rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT NOW!

5 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

Billboard Hot 100

Say Yes to Heaven

3 weeks charting

Tough

4 weeks and counting

Oh! :lmaoney:

Tough has radio support in the US, and Say Yes To Heaven has never been sent to radio stations, so it's irrelevant when it comes to Spotify charts.

Also, UK charts
SYTH 4th week: #47
Tough 4th week: #69

Australia charts
SYTH 4th week: #39
Tough: #OUT after 1st week

Say Yes To Heaven clearly has more longevity.

4 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Tough has radio support in the US, and Say Yes To Heaven has never been sent to radio stations, so it's irrelevant when it comes to Spotify charts.

Also, UK charts
SYTH 4th week: #47
Tough 4th week: #69

Australia charts
SYTH 4th week: #39
Tough: #OUT after 1st week

Say Yes To Heaven clearly has more longevity.

Say Yes To Heaven got sent to radios that’s how the release got leaked lol. The confirmation that it was going to be released came from AllAccess.com. Tough hasn’t been sent to radio yet in the U.S. These are early support from stations. Say Yes To Heaven had adds dates on the radio. And you might be speaking little too early on longevity :teehee:. Like you said, Tough has radio support. Tough is going to be sent to pop radio. That might give it way more longevity in the end. The streaming numbers could change.

If you want to do that, you need to remember that Say Yes was viral on TikTok for months. It was exposed to a lot of people before release. It also has two versions at release. The sped up version counts towards the charts and they also put it on autoplay as well (for about a week) on Spotify around the 2nd or 3rd week. I don’t remember exactly. They also released multiple remixes in the later weeks as well as a physical vinyl. That’s what kept it afloat esp in the UK charts. They wouldn’t have to do all that if the right version was released, but I rest my case.

Tough is basically a brand new song. Tough has one version and no autoplay. At least not yet. I’m betting the label is waiting for airplay to build before cranking up the autoplay.

Say Yes does have great longevity in general as it’s still doing a million streams now, but I can’t say Say Yes has more longevity just yet. Tough is radio friendly (it has big potential to be a radio hit), and it will pushed to pop radio. That will make it rise on streaming as well. Tough streaming/chart run will look a lot different from Say Yes.

Tough reaches week 5 on billboard. Again, only 4 LDR songs managed to hold this far.

Also, at nearly 100 million streams, it's nearing top 70 LDR songs on Spotify, having now outstreamed these:

90,847,894 30,652
88,723,784 26,055
86,948,706 33,900
85,610,147 31,190
79,640,537 29,643
79,237,096 39,125

18 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Tough reaches week 5 on billboard. Again, only 4 LDR songs managed to hold this far.

Also, at nearly 100 million streams, it's nearing top 70 LDR songs on Spotify, having now outstreamed these:

90,847,894 30,652
88,723,784 26,055
86,948,706 33,900
85,610,147 31,190
79,640,537 29,643
79,237,096 39,125

Oh Lana Del Hitmaker you did it again:mariah3:

3 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

A standalone single & feature track outstreamed album-deepcuts. Shocking!

Let Me Tankery was a lead single with a music video and multiple performances. Blue Velvet was a single with a music video with a massive H&M campaign attached to it. Body Electric was also a single with an extravagant short film (which had a theatrical premiere, mind you) attached to it. They’re not “album-deepcuts” lol. And Tomorrow Never Came is indeed an album track, but it is a feature and with the Beatle’s son. Also these came out years ago and had time to accumulate streams.        

Speaking of standalone singles and features. I don’t see Life Lesson, Suburban Tank, etc. doing this.

4 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Let Me Tankery was a lead single with a music video and multiple performances. Blue Velvet was a single with a music video with a massive H&M campaign attached to it. Body Electric was also a single with an extravagant short film (which had a theatrical premiere, mind you) attached to it. They’re not “album-deepcuts” lol. And Tomorrow Never Came is indeed an album track, but it is a feature and with the Beatle’s son. Also these came out years ago and had time to accumulate streams.        

Speaking of standalone singles and features. I don’t see Life Lesson, Suburban Tank, etc. doing this.

ntm on lmlylaw but all of this is true, doing better than Ocean Blvd (lead single) and A&W and will surpass them in total streams sooner rather than later. it's a hit, and let's be real Quavo added no commercial appeal to the song, it's all Lana. How's Quavo's new single doing? not great at all, only 1.7m streams after 6 days. Tough is doing that in a day. Lana's next single may or may not be as big as Tough, but it will certainly do better than that and that's a fact.

SYTH might have a slight edge over it worldwide but that was a widely anticipated drop (on a way bigger scale than Tough), it had been trending on TikTok for like 6 months before release, the fanbase had been listening to it for literal years, the people were hungry. 

tbh, I'm just confused why there's a lot of Tough haters lol one song doing better than it doesn't mean it's not doing extremely good for a Lana song, when only 2 other songs have done better.

5 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Times are very different today. There are a lot more Spotify listeners, in the days of Paradise people watched more YouTube. The Burning Desire video has 69 million views compared to just 61 million Spotify streams. If you put YouTube views and Spotify streams in relation like Tough with 13/92 ~ 1/7, then Burning Desire would have almost 500 million streams today after adjustment. Sales on physical sound carriers, which were significantly higher back then, are also not taken into account.

21 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

you slay every time you open your mouth dont ya 😍

23 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

A standalone single & feature track outstreamed album-deepcuts. Shocking!

More like, in one month it oustreamed most of her discography including leading album singles. 

Tough haters really failing on this thread

18 hours ago, Candy Necklace said:

ntm on lmlylaw but all of this is true, doing better than Ocean Blvd (lead single) and A&W and will surpass them in total streams sooner rather than later. it's a hit, and let's be real Quavo added no commercial appeal to the song, it's all Lana. How's Quavo's new single doing? not great at all, only 1.7m streams after 6 days. Tough is doing that in a day. Lana's next single may or may not be as big as Tough, but it will certainly do better than that and that's a fact.

SYTH might have a slight edge over it worldwide but that was a widely anticipated drop (on a way bigger scale than Tough), it had been trending on TikTok for like 6 months before release, the fanbase had been listening to it for literal years, the people were hungry. 

tbh, I'm just confused why there's a lot of Tough haters lol one song doing better than it doesn't mean it's not doing extremely good for a Lana song, when only 2 other songs have done better.

You're right. I think her next single will also be a bop. Tough is a classic. The Verse with quavo and lana together and the bridge are timeless classics. She is now in her bop era and i'm eager what's coming next.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

On 8/16/2024 at 4:49 AM, barttttender said:

More like, in one month it oustreamed most of her discography including leading album singles. 

and that doesn't mean it's better than those songs :oop2:

EVERYONE knows more streams = better song! I only listen to Blinding Lights and Shape of You. Best songs ever written !!!!

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

26 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

EVERYONE knows more streams = better song! I only listen to Blinding Lights and Shape of You. Best songs ever written !!!!

that's why Dance Monkey is the best song ever! 😍

On 8/17/2024 at 2:21 PM, X8vinylScratchX said:

that's why we can't stop listening to DCMA and SS Gervais Remix

but Blinding Lights is actually really good