Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 2 - April 19th, 2024

Just now, Chemtrail said:

Showing up is enough for some nice photos but if the performance is lazy then it's hard to watch and she doesn't need to ruin her reputation because she won't be able to do this again and one day she might actually want to put the effort in lmao

Wow your grouchy lol

1 minute ago, Chemtrail said:

Showing up is enough for some nice photos but if the performance is lazy then it's hard to watch and she doesn't need to ruin her reputation because she won't be able to do this again and one day she might actually want to put the effort in lmao

:whoopi:

12 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Not gonna lie though I hope she doesn't do any more major festivals in future if she's either not gonna put any effort into the vocals, do the same performances of songs like Pretty When You Cry and Cherry or show up late. I still cba watching the performances for the songs she's done a million times, I've heard clips though and every vocal I've heard has been unnotable. The highlight of the show was 10 seconds of pole dancing really. What's the point really?

You have to remember a live show isn't put together for the people who watch every single performance through cell phone footage at home. Most people only see the one show that they attend in person so it's overall not really an issue that the setlist doesn't change for most people.

Also the show was a lot better than you're giving it credit for from just watching a few clips. There were mic issues throughout that you could tell were rightfully bugging her, but she sounded gorgeous and there were a lot of great moments throughout the whole show. She didn't come off as lazy. A little defeated yes, but graceful and ethereal.

Just now, DCooper said:

You have to remember a live show isn't put together for the people who watch every single performance through cell phone footage at home. Most people only see the one show that they attend in person so it's overall not really an issue that the setlist doesn't change for most people.

Also the show was a lot better than you're giving it credit for from just watching a few clips. There were mic issues throughout that you could tell were rightfully bugging her, but she sounded gorgeous and there were a lot of great moments throughout the whole show. She didn't come off as lazy. A little defeated yes, but graceful and ethereal.

HAD THEM GAGGED, anyways praying for honeymoon 

Just now, DemonMic2003 said:

Wow your grouchy lol

Lmao not at all, it's just it reminds me of Glastonbury where she's setting herself up to not be invited back because of lackluster but accurate reviews and general lack of effort. The bad reviews aren't wrong at all and I think we all know she can do better and should for a show like Coachella :rip:Lana can sing beautifully idk why she signs up for stuff and puts barely any effort into most of the performance

13 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I'm aware of that and I don't watch most full length performances. I see one show from a tour and then just watch any songs she added to the setlist after opening night on their own. The point is no matter how you spin it she put barely any effort into the vocals and it was boring for most people. We'll have to agree to disagree

12 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

HAD THEM GAGGED, anyways praying for honeymoon 

This isn't stan twitter lol, I'm not gagged by a comment. I stand by what I said and so will he, idc about stupid phrases like "had them gagged" lol be a real person

2 hours ago, NikoGo said:

Manifesting she changes her outfit mid set instead of near the end! That’s the only thing I want to change from week 1

A Lana concert with different acts would eatttt

10 minutes ago, DCooper said:

:true:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

5 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I wonder if she'll repeat her collab with Billie, because the element of surprise is now gone.

Taylor was spotted at the festival, so it wouldn't be impossible for her to sing a duet with Lana.

i don’t think guests usually come back the second week (jon or jack probably will but they work so closely with her) so it should be someone else

i would not be mad if taylor came weekend 2, i know i was anti taylor last week, but she would have stole the show (accidentally), and now weekend one is over and lana had her moment i think it’s different 

i am praying for stevie nicks though

giphy.gif

Just now, oldandugly said:

I hope weekend 2 is full of actual fans that sing the songs bc weeknd1 crowd was so so dead

someone said week 1 is overcrowded with influencers and week 2s usually better so we could be in luck 

The only place I’ve seen online with any negativity about the performance is Lana boards :smh:

I think it’s because we fixate and get so delulu we’ll never be happy. 
but GOD DAMN I can’t get over her show from coachella it was absolutely incredible. Her entrance and exit alone was enough for me and I don’t mind the very little set list changes. And again, as someone else mentioned, I’m pretty sure we are the only ones that fixate on her set list and watch every single concert She’s ever done. A lot of others Are unaware of this set list being used a lot.

also she’s a true artist and can do whatever she wants it’s her vision.

ALSO she’s not a pop star? She has many ballads. Her voice and her aura suits these ballads well. It is her vibe. 

1 minute ago, violettiaras said:

someone said week 1 is overcrowded with influencers and week 2s usually better so we could be in luck 

Watch her do honeymoon, sad girl, and fuck it I love you in place of without you, west coast, and doin' time respectively, for the fans

honestly… call me crazy……. but weekend 2 should be an hour of straight poetry reading from behind the iron gates no songs no singing no nothing just the sobs of the crowd and us and lanas voice 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

honestly… call me crazy……. but weekend 2 should be an hour of straight poetry reading from behind the iron gates no songs no singing no nothing just the sobs of the crowd and us and lanas voice 

Oop

Pitchfork review in case it wasn't posted:

The Friday night headliner, Lana Del Rey, was in stark contrast to Doja Cat, though not always for the better. Her set was hampered by poor sound in her microphone, presumably due to the high winds at that time. Because of that, it never quite achieved the hermetic quality that benefits Del Rey’s music—the sense that all of history, American and her own, is happening at once, violently but slowly. Instead, this illusion was punctured, replaced by a smaller, concentric circle of history, one that only looped as far back as the beginning of her career, including her maligned 2012 Saturday Night Live performance. It was frequently engrossing and, as could be expected, a pointed comment on how celebrity corrodes. But unlike in her recorded music, it was complicated by the unshakeable sense that it was missing something that can never be recaptured, no matter how well we think we remember.