Foolish

What happened to Lana´s look?

tbh when lana's dressed down in like shorts and a flannel shirt she still looks amazing, positively radiant. I also like when she's glammed up like at Versace etc, but I'm not a fan of what she wore to the Brits or to the Echo awards but I wouldn't hold it against her. she can wear/do whatever she wants. We're her fans, it's our job to think she's great no matter what she wears (and of course completely stalk her life by reading lanalysis and find out who she fucked). Her glam looks are my favourite, but i don't think she should go out glammed up all the time and i certainly don't expect it. She's beautiful no matter what they say, words can't bring her down  :clapback:

tumblr_moza5y59Ri1r09ldbo1_400.png ~ataraxia~

You know, it might help if you took your mask off:

God, you are so good at always finding the most appropriate references. 

I wish Trololo would play in stores when i went shopping. Maybe that would ease my mind.  :ohno:

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Lana Del Rey is an extremely pretty girl, but Lizzy Grant is even more beautiful. Lana Del Rey is a non-fictional character. Media, tabloids & fancy ''hollywood'' shows hate Lizzy Grant. Their always expecting Lana Del Rey. little do we know she may have not wanted to dress up. Its not Lizzy Grant's style. She comes from a place where casual is comfortable. Lizzy won't last long in the spotlight. I can see her being pressured by the media and wanting out. Elizabeth (aka Lizzy Grant aka Lana Del Rey) is a appropriate dresser. She doesn't get dressed up just to get groceries in fear she'll end up on ''The fashion police'' or on a worst dress list. Lizzy is one of the real celebrities. Real as in ''doesn't try to impress of be something she isn't''. Instead of trying to knock her down...try to understand she is different from the rest. 

tumblr_m8lv2nyBBJ1rvkbyno1_500.gif

She's moving onto other things. It's best to not be stationary; it's always good to jazz things up and refresh your image for a new project. She's doing everything right, no complaints from me.

I think she looks better then ever! The ONLY thing i havent liked is the Versace outfit, and I have a feeling she didnt choose it all by herself.

Honestly, I ve started to like her dark appearance, it suits her Paradise era. But the end of 2012 was really mess. Now its ok  :creep:

I want to tell people on here about two very different experiences I had with meeting Lana and meeting Katy Perry and it is to do with how they look.

I met Katy in '11 at her California Dreams tour as I won a meet n' greet. I found Katy very intimidating. As lovely as Katy was, she must've had 10 different types of foundation on her face and 20 sets of false eyelashes on her eyes. I have seen drag queens wear less makeup than Katy. I never proudly show off my photo with Katy as I look at it and feel hideous next to this girl who looks like a living doll.

Met Lana two days ago and she is a beautiful looking woman. But how refreshing to see a celebrity who is happy to pose for photos with no qualms about not having a full face of make-up on. If you zoom in to the photo I think we can agree that it is me, who actually has more makeup on than Lana! I love her warm smile in this photo. I proudly show off my photo with Lana, and as beautiful as she is, I don't feel like a monster next to her as I did next to Katy.

So I kinda agree with the two main arguers in this thread. Yes Foolish, Lana is a celebrity at the end of the day and should turn up more polished looking at events like the Brits. And Crystal Castles, you are right too, don't see why she should be like Joan Collins and get dolled up to get a pint of milk from a shop.

I want to tell people on here about two very different experiences I had with meeting Lana and meeting Katy Perry and it is to do with how they look.

I met Katy in '11 at her California Dreams tour as I won a meet n' greet. I found Katy very intimidating. As lovely as Katy was, she must've had 10 different types of foundation on her face and 20 sets of false eyelashes on her eyes. I have seen drag queens wear less makeup than Katy. I never proudly show off my photo with Katy as I look at it and feel hideous next to this girl who looks like a living doll.

Yeah, you can see it in every photo from events. Katy Perry can look very beautiful and hot, but just with make-up on. Its like she has a brand new  face on her old one. 

KatyPerryJan2012.JeffBottari.jpgKaty-Perry-1_0.jpg

Without make-up, she is just another grey mouse who you would never notice in crowd. Im not suprised how big fuss she made over her husband leaking her photo in the bed. But whatever works...

Yeah, you can see it in every photo from events. Katy Perry can look very beautiful and hot, but just with make-up on. Its like she has a brand new  face on her old one. 

Without make-up, she is just another grey mouse who you would never notice in crowd. Im not suprised how big fuss she made over her husband leaking her photo in the bed. But whatever works...

her makeup is just so cartoon-y + cakey that she looks very shocking w/o makeup

have u seen these?  :biblio:

katy-perry--large-msg-13389906446.jpg

closeup-perry.jpg

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

OMG! The second picture!

She reminds me of shrek! Something about her face structure....get dat make-up gurl. :gclap:

Like seriously, if you can be that beautiful, put in that effort.

her makeup is just so cartoon-y + cakey that she looks very shocking w/o makeup

have u seen these?  :biblio:

katy-perry--large-msg-13389906446.jpg

closeup-perry.jpg

That's disgusting, it looks really unhealthy. I wear makeup because i have bad skin but that's not just hiding everything away and looking pretty, it's beyond that - it just looks even worse. I saw her film (dunno why haha), the scenes where she had no makeup was just strange, she looked so much younger and like a different person... Shrek as some people may say :P

Lana looks gorgeous with or without makeup, I love how she wears her makeup though, not everyone can pull off outlining eyeshodow with eyeliner, she's got the right face for everything. Sigh.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

That's why I lel when people act like she's all that. She's a product. Linda Perry got it spot on with her quote about her.

Lana can look overly made up at times but she has the talent to go along with it. Katy does not, afaic. In the words of Lana, sorry to be a hater but.. :whatever:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Speaking from a guys perspective: I think that women (in general and of most cases) that put on too much makeup just to look pretty really just makes them look more unattractive tbh  :wtf:

Lana in particular has this natural beauty that I find more compelling when she doesn't try, it just comes naturally for her  :flutter:

No one asked for a Mansplanation. You could have perfectly stated your opinion without starting it with "speaking from a guys perspective." Everyone's opinion is equal, bro.