Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Unpopular opinions:

Born To Die has some great songs, but I mean whoever selected those twelve songs out of all the unreleased candidates is a fucking idiot

Most Lana Del Rey fans are idiots. Like really, the way those pathetic brain dead 12 year old emo wannabes attacked Tim Jonze on twitter and Instagram gave me a disturbing foresight into how easily a communist government could contain our society. People need to start trying to think for their fucking selves, for an intelligent species we sure do act an awful lot like sheep.

1.) That was probably Lana on the first bit.  :eek: They could have been worse but yeah there are some songs near the end I'd have swapped out and damn it why did she not use the DMD demo. 

2.) I agree. Sometimes I genuinely wonder if she gets embarrassed about her fans. I'm sure being Ms Tween Idol was not part of her fame fantasy (my boyfriend told me that the screaming at her concert reminded him of what he thought a Beiber concert might sound like and I agreed). I think she expected/wanted a more mature crowd. I personally don't care who likes her because I think she deserves fans, but I wonder what its like knowing your fanbase is mostly highschool Tumblr queens or if she even cares at all. Kind of a tangent.

Your post was quite entertaining but Y&B a lyrical masterpiece?  :horror: 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Lana is extremely talented and a great musician, but it's clear she's quite spoilt. Like sometimes people leave innocent bits of constructive criticism in her you tube comments and she responds with the most bitter, resentful shit she can come up with. TO HER FUCKING FANS. That impatient girl waiting for tropico probably didn't buy Ultraviolence, who knows if she didn't kill herself after that shit with Lana psycho bitch Del Rey?

That's not to say Lana can't be sweet as fuck, but yeah when she gets irate she's a total irrational bitch.

When has she ever replied to an innocent constructive criticism?

The "impatient" girl was equally unpolite as Lana, people dissing her because of how she looks aren't constructive and polite either and the one parody she raged about was arguably not meant to be a parody, it was just mimicking and ridiculing her with a strange voice.

I mean, you can argue about wether she should give a f*ck about stuff like this, but it's not as if the other persons would have approached her with less bitter and resentful words.

And about the journalist: I guess both of them are to blame. Lanz acted stupid and over-dramatically. But looking at most of the (american) interwiev-potraits of her, it can be assumed he really wanted to portrait her in a certain way. Just because someone is a journalist and this means he has to be critic, doesn't mean you have to portrait someone the way the "mainstream" wants to see the person. And this is what many journalists do with Lana, so I doubt he is very innocent.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

When has she ever replied to an innocent constructive criticism?

The "impatient" girl was equally unpolite as Lana, people dissing her because of how she looks aren't constructive and polite either and the one parody she raged about was arguably not meant to be a parody, it was just mimicking and ridiculing her with a strange voice.

I mean, you can argue about wether she should give a f*ck about stuff like this, but it's not as if the other persons would have approached her with less bitter and resentful words.

And about the journalist: I guess both of them are to blame. Lanz acted stupid and over-dramatically. But looking at most of the (american) interwiev-potraits of her, it can be assumed he really wanted to portrait her in a certain way. Just because someone is a journalist and this means he has to be critic, doesn't mean you have to portrait someone the way the "mainstream" wants to see the person. And this is what many journalists do with Lana, so I doubt he is very innocent.

I was mainly refering to that one guy that said he was a fan of her music but her image is overdone. I mean I guess you could argue he was sort of insulting her but at the same time anyone could use that example against her because when you read his comments as innocent pieces of advice she comes across as a total spoiled bitch. I understand why the comment offended her, but her reply made her look petulant.

I agree with you on the journalist, he knew what he was doing and he knew how people would react, and I totally understand that when people begun condemning her she blamed Tim 'cause as far as she knew this had been his intent. She knew he had evidence though, didn't she? She must of known he had it on tape.

I was mainly refering to that one guy that said he was a fan of her music but her image is overdone. I mean I guess you could argue he was sort of insulting her but at the same time anyone could use that example against her because when you read his comments as innocent pieces of advice she comes across as a total spoiled bitch. I understand why the comment offended her, but her reply made her look petulant.

I agree with you on the journalist, he knew what he was doing and he knew how people would react, and I totally understand that when people begun condemning her she blamed Tim 'cause as far as she knew this had been his intent. She knew he had evidence though, didn't she? She must of known he had it on tape.

You mean the one who said he just saw pictures/videos of her and she should really just stick to singing? I mean like, how does this NOT appear to you as an insult? xD

Well, I think she was right. Even though she acted weird, I am quite sure she is righ when she says it was his intention to make her look bad in the first place, no matter WHAT she would have said. The problem is, she really gave him a gem of a headline to work with.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Guest Dot

I never got the love for the DMD demo. I personally think it's really boring and wouldn't have matched the other songs from BTD. I also think the whole "us against the world" and kinda bubbly theme of the lyrics work so much better with the new production. It's good to have a few more happy and uptempo songs in her discography and DMD just works as an uptempo song. You Can Be the Boss could've worked just as well, I think, but it doesn't work as well with the whole Born to Die theme of the album tbh.

Unpopular opinions:

Ultraviolence is Lana's most accomplished album to date. Lana Del Ray is probably my second favourite, but if it did get a re-release the reaction would be pretty lukewarm. Born To Die has some great songs, but I mean whoever selected those twelve songs out of all the unreleased candidates is a fucking idiot

You Can Be The Boss would have made a STELLAR single.

Driving In Cars With Boys is FAR superior to the essence of trite that is Dark Paradise, I mean seriously that could pass for a Lady GaGa song... A SUB-PAR LADY GAGA SONG.

:hooker:

Most Lana Del Rey fans are idiots. Like really, the way those pathetic brain dead 12 year old emo wannabes attacked Tim Jonze on twitter and Instagram gave me a disturbing foresight into how easily a communist government could contain our society. People need to start trying to think for their fucking selves, for an intelligent species we sure do act an awful lot like sheep.

200_s.gif

Come to think of it Lana was pretty childish in responding to Tim as well, she was clearly being quite genuine in that interview, granted she had just completed a record and was probably prepping herself for critical panning at the time, so I can understand her bad mood, but she should have owned up and admitted that what she said she said out of anger and frustration, instead of lashing out at some measly gay journalist that was simply doing his job. Honestly she deserved his comeback 'cause she was being utterly childish. Like bitch, you KNOW you're lying, you KNOW he's got that shit on tape, and you KNOW it's far worse for your reputation to be caught lying than it is to be seen as suicidal, and yet you think it's a brilliant idea to challenge this guy?

kermit-d-naija-frog-meme-generator-no-pl

Lana is extremely talented and a great musician, but it's clear she's quite spoilt. Like sometimes people leave innocent bits of constructive criticism in her you tube comments and she responds with the most bitter, resentful shit she can come up with. TO HER FUCKING FANS. That impatient girl waiting for tropico probably didn't buy Ultraviolence, who knows if she didn't kill herself after that shit with Lana psycho bitch Del Rey?

That's not to say Lana can't be sweet as fuck, but yeah when she gets irate she's a total irrational bitch.

Also I hate it when people call Lana a bitch, so disrespectful :troll:

Lana's current hairstyle is beautiful, I prefer it to the auburn tbh. Plus now she's gained weight auburn would just look weird, the black at least makes her look a little slimmer.

Honestly the Azealia Banks friendship seems fake as fuck to me. I get that they respect each other as musicians but I feel like Lana probably just feels pressured to talk about Azealia 'cause that girl acts like a total mega fan. Maybe there's more to it then that, but really I think Lana's just scared to get on Azealia's bad side.

That being said if they're gonna play pretend friends I would just ADORE a collab between the two, I just feel like their aesthetic visions would work great together.

Further evidence that Lana fans are idiots:

Those of you hating on the lyrical and melodic MASTERPIECE that is Y&B

:wtf:

Damn this tea good :godlaugh:

I fully agree with you on everything you said

I'm so lucky I love sunbathing and moonbathing

Idk if this is a particularly unpopular opinion, but Sirens is Lana's worst record imo.

Don't get me wrong, some songs such as Sirens (/drive by/for k/rehab... I'm really unsure about the official title) is beautiful, river road (next to me?) is fantastic, Star For Nick and Bad Disease are both excellent, but the majority of the album is just boring. The melodies are samey and uninspired, some of the lyrics are REALLY cliché and overall most of the songs just don't do anything for me.

The only good songs are: Sirens, River Road, Star For Nick, Bad Disease, My Momma, How Do You Know Me So Well?, Pretty Baby, Birds Of A Feather ... Ok, that's more than I expected to write, but the rest of the songs are just awful.

