowkey entering a country era and was excited for Lasso to be full on Country. The not country bops can come in early 2025 :delish:

2 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

Honestly same, LFL was my #1 for awhile and if you would've asked me even like a month ago what sound I wanted again, it would've been that. But I'm lowkey entering a country era and was excited for Lasso to be full on Country. The not country bops can come in early 2025 :delish:

don't forget Tomorrow Never Came 

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

I’m just confused because the twitter insider said there was no colabs on Lasso, unless this was a newly added thing (which is very possible because that user also said the album wasn’t done yet). 

I was wrong it was no covers not no colabs 

tbh ever since LFL, her albums have been a mixed bag of sounds (with COTCC being the most ‘cohesive’) so I’m not shocked Lasso is shaping up to be the same way. 

That said, if she’s adding a Quavo song to the album, I can’t imagine the name Lasso is going to stick

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

I’m just confused because the twitter insider said there was no colabs on Lasso, unless this was a newly added thing (which is very possible because that user also said the album wasn’t done yet). 

tbh ever since LFL, her albums have been a mixed bag of sounds (with COTCC being the most ‘cohesive’) so I’m not shocked Lasso is shaping up to be the same way. 

That said, if she’s adding a Quavo song to the album, I can’t imagine the name Lasso is going to stick

This is what i am manifesting rn, like no collabs, if Nikki Lane just joins Lana in songwriting (like Alana Champion did for Sweet carolina), i think it will be better than having them singing together.

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I thought they said there were no covers, not no collabs, but I could be remembering wrong!

5 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

The twitter insider said "no covers", not "no collaborations". :oopna:

I doubt that the Quavo song will be on the album though. But I *do* think that Lasso won't be a typical "country" album at all. I mean, she used the term "Americana" back in September, which is much broader than "country", and Lana isn't particularly reliable when it comes to describing her own music, lol. 

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I thought they said there were no covers, not no collabs, but I could be remembering wrong!

2 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

The twitter insider said "no covers", not "no collaborations". :oopna:

I doubt that the Quavo song will be on the album though. But I *do* think that Lasso won't be a typical "country" album at all. I mean, she used the term "Americana" back in September, which is much broader than "country", and Lana isn't the most reliable when it comes to describing her own music, lol. 

Thank you both for correcting me, you’re right!! No covers, not no colabs. 

"Don’t forget me"

44 minutes ago, Embach said:

imagine if quavo starts doing country, i mean lana did say that the industry is going country. when she collabed with mike dean who is a hiphop producer, almost all of us thought that she's going to do a hiphopish song but we got a ballad instead. not that it's a bad thing though :whatever2:

when quavo starts singing instead of rapping LMAOOOO

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg