Foolish

What happened to Lana´s look?

Obviously part of the comment was directed at you but not all of it that's why I didn't say in any moment your name or quoted your comment. :P  I know there are extreme cases work related, school related, social and life related. But can you tell me that we girls suffer so much because of make up and dress code? A little extreme maybe? Because the answers was based on that.

I also know some people suffer of low self steem. I know that and I do feel sorry for them. Some days I suffer from low self steem is quite normal is human nature. But think with me: throwing the guilty over magazines, basic social rules (which was what was discussed) like dress code and makeup a way to camuflage the problem and in consequence of such camuflage never get a solution?

i wasn't being extreme, i was being honest. people don't know the impact of society's ideals. there's nothing wrong with a dress code for a work place, but i was right about women not being hired if they don't wear makeup even if they are suitable applicants. and i'm sorry, but you don't know what it's like to have low self esteem ALL of the time - it's horrible, it drags you down, it stops you having a good quality of life (having no confidence is HORRIBLE). if the world wasn't such a shallow place - people wouldn't feel so fucking low all of the time. this vogue crap is a fantasy, your average woman doesn't look like that - they're all fucking photoshopped. it wouldn't be so bad if they showed a woman with a zit or whatever.

4r9w86.jpg

i wasn't being extreme, i was being honest. people don't know the impact of society's ideals. there's nothing wrong with a dress code for a work place, but i was right about women not being hired if they don't wear makeup even if they are suitable applicants. and i'm sorry, but you don't know what it's like to have low self esteem ALL of the time - it's horrible, it drags you down, it stops you having a good quality of life (having no confidence is HORRIBLE). if the world wasn't such a shallow place - people wouldn't feel so fucking low all of the time. this vogue crap is a fantasy, your average woman doesn't look like that - they're all fucking photoshopped. it wouldn't be so bad if they showed a woman with a zit or whatever.

You are right. I dont know how it feels to have severe low self steem. But to me anything severe should be treated. Like isn't severe low self steem some sort of depression? People with depression, moderate and severe specially, need treatment to understand what is going on inside them. Maybe is just a quimical unbalecement that with proper medication can get cured in weeks. Maybe is something emotional and deeper. Different people, different problems.

You are also right about Vogue and fashion, specially high fashion, being fantasy. That is the thing: is fantasy. No one wears those clothes in a daily bases and also those models don't use bright orange make up all obver their eyes to have a coffeee at starbucks. That's why they are called editorial and catwalk clothes.Its a fantasy world just like the fantasy world Lana created for herself or the fantasy world Ke$ha creates in her concerts.

The subject you are getting into is far more deep than the one I addressed before. When you ask is it hard to get a real girl on the cover? I would answer that several real women were in the cover of such magazines. But if people want to get out of the fantasy fashion world and take the reality pill you have to open a newspaper, a variety magazine about social/political and economical subjects. That is were you will find real life, real people a real world.

People have to turn off reality shows and those series that have 25 year old teens and 35 year old parents and start seeing movies that are not based on looks or vampiers but in important subjects. I love fashion magazines, I like clothes, make up and shoes more than I should. But I know that is fantasy not reality what is in those pages. Reality I get on the newspapers and I am ok with that.

But I get what you said and you have some valide points. Maybe tomorrow I will think like you I don't know but today my opinion is that we girls sometimes choose the easy way which is to blame our own problems in society when actually they belong to us. I obviously am talking here in general cases not the drastic severe ones or why some countries seem to have more young people like me and you with such problems because to talk about that we would have to talk about culture and that would take hours.

glgcDdT.gif

Girls, she's just like us when it all comes down to it - we like to look pretty and done up, but sometimes we throw on sweats and walk out of the door with minimal to no makeup on just because we feel crappy or just don't give a flying fuck. Honestly, if she were a dude you wouldn't care about her appearence at all, but nooo... Lana has to look perfect all the time. It's not fair  :crossed: I like her casual to almost shabby look, it makes her relatable and human.

1olt2g.jpg

You are right. I dont know how it feels to have severe low self steem. But to me anything severe should be treated. Like isn't severe low self steem some sort of depression? People with depression, moderate and severe specially, need treatment to understand what is going on inside them. Maybe is just a quimical unbalecement that with proper medication can get cured in weeks. Maybe is something emotional and deeper. Different people, different problems.

