Davis

Florence + The Machine

I feel like everyone dislikes "Caught" besides you.... care to explain?

I really like Caught because it's just good, simple, straightforward writing. Florence has a tendency to really write quite "highfalutin" music- both sonically and lyrically ( :derpna3: ). And we all love her for it- she's very grand and dramatic and there's a real deep meaning there to all of her riddles and rhymes. But sometimes, in the midst of all of that, people just want a song that they can say "Oh wow, I've felt this way" upon the first listen. And I think Caught is like that. Or the most like that of this bunch of songs.

I'm very pleased with this album. I'm sure the more I listen to it, there'll be tracks I skip or jump to immediately, but I have to say, this is the first album in a while that I've been able to listen through repeatedly and enjoy each song as they come.

Standouts for me are definitely HBHBHB, Queen of Peace, Mother (great album closer), and Make Up Your Mind.

I wasn't aware of this, but Flo said in an article not too long ago that Which Witch was originally intended for a concept album that revolved around witchcraft and witch trials. Which Witch is a standout track as well, and I think she would have executed a concept album like that successfully. It wasn't until Dravs came into the picture that he disliked the idea.

where is this interview?

Also, my favorites are: 

Ship to Wreck, What Kind of Man, HBHBHB, Queen of Peace, Long & Lost, Third Eye, & Mother

@@HunterAshlyn http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-ca-ms-florence-and-the-machine-20150531-story.html#page=1

"Songs started coming together for a concept album about a witch that goes on trial for murder in Hollywood — "like 'The Crucible: The Musical,'" Welch said.

Yet the plan changed after she returned to England to work with Markus Dravs, whom she'd selected to produce the album after his work with Coldplay, Björk and Arcade Fire. "I was handing him songs like 'Which Witch'" — it survived as a bonus track on the deluxe edition of "How Big How Blue How Beautiful" — "and he was like, 'No, no — you can't do that,'" Welch remembered with a laugh."

I always forget that I have an account here, and that y'all actually like artists outside of the one that the forum is dedicated to  :hdu:  I've been trying to rave to people for days now about this album with no avail.

The Target edition of HBHBHB is beautiful, but there had to be a better format for that booklet. I feel like it's a bit heavy to be held together by just two staples...

MkWI4Ns.png

Hey, if someone can send me all the remixes for this era, I'll start uploading everything else to mega tonight :)

I think we just have one... The WKOM Nicolas Jaar Remix. I can upload it to Dropbox if you'd like.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Shamelessly stolen from ATRL: a competition of each song from all three albums.

Dog Days Are Over vs Only If For A Night vs Ship To Wreck
Rabbit Heart vs Shake It Out vs What Kind Of Man 
I'm Not Calling You A Liar vs What The Water Gave Me vs How Big How Blue How Beautiful 
Howl vs Never Let Me Go vs Queen Of Peace
Kiss With A Fist vs Breaking Down vs Various Storms & Saints
Girl With One Eye vs Lover to Lover vs Delilah
Drumming Song vs No Light No Light vs Long & Lost
Between Two Lungs vs Seven Devils vs Caught
Cosmic Love vs Heartlines vs Third Eye
My Boy Builds Coffins vs Spectrum vs St Jude
Hurricane Drunk vs All This & Heaven too vs Mother
Blinding vs Leave My Body vs Hiding
You've Got The Love vs Remain Nameless vs Make Up Your Mind
Swimming vs Landscape vs Which Witch
Bird Song vs Bedroom Hymns vs As Far As I Could Get 

Drumming Song vs No Light No Light vs Long & Lost pits three beautiful songs against one another and it was so hard to choose  :defeated:  Cosmic Love vs Third Eye, Never Let Me Go vs Queen of Peace, and Spectrum vs St. Jude were also challenging  :defeated:

MkWI4Ns.png

Dog Days Are Over vs Only If For A Night vs Ship To Wreck
Rabbit Heart vs Shake It Out vs What Kind Of Man 
I'm Not Calling You A Liar vs What The Water Gave Me vs How Big How Blue How Beautiful 
Howl vs Never Let Me Go vs Queen Of Peace
Kiss With A Fist vs Breaking Down vs Various Storms & Saints (this one was hard)
Girl With One Eye vs Lover to Lover vs Delilah
Drumming Song vs No Light No Light vs Long & Lost
Between Two Lungs vs Seven Devils vs Caught
Cosmic Love vs Heartlines vs Third Eye
My Boy Builds Coffins vs Spectrum vs St Jude
Hurricane Drunk vs All This & Heaven too vs Mother
Blinding vs Leave My Body vs Hiding
You've Got The Love vs Remain Nameless vs Make Up Your Mind
Swimming vs Landscape vs Which Witch
Bird Song vs Bedroom Hymns vs As Far As I Could Get

Thank you!

I'll PM you when it's done. :)