Sign in to follow this  
ultrabanisters

The Substance

well :stunned:

The Substance is a 2024 satirical body horror film co-produced, written and directed by Coralie Fargeat. It stars Demi Moore, Margaret (when you know you know :karaoke:) Qualley and Dennis Quaid.

ngl this movie has really fmu but honestly movie of the year it’s genius

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

17 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

omg... i loved the soundtrack SO much i will be purchasing

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

I’m a horror fanatic and this is genuinely, easily, instantly in my top 5 favorite of all time:.: maybe even top 3 :wowcry:

SO glad i saw it in a theater with someone!!! What a f*cking experience!!!!! Had to cover my ears for the NYE show scene! :rip: 

14417469274.gif

2 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

I’m a horror fanatic and this is genuinely, easily, instantly in my top 5 favorite of all time:.: maybe even top 3 :wowcry:

SO glad i saw it in a theater with someone!!! What a f*cking experience!!!!! Had to cover my ears for the NYE show scene! :rip: 

you get it :true:

i have not felt the same since i watched it a few days ago, and i’m not saying that in a cutesey 'ong hahaha it’s soooo crazy' like it genuinely made me so uncomfortable to the point i had to look away. it’s so intense, funny, disturbing but i think what got me was that it is really upsetting and JUST KEPT GOINGGGG

a masterpiece in modern horror 

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

you get it :true:

i have not felt the same since i watched it a few days ago, and i’m not saying that in a cutesey 'ong hahaha it’s soooo crazy' like it genuinely made me so uncomfortable to the point i had to look away. it’s so intense, funny, disturbing but i think what got me was that it is really upsetting and JUST KEPT GOINGGGG

a masterpiece in modern horror 

Same 

:crai:

14417469274.gif

47 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

SAME! I’ve never had to do that at a movie before…

:air2:

the only other movie i have had to look away from is the Saw X valentina scene (iykyk) but that was still nothing compared to the emotional turmoil of this beauty

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

I’m scared to watch this bc body horror/public humiliation is not something I can sit through :crai: It literally makes me feel like I’m having a panic attack. I can handle jumpscares and love horror, but this specific niche fills me with dread. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

7 minutes ago, Mer said:

I’m scared to watch this bc body horror/public humiliation is not something I can sit through :crai: It literally makes me feel like I’m having a panic attack. I can handle jumpscares and love horror, but this specific niche fills me with dread. 

honestly there are next to 0 actual scares it mainly revolves around the body horror and perceived beauty which does bring humiliation into it. it is a fantastic film but it might be alot considering you don’t like either and the film is HEAVYYY on it

resident sweeter

giphy.gif