Sign in to follow this  
sportcruiser

Gatekeeping Lana?

You're welcome. :toofloppy: Glad it could help you think a bit differently. 

Sorry if that came off really rude, this topic just irritates me and I'm already quick with my temper, heh. 

it kills me that you're apparently the friendliest member on this forum. like i love you, but goddamn.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I understand where you are coming from. So far, the actual Lana fan community has been rather small and personal. There was a sense of intimacy between her and her fans. I do also understand that now that her popularity is rising, it might appear to some as if this would go away, but I don't think so. 

You talk about people at your school beginning to like her? Well, I doubt they are as interested in her work as we are on here. The point is that the overall part of her audience are people that like a couple of songs, preferably those played on the radio. I am in no way implying that they are less of a fan, but you have got to see that many people liking her won't change the fact that you are her fan or that you know the things you do. 

There is no problem if you ask me. Just don't let this affect you and go on being the fan you've always been. Maybe there will be a few people at your school that show similar interest in her work, ever thought about that? 

you ask for everyone's nudes.. i'm just another fling to you :defeated:

NO YOU MISSED MY TINYCHAT RANT ABOUT HOW BEAUTIFUL I THINK BODIES ARE AND YOU HAVE SUCH A NICE FACE :defeated: it's 3:41am is this gonna come to haunt me or is this acceptable idek. don't pretend like you haven't lied awake at night being like "should I send ata my nudes? it would make her year and omg maybe she'd send some back"

NO YOU MISSED MY TINYCHAT RANT ABOUT HOW BEAUTIFUL I THINK BODIES ARE AND YOU HAVE SUCH A NICE FACE :defeated: it's 3:41am is this gonna come to haunt me or is this acceptable idek. don't pretend like you haven't lied awake at night being like "should I send ata my nudes? it would make her year and omg maybe she'd send some back"

omg :lmao:

but you have boobs and a vagina.. that's a no-no 

call me when you spontaneously become a boy ok but not past 11pm   :party:

14417469274.gif

omg :lmao:

but you have boobs and a vagina.. that's a no-no 

call me when you spontaneously become a boy ok but not past 11pm   :party:

i will take your proposition on board and see what I can do about this. until then, i'm just gonna sleep for the next 12 hours and then i'll probs wake up and see this mess and be like "but why" but it's like i always say

you only yolo once

Ok, this is only my second topic and again, don't know if this is the proper place to put it. Anywho, I've been having some issues with people lately.... I get irrationally upset and frustrated when I see that all of a sudden people are starting to like Lana because it's the cool thing to do. Literally overnight it seemed like my whole school developed a liking for her. Now I know that I sound 'hipster' and that I'm being totally ridiculous... but I need to know- does anyone else have this problem? And also, I need help..... bad. It's becoming a problem.

iOUlpbb.gifnk9mvsH.jpg9VuDPn2.gif

glgcDdT.gif

Okay, I get irritated when people think they're massive fans of Lana when they still forget whether it's 'Rey' or 'Ray' (this happened today actually :facepalm:) but you don't have to know the A-Z of every single person you listen to.:

I only stan for about 2 or 3 people, including Lana but I don't have time to know and listen to everything by other artists I listen to. I know once you do know so much about Lana, it can be difficult to tolerate 'fans' who have only heard Video Games and Born To Die but I'm really happy Lana's got so much less hate and a lot more fans and I'm always happy to educate people who like Lana and help them through their journey to the dark side A.K.A LanaBoards. :creepna:

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

Hmm... not quite sure I'll be using lanaboards anymore to be quite honest. I understand where some of you are coming from, but some of you are being kind of mean. I know I sound sensitive but I thought lanaboards was a place to talk about Lana (as I did), not harass someone for their opinion. 

BOFd6zX.png

Hmm... not quite sure I'll be using lanaboards anymore to be quite honest. I understand where some of you are coming from, but some of you are being kind of mean. I know I sound sensitive but I thought lanaboards was a place to talk about Lana (as I did), not harass someone for their opinion. 

Well, you didn't really talk about Lana in this thread particularly, but rather about her fans and judging their authenticity/being annoyed there's more of us than you'd like. Thus the reactions. I'm sure if you just discuss her/songs/habits etc. like everyone else no one will harass you. 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

:facepalm:

Well, you didn't really talk about Lana in this thread particularly, but rather about her fans and judging their authenticity/being annoyed there's more of us than you'd like. Thus the reactions. I'm sure if you just discuss her/songs/habits etc. like everyone else no one will harass you. 

:mariah:

14417469274.gif

Another thing I wish to add is that new artists have record contracts that are heavily biased in favor of the record companies. One hit record or two does not mean that an artist is rich and set for life. Studio time is very expensive and the costs of touring are expensive. 

I want Lana to sell as many records and tickets and merchandise that she can. Sure it would be cool to be able to talk to her and I think you can on her first US tour, but very few artists actually get "rich" like Beatles and Rolling Stones or Madonna rich. 

AS A LUCKY ONES STAN, I disagree. :whip:

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

as ata said once "LANA'S MUSIC IS A SECRET CLUB AND OTHER PEOPLE LIKING HER RUINS MY INDIE STREET CRED!!1"

Yes you do and yes you are.

OK... I'm going to help you just this once. Here in the following spoiler are explicitly in-depth ways you can solve your problem.

sTOP

I love you.

w-....wh-................................. WHY?????????????????????????????????1 :facepalm:

Honestly, I genuinely want to know. This beyond confounds me. Please explain why you feel this way. 

I'm really glad it's not up to you because that's an extremely selfish way of thinking. Seriously though - think about this: If she was a nobody, you probably would have never come across her or her music. So I really just :facepalm: idk.

Lana has worked so hard for such a long time and it irritates the shit out of me when I see people saying things like this. She is finally getting the recognition she deserves and then her "fans" turn around and say they wish she wasn't so famous so they can retain some kind of stupid "i liked it first so that makes me cool" complex. That is so disrespectful to her. She deserves the attention she's getting. She's worked for it. Stop thinking that way and just be happy for her. 

I feel u ata. They probably don't like the new Yayo either... :creep: :facepalm:

Who cares though. You're fueling your own fire by letting this stupid shit bother you. If more people like her, great. That's an opportunity for you, as a stan, to make them stans like us. Tell them to check out the forum, or to go listen to more of her music. She's a trend right now and that's a good thing because it widens her audience of listeners. The people that like her because it's cool? Show them more Lana and I bet you a bunch of them will start liking her because she's so likable. Seriously. You can turn this "negative" situation into a positive one for yourself if you stop letting it bother you. 

You're such a dick :derpna2:

Well another one bites the dust but I'll offer my opinion anyway because at this point members dropping is just a fun game :)

Like, I love to say out loud that I'm all about spreading the gospel of Lana and her getting that universal acclaim, but can I honestly say that myself, alone, while being totally truthful? Probably not! None of you cringe when a slut quotes any part of the "Ride" monologue on Facebook? Or "Day 5 - My role model, Lana Del Ray" on Instagram from people who don't even know that ol' LDR is a terrible role model? :toofunny: To be perfectly one-hundred I hate it when supposed fans are misinformed as hell and so do all of you (see Oopsy's iconic "that kinda looks like Lana!!! ;,)))" :godlaugh:)

Summary: Sure hipsters are annoying, but hey instincts are instincts :creepna: I've never bit off any heads for stanning for Born to Die and misspelling her name (UNLESS it's from a detractor); I simply suggest that they check out her other work. In several cases I've converted folks and it's good for everyone :grinds: