Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I like both versions of Black Beauty but I feel like there should have been a middle ground between the simplistic demo and the overproduced final product.

giphy.gif

Guest Dot

I like both versions of Black Beauty but I feel like there should have been a middle ground between the simplistic demo and the overproduced final product.

Overproduced? :eartha: Have you listened to Born to Die?

Overproduced? :eartha: Have you listened to Born to Die?

Yeah. I actually love BTD's production. There's something about Black Beauty that doesn't feel right to me. I don't like the sound.

giphy.gif

I didn't like Tropico or Paradise.

Flipside is one of the best tracks on UV, better than PWYC, FMWUTTT, FK, and Brooklyn Baby.

Guest Dot

I didn't like Tropico or Paradise.

Flipside is one of the best tracks on UV, better than PWYC, FMWUTTT, FK, and Brooklyn Baby.

Looks at your avi... :tina:

The lack of strong lyrics and repetitiveness of UV bores me

"Warm gun on the table

Headshot if you're able"

VS

"Feels like, feels like, you know it feels like

Falling in love for the first time"

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Looks at your avi... :tina:

Don't judge hunty

I chose it because she literally looks like the Virgin Mary which means she has connections w/ god

"Warm gun on the table

Headshot if you're able"

VS

"Feels like, feels like, you know it feels like

Falling in love for the first time"

Well yeah if you use one of the best songs from UV as a comparison, it doesn't work out obviously

Guest Dot

Don't judge hunty

I chose it because she literally looks like the Virgin Mary which means she has connections w/ god

Who is "god"?

ex-gif.gif

exorcist-head-spin.gif

I don't like the way she sang Ultraviolence for the first time.

The song is amazing, and I think she's an excellent live performer, but her vocals on that song sounded so bad. I think it's because she'd never sang it before and hadn't had much practice, but it just didn't sound good..

I just don't get why most of the fans hate/dislike the lyrics on Ultraviolence. They're WAAAY better than Born to Die. I don't know, I feel like they're more honest. Pretty When You cry is fantastic, Old Money is like  :( , Ultraviolence is one of the best lyrics every, West Coast is amazing, & more...

And another one:

I actually like Sirens and I don't get why so many don't. Maybe the reason is that I did never put the songs in one album or playlist, if you listen to all of them in a row it may really get boring but I got to know it song by song (not knowing about the May Jailer thing at all) and after listening to them several times I loved every one of them. Especially the lyrics and melodies are magnificent imo.

It took me a while to 'get' the songs because they all sounded the same, but once I did, I started loving them. It's her most personal album in my opinion.

EotAQlJ.jpg