Which interview are you guys talking about? Would you mind directing me to this stuff? I had no idea she replied to any fans on youtube aside from that "It's coming you little bitch" thing. 

Which interview are you guys talking about? Would you mind directing me to this stuff? I had no idea she replied to any fans on youtube aside from that "It's coming you little bitch" thing.

In this guardian interview she says she wishes she was dead, which caused a lot of people to condemn her for obsessing over death, so she responded on twitter with a series of tweets claiming that her statements were taken out of context to make headlines, and he had manipulated her with leading questions. Here it is: http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jun/12/lana-del-rey-ultraviolence-album

Here are her tweets:

http://cdn.swaggernewyork.com/media/2014/06/lana-del-rey-the-guardian1.jpg

^btw she got his name wrong, the guy she was reffering to is Called Tim Jonze... I'm not sure who Alexis is. She later deleted these tweets.

Tim responded with this article:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/jun/20/lana-del-rey-problem-interview-but-why

Then again with this...guess they were just desperate for clicks :lmao::

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/dec/17/lana-del-rey-death-wish-unleashed-storm-of-hate

Some of Lana's sassy replies:

21f87290fcb6dda87ec3a19c27823cbd.jpg

And you can find more at the "Lana's sassy replies" thread here: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/4488-lanas-sassy-replies-appreciation-thread/?fromsearch=1

Hope that clears everything up :kiss:

In this guardian interview she says she wishes she was dead, which caused a lot of people to condemn her for obsessing over death, so she responded on twitter with a series of tweets claiming that her statements were taken out of context to make headlines, and he had manipulated her with leading questions. Here it is: http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jun/12/lana-del-rey-ultraviolence-album

Here are her tweets:

http://cdn.swaggernewyork.com/media/2014/06/lana-del-rey-the-guardian1.jpg

^btw she got his name wrong, the guy she was reffering to is Called Tim Jonze... I'm not sure who Alexis is. She later deleted these tweets.

Tim responded with this article:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/jun/20/lana-del-rey-problem-interview-but-why

Then again with this...guess they were just desperate for clicks :lmao::

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/dec/17/lana-del-rey-death-wish-unleashed-storm-of-hate

Some of Lana's sassy replies:

21f87290fcb6dda87ec3a19c27823cbd.jpg

And you can find more at the "Lana's sassy replies" thread here: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/4488-lanas-sassy-replies-appreciation-thread/?fromsearch=1

Hope that clears everything up :kiss:

Awesome! Thanks!  :)

I hate the idea of Interscope forcing her to put 3 more songs in for the deluxe edition. We got three more songs, good, but it makes the album less coherent. Lana mentioned about this in one of her interviews around the time UV released, said that The Other Woman is what she intended the album to be ended with. And it does make sense that way - the whole album sounds a lot better that way actually. Same goes with BTD album, it should end with TIWMUG and Paradise ends with Bel Air. It is sad how all these deluxe / non-deluxe stuff is used purely on marketing and profit-making basis. In my iTunes I always split the regular album and the deluxe bonus tracks

I don't mind deluxe editions at all if they give me songs like Without You, Lucky Ones and Lolita (YES I SAID IT I LOVE THEM !!! haha) and Florida Kilos ...

To me, BTD wouldn't be complete without those first three. Florida Kilos would've been an ovni in the UV trackless, agreed, but it's still a bop ! Still wish we had its instrumental ...

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I don't mind deluxe editions at all if they give me songs like Without You, Lucky Ones and Lolita (YES I SAID IT I LOVE THEM !!! haha) and Florida Kilos ...

To me, BTD wouldn't be complete without those first three. Florida Kilos wouldn't be an ovni in the UV trackless, agreed, but it's still a bop ! Still wish we had its instrumental ... 

Of course I love the bonus tracks too, it is just better if it wasn't in the album. Coherence is very important for a good album e.g. that is the reason Lana re-recorded Yayo for Paradise. A better idea would be putting the bonus tracks on a seperate CD, or use them as B-sides for single (nobody does that now anymore, sadly :( ).

Even some mainstream bands like Coldplay (their label: Parlophone) sticks to having only one edition of their album, so this only proves how profit-thirsty Interscope is.