Sign in to follow this  
audreysdance

Remy Bond

There are a bunch of Lana copycats out there but this one’s so on the nose that it feels like a parody. Being inspired is one thing but I’m looking at the lyrics of that Summertime song rn and it fully looks like someone typed “write a Lana Del Rey song” in a chatbot and this was the result. I just watched the video and burst out laughing :toofunny:. I wonder if she’s aware of how blatant the copying is? Cause I just really don’t see the point of starting a music career when you’re coming across as a full-on tribute act, from the lyrics to the sound to the visuals to the references. 

sig-cropped.png

i really love remy!!! i think it’s hilarious people are so quick to say she is unoriginal and just a lana wannabe when she already has established such a trademark look and vibe, and has genuine talent! 

can we actually sit down and think why are we such haters? like? sure there is lana inspiration and so what isn’t it nice to see that

giphy.gif

Lana inspiration...? Absolutely everything about her is Lana coded. She's tapped the index. She swallowed the glossary. One of her videos is every Lana era blended together and vomited out super ugly style. 

I don't wish her ill will, but I don't wish her success. I wish her some actual artistic development. But then again, all the BTD-era fans have to feast on lukewarm scraps from somewhere. All the hype I see in her YouTube and Instagram comments makes my stomach churn. The reason why Lana's as big as she is, is because she created the *entire* artistic world this woman is playing dress up in. And they just eat it up. It's processed food. Then they ask "Why are cancer rates skyrocketing?". Because you're eating shit.

I'm left wondering if this girl has *one* original idea for her art? I'd love to see that. Just one. It feels like a cheap ploy for attention, and of course, it's working... A sucker is born every day. 

thank god this is here. honestly a lot of people on tiktok are overlooking/ignoring the fact that the lana “inspiration” is so on the nose it just feels unauthentic. that being said, the songs are still pretty good. it just takes me out of it a lot.

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

I think the overt musical and artistic plagiarism was intentional to provoke discussion in any form: be it trash talking, admiration, passivity - aka any press is good press in her mind. And it’s kinda working cause here we are in her thread skdjdbfk 

That being said, I’m still here listening like a little bitch LMFAO tbh I liked the newest releases, San Francisco being the better of the two for me. Paris was honestly a gag and not in a good way…this song felt like someone wrote “make a mazzy star melody with vocals” and it spit Paris out KSJSD especially in the opening verse with the tambourines please I had to laugh :brigitte: 

TLDR this hoe is a copycat but we’re streaming :thumb2:

I think the difference between her and lizzy/lana is that Lana lived these songs she sings about. Lana sang and ingrained these trailer park miss America images so hard into her music for years and you could almost paint the lore in your head. Remy feels a little too derived, like these songs aren’t non fiction. Which is fine, and I do enjoy San Francisco and Summer Song. But it’s like the music version of uncanny valley.