Davis

Florence + The Machine

So, the record is like I expected it to be. It's a lot better than Ceremonials in general, even though most of the songs don't really match the standard of Lungs.

"Queen Of Peace" is gorgeous and "Ship To Wreck" and "What Kind Of Men" are beautiful songs with the ~Florence essence .

"Long & Lost" and "Various Saints & Storms" are nice ballads which are not as overdone as the Ceremonials ones and "Make Up Your Mind" is a solid  bonus track which could have easily replaced "Caught", a song which doesn't really have anything going on, on the standard version. Talking about bonus songs, "As Far As I Could Get" also sounds neat and I would have loved it to be a bonus track on the CD/download edition ... but maybe we'll get a decent rip soon.

"How Big How Blue How Beautiful" is a worthy title track.

"St. Jude", "Mother", "Hiding" and "Delliah" are nice songs, but unless they grow on me in the future I wouldn't consider them as very outstanding ones.

"Third Eye" and "Which Witch", however, are both not really my cup of tea They feature this same awkward-personal-overdramatic feeling which made me dislike Ceremonials. They are so overdone and I think some smart instrumentallisation  (the Third Eye demo's one is pretty neat) and a little less choir-esque vocals would have been better.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

If anyone is interested here is a video of the unboxing of the deluxe edition of HBHBHB. It is beautiful but I'm worried the booklet would tear in time... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9_uaQi1XKk

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

After listening through the album, I can still say that its her worst effort yet. The record felt like it was trying to be a Fleetwood Mac tribute rather than a Florence album. All the tracks kind of blurred together for me as nothing really set any of them apart. I couldn't get over how underwhelming the whole thing felt. As soon as I would catch a little bit of a build that I expected to turn into the signature Florence belting lyrics over crazy powerful instrumentals, it just didn't happen. The album was just very boring for me and nothing really stood out like most of the tracks on Lungs and Ceremonials did.

okay but where is my HQ download

I've been looking but I haven't found one yet. Someone on here must have ordered a box set tbh  :creep:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

My favourites so far are Which Witch, HBHBHB and Delilah. tbh I think it's a fantastic album, I adore it. I hate to compare this album to Ceremonials and Lungs as it seems to have a completely different context and overall feel, however out of the 3 I do think Ceremonials is her best. Either way it's a killer album