Viva

Adele

You do feel very clever, right? But since you're not the new Supreme or anything, don't act like one. It was clear what I wanted to say. It's nothing ORIGINAL because it's not something new she came up with or anything. It sounds exactly like everything she's done before.

Just because Lana (just to mention the first artist that comes to mind) completely changes her style/production/whatsoever for every album doesn't mean every other artist has to do the same... this is Adele doing her thing and completely rocking it

Besides it's not like artists are forced to come up with super original stuff all the time, see the positive response Hello has had despite having a similar sound to her previous work

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Just because Lana (just to mention the first artist that comes to mind) completely changes her style/production/whatsoever for every album doesn't mean every other artist has to do the same... this is Adele doing her thing and completely rocking it

Besides it's not like artists are forced to come up with super original stuff all the time, see the positive response Hello has had despite having a similar sound to her previous work

I never said Adele has to do anything, I just stated my opinion. And i think you don't even have to do something completely new for each album, but you have to keep it interesting. And for me, Hello sounds like it was a reject from her last twentysomething album, and not even a very interesting one since it's just some 0815 Adele song. I am perfectly alright with her having success, but I can't really understand why everyone reacts to the song like it would be such a new, emotional song when we already have dozens of songs exactly like this one from her.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I agree with everything @@Electric Body has said. You know it’s kinda funny. If for example Lana did the same thing (released a lead single that sounded like her previous albums) y’all would be complaining. 

mind-reader.jpg

You don't know if people would complain, you might, but how do you know others would lol 

If she released something that was similar to a past single that people liked (aka vg, btd, ss, west coast, etc) a shit ton of people would celebrate (aka me) 

It's the same with Adele, you guys obviously don't like it or w/e

and obv some of you feel the need to come in here n constantly remind everyone of it 

but a lot of people do because a lot of people like the past work 

Not everyone wants to change their music every release, they don't produce music for you - this isn't the lana thread lol

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

And I don't rly understand why i'm arguing it 

I don't even need to, views, reviews, etc all speak for themselves
Hello is doing amazingly, so she's obviously doing something right

adele-gif-babado-e-confusao-qeurida.gif

I wrote a ton shit essay but I somehow managed to get it deleted so

@@Electric Body you're clearly biased cause you don't like Adele to begin with, you say you're alright with her success yet you complain at the acclaim the song has received so far lol

oprah-gif.gif

@@BENTLEY Lana and Adele are two completely different artists, you cannot make this comparison really

Just like @ said the views, charts and reviews speak for themselves

ZmJh1LG.jpg

@@Electric Body you're clearly biased cause you don't like Adele to begin with, you say you're alright with her success yet you complain at the acclaim the song has received so far lol

oprah-gif.gif

I have no problem with Adele. I actually really liked her first two albums, even though I may not listen to them regularly and I'm a huge fan of Skyfall.

And i don't complain about the acclaim, I just can't understand it and more important I described how I personally feel about the song.

Stop trying to brandmark me as something I'm not.

Oh an by the way .. having a little bit of diversity in your music hasn't damaged ANY musician, so asking for it is not really harsh critisicm. I never said she needs to go more jazz, more cinematic, more techno, more whatever. I just feel like there was like 0 development between the last album and this song, this has nothing to do with her changing her style or not. At least that's how I feel about it. Please spare me with "the charts speak for themselves", I'm stating my opinion here and I don't have to like/dislike stuff based on how other people like or dislike them.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I have no problem with Adele. I actually really liked her first two albums, even though I may not listen to them regularly and I'm a huge fan of Skyfall.

And i don't complain about the acclaim, I just can't understand it and more important I described how I personally feel about the song.

Stop trying to brandmark me as something I'm not.

Oh an by the way .. having a little bit of diversity in your music hasn't damaged ANY musician, so asking for it is not really harsh critisicm. I never said she needs to go more jazz, more cinematic, more techno, more whatever. I just feel like there was like 0 development between the last album and this song, this has nothing to do with her changing her style or not. At least that's how I feel about it. Please spare me with "the charts speak for themselves", I'm stating my opinion here and I don't have to like/dislike stuff based on how other people like or dislike them.

anyway HAVE YOU SEEN THE MUSIC VIDEO?