You are also right about Vogue and fashion, specially high fashion, being fantasy. That is the thing: is fantasy. No one wears those clothes in a daily bases and also those models don't use bright orange make up all obver their eyes to have a coffeee at starbucks. That's why they are called editorial and catwalk clothes.Its a fantasy world just like the fantasy world Lana created for herself or the fantasy world Ke$ha creates in her concerts.

The subject you are getting into is far more deep than the one I addressed before. When you ask is it hard to get a real girl on the cover? I would answer that several real women were in the cover of such magazines. But if people want to get out of the fantasy fashion world and take the reality pill you have to open a newspaper, a variety magazine about social/political and economical subjects. That is were you will find real life, real people a real world.

People have to turn off reality shows and those series that have 25 year old teens and 35 year old parents and start seeing movies that are not based on looks or vampiers but in important subjects. I love fashion magazines, I like clothes, make up and shoes more than I should. But I know that is fantasy not reality what is in those pages. Reality I get on the newspapers and I am ok with that.

But I get what you said and you have some valide points. Maybe tomorrow I will think like you I don't know but today my opinion is that we girls sometimes choose the easy way which is to blame our own problems in society when actually they belong to us. I obviously am talking here in general cases not the drastic severe ones or why some countries seem to have more young people like me and you with such problems because to talk about that we would have to talk about culture and that would take hours.

i agree with most of what you said apart from the newspaper, newspapers aren't reality either, they're over-sensationalised garbage. it's fine if you like that kind of thing, i don't think that's a bad thing, i'm just saying that young women shouldn't want to be like somebody on the cover of vogue - because that's fantasy. 

4r9w86.jpg

Sometimes taking responsibility for yourself means making your own choices and then dealing with the fallout. But that doesn't necessarily make the fallout justified or right. When we treat other people as objects for consumption, we lose some of our own humanity.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I think she still looks flawless. No, it's not exactly what we're used to, but people change. When I look at what I wore in 2011 , it's almost tragic, so who can blame her if she doesn't have the same sense of style she had in '11. We'd be complaining about getting bored with her fashion if it was still the same, knowing this fandom.

I don't think she's been working with Pamela Cochrane and Johnny BlueEyes recently...she's been doing her own makeup and wearing her own wardrobe with no guidance and it's showing.

tumblr_mjtygmUvm11rtm6dso1_500.png

Wow, Lana looks like shit, some example to womankind.

I agree. I think women, as the fairer sex, have a responsibility to look beautiful for men. I don't know. I just think Lana's looks and lack of effort reflect poorly on women. We put a lot of effort into looking good all the time for everyone and here she is totally neglecting her responsibility. :\ 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I agree. I think women, as the fairer sex, have a responsibility to look beautiful for men. I don't know. I just think Lana's looks and lack of effort reflect poorly on women. We put a lot of effort into looking good all the time for everyone and here she is totally neglecting her responsibility. :\ 

Yeah, d00d, she's also got a mustache, did u see that shit, brO? Get rid of that and b a woman!!!1

It's just disgusting :smh:

Admit it, you're Gordo, aren't you.

what kind of miracle would this even 

I'm really neurotic and have a lot of irrational fears and paranoia. One of these is that every time i am in a store i always think that everyone in the store is convinced that i'm stealing stuff. It doesn't matter what my mood is, or what the store is, or how i'm dressed, etc. Nothing affects it, i just always fear that people are thinking this. I once stole a pack of guitar strings when i was like 14 and that's the only time i've ever stolen, so the fear isn't based on past behavior. Similar to this, every time a new troll account crops up, i have the same irrational fear, that everyone is thinking i'm behind the troll account. It makes me nervous. I can't ever quell my worries. Do you two realize what you have just done by making these comments??

:suicide:  

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I'm really neurotic and have a lot of irrational fears and paranoia. One of these is that every time i am in a store i always think that everyone in the store is convinced that i'm stealing stuff. It doesn't matter what my mood is, or what the store is, or how i'm dressed, etc. Nothing affects it, i just always fear that people are thinking this. I once stole a pack of guitar strings when i was like 14 and that's the only time i've ever stolen, so the fear isn't based on past behavior. Similar to this, every time a new troll account crops up, i have the same irrational fear, that everyone is thinking i'm behind the troll account. It makes me nervous. I can't ever quell my worries. Do you two realize what you have just done by making these comments??

:suicide:  

You're just trying to throw off suspicion, you thieving SLUT!

A bad sample, repeated often with unwarranted glee.

I'm really neurotic and have a lot of irrational fears and paranoia. One of these is that every time i am in a store i always think that everyone in the store is convinced that i'm stealing stuff.

You know, it might help if you took your mask off:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.