Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Do people think she was genuinely depressed during the UV era? or was she writing about a time in her life when she wasn't happy? I think she was fairly healthy during the release of UV. I think she's been pretty happy ever since 2012. I personally think UV was just her telling stories about how she used to be sad. What makes you think she was sad during the UV era?

I mean...her relationship with Barrie was her first in the spotlight and that ended horrifically, everyone and their mothers in the media started to assassinate her character and music, she ditched her higher baby voice so people would take her more seriously, the media then ran more circles around her because she had her words twisted in a horrible interview that gave the headline she wanted to die already, most of her unreleased songs got mass leaked, making her publicly paranoid to make any more music, Black Beauty had leaked which really set her off as the song was incredibly personal, she openly stated that she didn't want to do anything after BtD because of all the backlash etc. she had a bad illness and made her life worse, in Your Girl she wrote how she didn't like touring/had been doing it for too long

She was depressed as fuck lmao

not to mention the whole process with making UV was horrible due to her label n dan and things not working right, the absence of TV performances, the quick scandal of UV having the abuse lyric just to name some more things

oh! another edit: she also got hit quick after the billboard of her smoking a cig supposedly being the first UV cover, some more bullshit

I mean...her relationship with Barrie was her first in the spotlight and that ended horrifically, everyone and their mothers in the media started to assassinate her character and music, she ditched her higher baby voice so people would take her more seriously, the media then ran more circles around her because she had her words twisted in a horrible interview that gave the headline she wanted to die already, most of her unreleased songs got mass leaked, making her publicly paranoid to make any more music, Black Beauty had leaked which really set her off as the song was incredibly personal, she openly stated that she didn't want to do anything after BtD because of all the backlash etc. 

She was depressed as fuck lmao

Yes, there were some things you included that I didn't write in my response to @@white gold but I really do believe she was depressed, and that's why I can't fully enjoy the darker tracks associated with that era. 

omg wig I love when LB calls me on my bullshit. yall keep me sane

we're fortunate to stan an artist who can perform at such a high degree of quality even of the midst of mental illness. legend

Personally the amount of bs thrown at her made me legit scared for personal safety at a point for a minute, the amount of negativity thrown her way was excessive and inhumane

Still prob the biggest character assassination there's ever been in music

burning desire is one of her best songs but it'S NOT ON ANY FUCKING ALBUM SO I CONSTANTLY FORGET IT EXISTS AND THEN I REMEMBER AND I'M JUST LIKE "wow~~~!!!!!!!"

I'M DRIVING FAST FLASH EVERYONE KNOWS IT I'M TRYING TO GET YOU BABY.... <333  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

burning desire is one of her best songs but it'S NOT ON ANY FUCKING ALBUM SO I CONSTANTLY FORGET IT EXISTS AND THEN I REMEMBER AND I'M JUST LIKE "wow~~~!!!!!!!"

I'M DRIVING FAST FLASH EVERYONE KNOWS IT I'M TRYING TO GET YOU BABY.... <333  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

Such a fun song. I've always loved it. I think it's because it was just a single for a jaguar commercial. Coachella should take notes  :creep:  :creep:  :creep:(even though I've grown to love it) .

And the video is so fucking underrated. She looks flawless and tbh its probably my favourite of all of her looks in any video. Thats the kind of class I want for the Cherry music video

Also Burning Desire is one of my favourite of her instrumentals

This has probably been mentioned somewhere earlier in the 250+ pages of this thread but

Blue Velvet is one of my favorite songs from BTD/Paradise and I feel like its criminally underrated. Excellent vocals, excellent orchestra instrumental, excellent everything. Maybe it was just the fans I knew before, but I don't remember anybody talking about it.

Also I love David Lynch and the name itself/music video is reference to his movie so maybe I'm biased

This has probably been mentioned somewhere earlier in the 250+ pages of this thread but

Blue Velvet is one of my favorite songs from BTD/Paradise and I feel like its criminally underrated. Excellent vocals, excellent orchestra instrumental, excellent everything. Maybe it was just the fans I knew before, but I don't remember anybody talking about it.

Also I love David Lynch and the name itself/music video is reference to his movie so maybe I'm biased

it's underrated as hell cause it's a cover

it's underrated as hell cause it's a cover

You're right, which is really unfortunate. Never heard much praise for Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood or The Other Woman either now that I think about it. 

I'd honestly pay for an album of Lana doing studio covers of old songs like Vera Lynn's We'll Meet Again. I love the originals, but she does makes them accessible to listeners who can't get into the older sounds. 

As much as I love Ultraviolence as an album, I find it really hard to listen to the song UV, especially after LFL has been released.

I think seeing the way Lana was during the HM era and now, it really puts the UV era into perspective for me.

Whenever I listen to UV (the song) it just reminds me of how depressed and sad she was during that time.

Even reading interviews from the time just feels like it's not Lana, and it makes me so sad to see how sad she was. 

I really appreciate and love who Lana is now, and I'm glad she is happy within herself, or is at least striving towards that.

I know the last part about Lana's happiness isn't unpopular, but I thought maybe not being able to listen to UV anymore was. Not sure, let me know if anyone else feels this way. :)

The only place were wanting lana to be happy is unpopular is tumblr.........

Yes that is another reason why Ultra has been my least favorite era and album. She seemed so down, and the music was dark. The music was amazing, and if I was a fan only for the music I probably would've loved it.  I think a lot of the reason Lana got so down was because of the critics, and all the hardships she went threw with the BtD/Paradise era. Ultraviolence felt like she left her fantasy land of Glamour and Opulence, for reflecting on her fame and life. Still with Ultra we got fun songs like Brooklyn Baby, and we got to see Lana's more 'sassy' side with Fucked My Up To The Top and Money Power Glory. Those tracks still feel said because we see Lana talking about how she feels like everyone sees her as someone who is fake and is only in it for the money. Then tracks like Your Girl leaked which really revealed how she was feeling while recording the album. Your Girl is very repetitive, and has a really sexy sleek sound to it, but like Fucked My Way Up To The Top and Money Power Glory really shows you how she was feeling at the time.

Do people think she was genuinely depressed during the UV era? or was she writing about a time in her life when she wasn't happy? I think she was fairly healthy during the release of UV. I think she's been pretty happy ever since 2012. I personally think UV was just her telling stories about how she used to be sad. What makes you think she was sad during the UV era?

the title track of UV definitely has a sad connotation--but I don't think she was depressed during the UV era. she created some of her best art during that era!

Rob said that the backlash that she received from her country really affected her

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/3764-rob-and-chuck-share-a-few-things-about-lana-tropico-etc/

YyyyyyyeeeeeeessssSSSSSS

i always have the h&m commercial in mind which has nice visuals but it kinda takes away from the song for me if that makes sense? same with burning desire, they just seem different to me idk