Please be careful sharing Sparklejumpropequeen links, they can potentially have your full e-mail on them ×
Sign in to follow this  
audreysdance

Remy Bond

Really liked the song you listed she seems interesting  :true:

𝐁𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐰𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐓𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞

★★ 

I’m so glad someone made a thread for Remy!! Instagram introduced me to her first song last year; End of the World, which is def still her best so far.. it’s giving Lana / Beach House. 

i didn’t care for Benzo Queen, but Summer song is really cute!! She is obviously leaning into her Lana inspiration but i really don’t mind because Lana isn’t making cute bops like this anymore… :toofloppy:

14417469274.gif

My FYP fed her videos to me and I like Summer Song but I can't help but feel like she's just TOO inspired by Lana/Lizzy to really feel like she's her own thing? Right now it's too much like a tribute act :oopna:

My sister and I have been talking about how hilarious this one is. Not sure why people are eating this up, she can just say she's unorginal and call it a day. 

The comparison to Lana is funny because she basically took every concept she's ever fused into her music and tried to pull it off. Every motif from Lana's music stolen here and those that know, know. The creepy parody of the National Anthem music video was strange, it's giving skinwalker and I'm glad people are calling her out on it :) 

Sorry, when she feels like being innovative I'll pay attention, 'till then...try again! 

i'm gonna check out some of her other stuff to see if they're really just copies of lana/lizzy... benzo queen seemed obviously inspired by lana to me, but i mean, so many other alternative female artists are inspired by her or just straight-up rip her off to begin with :bebe: 

Zztqfn3.jpeg

I don’t hate the song but like someone above said the song and music video is literally just a mashup of every single Lana trope ever I can’t support it because it’s so obviously a rip off 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

okay so i watched the music video for summer song and it's definitely inspired by lana but it wasn't that bad, i mean, so many artists nowadays are inspired by her and sometimes very obviously and egregiously so, but i like remy bond's execution, i don't know... there's just something about her i like, i've only heard two of her songs but there's something unique about them despite the obvious lana influence and the music video for summer song is very fun and i like her style and her take on the lana del rey-esque aesthetic, i feel like lana would like her, she seems to be very welcoming and supportive of other artists, i'll have to check out her other stuff

Zztqfn3.jpeg

44 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I don’t hate the song but like someone above said the song and music video is literally just a mashup of every single Lana trope ever I can’t support it because it’s so obviously a rip off 

Lol legit, the Chateau Marmont references, Elvis guitars, American flags everywhere, Lolita playsuit, Chelsea Hotel adventures all over her page, there's even more. I just find it weird asf. They are all just things that stem from the brain of the irreplaceable, undisputed queen, Miss Lana Del Rey! 

this song used to pop up on my tiktok a lot and i really don't know how to feel about it :oopna2: on the one hand, i do quite like the song itself and lana has inspired basically everybody on the alt/alt-pop scene - and if lana doesn't wanna make cute summery bops like this anymore, hey, why not let someone else do it!? BUT on the other hand... idk, i think it's a little too similar for me to really enjoy it? because it's not just the overall vibe of the song or even the visual tropes - the girl's vocals and cadence are strikingly similar to lana's, which is something that she'll have to train herself out of if she wants any distinct identity as a musician. and i'm not saying lana has a monopoly on certain references, but in this one song alone: 'driving up the West Coast', Lou Reed, the open road, 'in the summertime it can be so cruel', Sid and Nancy, 'real love can be a dangerous game'... idk, it does stick out to me a bit :/

also for anybody curious she is mega rich w/ industry connections and mega rich parents lol i only discovered this cause i was trying to figure out how da fuck she managed to get Air on this song

Wq9zHLl.jpg

13 hours ago, heavymetalqueen said:

My sister and I have been talking about how hilarious this one is. Not sure why people are eating this up, she can just say she's unorginal and call it a day. 

The comparison to Lana is funny because she basically took every concept she's ever fused into her music and tried to pull it off. Every motif from Lana's music stolen here and those that know, know. The creepy parody of the National Anthem music video was strange, it's giving skinwalker and I'm glad people are calling her out on it :)

Sorry, when she feels like being innovative I'll pay attention, 'till then...try again! 

Exactly how I feel!! There's plenty of artists inspired by her nowadays but Remy is just copy and pasting tropes.

Also, I think it's hilarious that her Spotify bio says she "grew up in the Chelsea Hotel".... she was on Masterchef Junior :flop:

https://masterchef.fandom.com/wiki/Remy_Bond

I am glad there was a discussion about this somewhere, because I came across her recently and I genuinely thought it was some kind of drag or tribute act (not derogatory). Like I couldn't tell if this was a serious attempt at a singing career, or just someone on TikTok having fun with a Lana cosplay. I guess she is serious about this, but it doesn't offend me in anyway. The songs are cute, and she isn't harming anyone. I don't see her 'breaking out' into the mainstream unless manages to get the right balance between being inspired by Lana, but also having her own unique image/sound/song writing.