Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I've always hated Young And Beautiful and I'm really glad it's been removed from the sets she's been doing lately but I miss Gods & Monsters (my fav Lana song) :smokes4:

Ultraviolence is a huge step backward vocally, from how she sings to how the vocals are processed (do we really need that much reverb on everything?).

I love the reverb :tsk:

her beauty is overrated

it isn't beautiful what is beautiful, it's beautiful what we like u.u it's a subjective thing u.u

EDIT: sorry I did not see the date ... I was back with the discussion <_<

I've always hated Young And Beautiful [..]

:horror: :horror: :horror: :horror: :horror:

On some of the songs from Ultraviolence, her vocals aren't very strong.

But she's always had the BEST intros ever. (Pretty When You Cry or Sad Girl, for example.)

examples please

VyIsfwC.jpg

I think Ultraviolence has more emotion than Pretty When You Cry. I feel like PWYC is just good vocal technique as she has that same tone in her voice the entire song, which makes it more intentional than raw. UV, on the other hand, just has this darkness over it and there are times when her voice breaks or a certain tone comes over it that sounds involuntary - which in my opinion sounds more authentic. Not to mention UV is wrote about her elusive lover of the past and PWYC is really just a song built around a comment an old boyfriend told her. 

I made sure to listen to them back to back before I made this assessment.  :runs:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Shades Of Cool is the best track on Ultraviolence along with Brooklyn Baby. I loathe the title track. LOATHE!

SOC is definitely best, but I think BB is pretty generic.

As cheesy + clichéd as it is, I'd really like for Lana do a Christmas EP of covers. She could make some Christmas songs sound so haunting, like she did with her cover of OUAD. 

Plus, imagine her singing Santa Baby - how sexy would that sound?!

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

As cheesy + clichéd as it is, I'd really like for Lana do a Christmas EP of covers. She could make some Christmas songs sound so haunting, like she did with her cover of OUAD. 

Plus, imagine her singing Santa Baby - how sexy would that sound?!

Lana every time of the year, for all occasions.  :godlaugh: I'd be game.  :yesnod:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Guest Dot

Lana needs to make an album filled with songs she can perform on weddings, since she seems to enjoy that more than touring.

:oopna:

In her haunting style, she could call the album "The Nightmare Before Christmas."

:giggle:

Two of my personal favorites that I'd love to see her do covers of:

Brenda Lee, "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"

Bono: "Don't They Know It's Christmas"

Two of my personal favorites that I'd love to see her do covers of:

Brenda Lee, "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"

Bono: "Don't They Know It's Christmas"

The Brenda Lee cover would be amazing!

Imagine a cover of Jingle Bell Rock in the style of Boarding School :pray:

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I'm a Christmas Freak so I listen to Christmas music all year round (YES i said it !) but I can't imagine Lana singing a christmas song ! Not saying that she wouldn't be able to pull it off, I just can't picture Yuletide Cheer with her :P

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

The Brenda Lee cover would be amazing!

It would!! Especially with the way Lana does that cool little flutter thing... "Rockin' around the Christmas tree, at the Christmas par[flutter]ty..." That would make my day.