It's fantastic and my all-time favourite director Xavier Dolan directed it :flutter:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I wrote a ton shit essay but I somehow managed to get it deleted so

oprah-gif.gif

@@BENTLEY Lana and Adele are two completely different artists, you cannot make this comparison really

Just like @ said the views, charts and reviews speak for themselves

GIF-nod-agreeing-agree--Nodding-GIF.gif

preach it my man

b072749fa80c4b634cc6450b7b5a4cda398a8766

if you don't like the song, sorry to say, but you'll just have to eat adeles shit for the next 2 years because shes coming for blood, shes even going to send taylor swift packing her sorry ass back home...

Adele has beat Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood" 24 hour VEVO record of 20.1 million with "Hello" surpassing that amount of views. Congratulations Adele!

The final number will be released by VEVO at a later date. 

This comes as no surprise as 25 is #1 in 90 countries so far and the single is #1 in many countries as well. Adele has sold over 300,000 copies of "Hello" only in the US in less than 24 hours

don't fuck with Adiety! she controls the winds

giphy.gif

if you don't like the song, sorry to say, but you'll just have to eat adeles shit for the next 2 years because shes coming for blood, shes even going to send taylor swift packing her sorry ass back home...

don't fuck with Adiety! she controls the winds

giphy.gif

This post made my day. <3

I gotta say though regardless of what others think, I think this song is one of her best songs I've ever heard by her and that I've heard in years. I'm not a huge Adele fan to be honest. I like some of her songs from her past albums, but I also didn't like some of them so I never bought the album. I give her credit though for being in the mainstream but sounding very different, unique, and original from the other artists in it. She literally puts her heart, guts, and soul on the table with her music and lyrics. That's why all her music is such a smash hit, because people can relate to it in their own personal ways, plus she is extra-extra-talented. 

Besides, a lot of the people I see talking her down (not just here on LB but other places) are the ones who think that charts = good music, and if you're not on a top position on the chart or on there for very long then your music = flop/shit/bad/etc. So, since it's already predictable that she will probably be #1 or at least the top 5 position I guess that means to their standards she will be doing great. But how come this time around people want to diss it.... :eartha2:

This post made my day. <3

I gotta say though regardless of what others think, I think this song is one of her best songs I've ever heard by her and that I've heard in years. I'm not a huge Adele fan to be honest. I like some of her songs from her past albums, but I also didn't like some of them so I never bought the album. I give her credit though for being in the mainstream but sounding very different, unique, and original from the other artists in it. She literally puts her heart, guts, and soul on the table with her music and lyrics. That's why all her music is such a smash hit, because people can relate to it in their own personal ways, plus she is extra-extra-talented. 

Besides, a lot of the people I see talking her down (not just here on LB but other places) are the ones who think that charts = good music, and if you're not on a top position on the chart or on there for very long then your music = flop/shit/bad/etc. So, since it's already predictable that she will probably be #1 or at least the top 5 position I guess that means to their standards she will be doing great. But how come this time around people want to diss it.... :eartha2:

i just think this idea of "its not groundbreaking therefor i don't like it" is such a pretentious view of music. i mean, do people talk like this in real life? i wonder how many eyerolls they get on a daily basis? a lot i imagine.

people can like whatever they want, but when you start equating your tastes with only "groundbreaking" music and then you stan for some of the other generic artist on this forum who are generic as fuck you just kinda look like you're trying a bit too hard.

but whatever.........25 is going to rule the galaxy once nov 20 hits, i'm ready for the suffocation!

adeles-finger.jpg

Hello becomes #1 in record-breaking 97 countries on iTune store, even in Antiqua and Barbuda!

Hello reaches 1,000,000 likes on YT in 36 hours

HELLO set to reach 50 million views record in 48 hours

HELLO sells record shattering 400k in 24 hours in JUST the U.S on iTunes

25 the album has pre-orders hit 100k alone in U.S in 24 hours

25 at #1 on  US iTunes.

21 BACK in the top 10 on US itunes after selling 11 million copies there already.

adele-hello-digi.png

sheryl-underwood-weave.gif

21 BACK in the top 10 on US itunes after selling 11 million copies there already.

adele-hello-digi.png

omg it's like we've time traveled. this album is gonna get crazy amounts of radio play similarly to 21. I got no problem w/ that, i find Adele's music rly enjoyable to casually listen to. i guess my only complaint (and this isn't even a criticism) is that periodically when i listen to her,  i get reminded amy isn't alive anymore and that hurts a bit.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg