rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT NOW!

3 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

#4 Snow on the Beach

#6 Summertime Sadness

#13 Don't Call Me Angel

#17 West Coast

#22 Young and Beautiful

#33 Tough

#44 Love

also just realized she's charted at 22, 33 and 44, next song has to be 55 lol

or 11 :creepna3:

and also for giving me Margaret

11 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

#4 Snow on the Beach

#6 Summertime Sadness

#13 Don't Call Me Angel

#17 West Coast

#22 Young and Beautiful

#33 Tough

#44 Love

not flop on the beach charting higher than summertime sadness :deadbanana: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

36 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

#4 Snow on the Beach

#6 Summertime Sadness

#13 Don't Call Me Angel

#17 West Coast

#22 Young and Beautiful

#33 Tough

#44 Love

24 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

Summertime Sadness has actually never charted. Idk why people keep saying that. Only the remix charted. It literally officially credited as such.

2 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

It’s a reflection of how many Taylor stans and Taylana stans there are rather than song quality; their friendship is magic :wubna:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

9 minutes ago, BoardingSchool said:

It’s a reflection of how many Taylor stans and Taylana stans there are rather than song quality

fixed it for ya !

and also for giving me Margaret

3 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Summertime Sadness has actually never charted. Idk why people keep saying that. Only the remix charted. It literally officially credited as such.

I mean yeah I think we all pretty much know that :brigitte:

I hate that Summertime Sadness remix charted, a blasphemy.

Still happy for Tough.

url%5D

8 hours ago, barttttender said:

I wouldn't go so far...  She's had thee chart entries this year at spots 4, 33 and 54.

But she's had 13 songs chart during the 2010s, including spots 6, 13, 17, and 22. She'd need to score another 11 chart entries this decade to beat her 2010s streak, which I doubt would happen. First, she's getting older and we all know America hates that. (Sorry, .Americans, but you know this is true). Everyone on that chart is in their 20s and 30s.

More importantly, she's far more interested in producing dark ballads than any Billboard chart friendly hits. So, her 2010s will always be strongest. 

Does it matter though? :dua:

url%5D

9 hours ago, barttttender said:

I wouldn't go so far...  She's had thee chart entries this year at spots 4, 33 and 54.

But she's had 13 songs chart during the 2010s, including spots 6, 13, 17, and 22. She'd need to score another 11 chart entries this decade to beat her 2010s streak, which I doubt would happen. First, she's getting older and we all know America hates that. (Sorry, .Americans, but you know this is true). Everyone on that chart is in their 20s and 30s.

More importantly, she's far more interested in producing dark ballads than any Billboard chart friendly hits. So, her 2010s will always be strongest. 

It's more important that people keep streaming her songs, even the older ones. Her music is not made for short-term chart success, but for a long-term listening experience.

10 hours ago, Embach said:

Does it matter though? :dua:

Not much. Was only correcting the other user.

The only people who would consider this relevant are those who want to see LDR be respected in a commercial sense as an artist. I personally get a kick out of it. I love that Tough is charting, and I love hearing her on the radio. 

But I completely understand that most of you couldn't care less about this.

But I think LFL is a better album than NFR just because it charted in America? Fuck no. For me, her art and her more bopp-y stuff can and should go hand in hand. But she's had three hits this decade already (Snow, Tough, Heaven), and I'm beaming.

17 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Well, yes. But I’m going to need you stop grouping “Snow” and “Angel” with those songs. They are not real hits :rip:. The chart peaks for those two songs are fraudulent.

And Summertime Sadness did NOT chart.

Wow. I couldn't disagree with you more.

The whole planet was talking about Snow when it came out. Every gay Tom, Dick and Harry. It surged to number 4 - the highest entry for LDR ever. It stayed on Billboard for 8 weeks. The record it was on won a Grammy for Best Album of the Year. The top billed artist is the most popular musician on Earth. There were millions of reshares, reels, memes etc about the collab. It broke the record for a collab on Spotify.

What do you even mean by "they're not real hits?"

I get that you (obviously) don't like  the song, but saying "It's not a real hit" is just bizarre. I assure you plenty of little girls around America and the world have listened to the song on this, the most streamed album of the year (streamed 4.86 billion times in 2023).

18 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Not much. Was only correcting the other user.

The only people who would consider this relevant are those who want to see LDR be respected in a commercial sense as an artist. I personally get a kick out of it. I love that Tough is charting, and I love hearing her on the radio. 

But I completely understand that most of you couldn't care less about this.

But I think LFL is a better album than NFR just because it charted in America? Fuck no. For me, her art and her more bopp-y stuff can and should go hand in hand. But she's had three hits this decade already (Snow, Tough, Heaven), and I'm beaming.

I think charts have become less important since the streaming age. It used to be important how many records you sold, people bought them and could listen to forever. Now it's how many streams you have per day that counts, and even with music that's not in the charts, you can make a lot of money. I think she now has more than 25 million streams a day on Spotify, which is more than a lot of other big artists have, who had big chart hits but people lost interest soon after.

35 minutes ago, grandpas glass said:

I think charts have become less important since the streaming age. It used to be important how many records you sold, people bought them and could listen to forever. Now it's how many streams you have per day that counts, and even with music that's not in the charts, you can make a lot of money. I think she now has more than 25 million streams a day on Spotify, which is more than a lot of other big artists have, who had big chart hits but people lost interest soon after.

Oh for sure. Lana is one of the most consistent artists ever and that's her advantage. Not only she has dropped 11 albums (counting Violet and Paradise) in 14 years, but she's also had 16 songs chart in America, which is more than 1 per year. So while she doesn't have huge songs like Katy Perry, she also has dozens of songs more that get steady streaming. After Lasso, this situation should be even more impressive. Especially when you release that other female artists like Adele have had half the output in the same period.

Not to mention that Lana's music feels classic, and Video Games and other songs will still be listened to years down the line in the same way Billie Holiday still is, or Dolly Parton.

All this debate on whether or not Snow On the Beach, Summertime Sadness (remix or original) and don’t call me angel are hits 

it doesn’t really matter doesn’t really really matter 

the snow song has over 500 million streams combined streams on Spotify alone, summertime like 1.5b for the album version and 600mil for the remix, and don’t call me angel has like 300mil and will always get brought up in disappointing collabs so while it wasn’t a hit- it will never be forgotten.

1 hour ago, Candy Necklace said:

All this debate on whether or not Snow On the Beach, Summertime Sadness (remix or original) and don’t call me angel are hits 

it doesn’t really matter doesn’t really really matter 

the snow song has over 500 million streams combined streams on Spotify alone, summertime like 1.5b for the album version and 600mil for the remix, and don’t call me angel has like 300mil and will always get brought up in disappointing collabs so while it wasn’t a hit- it will never be forgotten.

Yeah, I'd say 500 million in a year is a hit all right, especially when summertime took 10+ years to garner 1.5b. As for Angel, Miley and Grande are huge and that song will have steady play for years, based on star power alone, especially the youtube video.

On 7/17/2024 at 10:53 PM, barttttender said:

Yeah, I'd say 500 million in a year is a hit all right, especially when summertime took 10+ years to garner 1.5b. As for Angel, Miley and Grande are huge and that song will have steady play for years, based on star power alone, especially the youtube video.

It took Summertime 10 years to get 1.5b then it’ll take 100 years for the Snow song and Angel to reach that number. The daily Spotify streams for both of those songs on are horrible (esp in comparison to their chart peaks). 100K for Snow and 90K for Angel (mind you, SS does 1.5 MILLION unfiltered streams daily). That’s why they’re not real hits. The Snow song won’t be passing 500 million any time soon. Angel only has 300 million streams. Let The Light In, Art Deco, Chemtrails, etc will pass all of them. These songs didn’t even chart.

The snow song and DCMA are fraudulent fads not real hits.

I really like the song , hopefully it’s a mainstream success.. even tho Lana doesn’t care for that as a stan I’ll be only happy! .. 

the only thing I don’t like about the song is at 2:54.. the “Brr “ 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️.. 😀

i cringe a bit every time I hear that xD .. am I the only one ?