Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

she did it a Capella so how can you say it has bad production when you haven't heard the real thing?

I listened to the snippet on IG and it sounds so generic and similar to LiB, WFL: uninteresting synthesised strings, reverb, etc. It doesn't have anything that truly completes a song and enhances it (the live drums/guitar in West Coast, the hiphop samples in Born To Die, violins/piano simultaneously on Ultraviolence).

But you do have a point - I've only heard a tiny bit of it so can't talk about the whole song. But that is just my personal opinion on the chorus in particular.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I listened to the snippet on IG and it sounds so generic and similar to LiB, WFL: uninteresting synthesised strings, reverb, etc. It doesn't have anything that truly completes a song and enhances it (the live drums/guitar in West Coast, the hiphop samples in Born To Die, violins/piano simultaneously on Ultraviolence).

But you do have a point - I've only heard a tiny bit of it so can't talk about the whole song. But that is just my personal opinion on the chorus in particular.

and you got all that from 15 second snippet? i'm impressed 

I'm so lucky I love sunbathing and moonbathing

and you got all that from 15 second snippet? i'm impressed

All I'm saying is that out of the 15 seconds I heard I didn't think the production was particularly unique. The rest of the song could be amazing. I hope it is.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

All I'm saying is that out of the 15 seconds I heard I didn't think the production was particularly unique. The rest of the song could be amazing. I hope it is.

Girl so many valid things to actually complain about yet you pick this :toofunny: seriously it's a 10 second snippet, there's barely anything to analyze and your comparisons are weak considering LIB is another snippet and you say her voice in WFL has reverb when Emile is known for his use of cristal clear vocals lol

At least wait till she releases the whole thing

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Girl so many valid things to actually complain about yet you pick this :toofunny: seriously it's a 10 second snippet, there's barely anything to analyze and your comparisons are weak considering LIB is another snippet and you say her voice in WFL has reverb when Emile is known for his use of cristal clear vocals lol

At least wait till she releases the whole thing

k soz 4 expressing my opinion i won't do it again :sadcore6:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Glad to see you learn from your mistakes :) just don't do it again k?

i won't ;) ❤ that's a lesson learned thanx bbe - this thread is 100% no place for any of my terrible, pernickety (unpopular) opinions right xx :smokes3:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

hey eternal ,me and Lana got your back. Its OK. constructive criticism is what real people do. Mature adults like us can talk about what we like and dont.

Lana would totally agree. If something sucks it sucks, and she would say exactly that. Feel free to post comments. Flamers will hate, but they are immature as fuck.

If a song sounds good, i'll say what i think, if it sucks, i'll say that too. this is a opinions forum. you know what they say about opinions, ever dork has one.

as long as people arent being blatantly fucking rude, its fine to love and critic Lana Del rey, or anyone. if people dont understand that basic concept, they are 

the lower species of intellect.. before all the ignorant comments come in, lets all wait, take some chill pills, and decide if we like the full complete song when it actually comes out. sorry, but ima rebel in alot of ways, dont go with the masses, and refuse to be told what to think by people. Much like ms Del rey,

Peace. "Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand,- predjudice, fear and ignorance go hand in hand"  :D  :popcorn:  :giggle:

not unpopular, i think a large majority of Lana fans dislike the Ride video

Not in South America lol

hey eternal ,me and Lana got your back. Its OK. constructive criticism is what real people do. Mature adults like us can talk about what we like and dont.

Lana would totally agree. If something sucks it sucks, and she would say exactly that. Feel free to post comments. Flamers will hate, but they are immature as fuck.

If a song sounds good, i'll say what i think, if it sucks, i'll say that too. this is a opinions forum. you know what they say about opinions, ever dork has one.

as long as people arent being blatantly fucking rude, its fine to love and critic Lana Del rey, or anyone. if people dont understand that basic concept, they are 

the lower species of intellect.. before all the ignorant comments come in, lets all wait, take some chill pills, and decide if we like the full complete song when it actually comes out. sorry, but ima rebel in alot of ways, dont go with the masses, and refuse to be told what to think by people. Much like ms Del rey,

Peace. "Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand,- predjudice, fear and ignorance go hand in hand"  :D  :popcorn:  :giggle:

This. Mature people with integrity, the sense of their own and other people's personal boundaries and respect for everyone's opinion, especially if it differs from theirs, won't order someone else what to think or say. It is fanatical and egotistic. C'mon, there are topics about worst Lana's lyrics, worst Lana's songs, worst Lana's appearances where people spill out worst offenses, even when they claim that they unconditionally adore Lana till the end of eternity (read: double standards which stem from non-fixed principles), and still there is so huge fascist attitude that others aren't entitled to their humblest notion.

--- That would be my unpopular opinion. ---

But I guess such personas are very young, therefore often exclusive, passionate and rigid in their point of view. I don't blame them, but I would expect much more democratic approach on such an influential and important board. After all (assuming that many of participants are USA citizens), America is a country that praises itself for ultimative freedom of speach, at least on paper, so why wouldn't we all be more flexible and tolerant. Maybe I expect too much.

And those „polite“ requests: „Go away“ – reading such, I feel like I'm in the kindergarten. „My Dad is stronger/bigger than yours“ rhetoric, derived from fueled teen hormones and foaming illusions (or delusions) of grandeur. :hooker:

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

I think Lana's obsession with older men is mainly put on because she likes the image associated with it. I'm sure she's into Daddy/little girl relationship dynamics but it doesn't seem like very many of her boyfriends were considerably older than her.

I think Lana's obsession with older men is mainly put on because she likes the image associated with it. I'm sure she's into Daddy/little girl relationship dynamics but it doesn't seem like very many of her boyfriends were considerably older than her.

I really think a lot of it is from that one teacher (and maybe the record exec guy? who knows about that story anyway) + Lolita. Especially with the "younger other woman" persona that comes up so often. Like you said, she probably likes the dynamic, but it can play out in a lot of ways beyond age, like submissive role playing, "care taking", etc. 

It's one of those things that, like many others, her fans take way too literally.

tZ7WN4B.gif