Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I love album version Yayo and I hate her look in the Honeymoon snippets  :sadcore:

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

Her May Jailer stuff is so important because it's her before she tried to cultivate any sort of image, before she had any sort of fame, international or local. Lyrically and musically it's very distinct from the rest of her stuff. I think it's very honest stuff. She's not singing low to be "taken more seriously", she's not yet started writing about America and cocaine, and her production isn't overwhelming her. It's her and her guitar (and I think it is her playing on that record - she makes a mistake on one of the songs and she stops singing to catch up with it, which would be harder to do with a backup guitarist), without having to worry about being judged by the world.

Somehow, this makes me feel less sorry for what happened to her :tsk: like, if it means otherwise we would still get this bland guitarsongs which all sound the same ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Sometimes annoy me that the most of her songs is about love. "my baby is a gangster I'm nothing without him'' ''he's my baby I love him so much''  ?????? like she have the talent to write something else but god,she keeps writing about her sad teen love. But oh well, I love her songs anyway. I would just like her to write something different, 'cause she's being a little monotonous. (and yes i know she have songs that isn't about love).

tumblr_m5ui30G0B61r1peixo1_500.gif

yes, any theme can get boring if its always the same topic. (lyrically)

(Thats why some artitsts i like, have personas where they are not 'just a one trick pony' and can sing multiple styles/concepts, down ..some up..etc..)

problem with that, then is the fans who buy your records and go to your shows for your 'mellow' style, will conflict with fans whom like your upbeat songs..

some like the blue flame, some the red you know?

Springsteen is an axample i have thought about in the past- he can have super depressing mellow deep songs, as well as 'dancing in the dark' and they crowds

love both songs. I think that is great songwriting, when you can cover many levels and still be great not singing about the same topic in most of the material.

Lana could do (and has done alot of different topics- lyrically), its just alot of the catchy phrasing and key words that have been repeated.. actually come to think of it, stevie nicks has done that alot too in her catalogue..  hmmm... maybe ther is something there.. a devil you know..better than a devil you dont know sometimes..

last time I posted here I triggered a big shitstorm lmao but

I hate it when Lana sings too low for too long. It just seems monotone and boring.

In my opinion the song Ride is completely ruined by the verses being far too low and the terrible lyrics with shit like "full time daddy white and gold" "dying young and I'm playing hard" "that's the way my father made his life an art" every time I hear it I cringe. - the prechoruses/choruses/bridge are perfect though. I also hate the Ride video. It's pretentious, most of it is aesthetically uninspiring, and far too repetitive (mostly just shots of her with daddies or pretending to be a prosititute) for a full 10 minutes.

I hope Lana's gonna slightly change her themes and give us at least some songs that aren't based around bad boy/daddy/Lolita meth addict. I don't think I could enjoy another 14 tracks about the exact same things she's been overusing in the last 4 years

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Lana obviously draws a lot of inspiration from the past but I feel like she often only does that because she likes its aesthetics. As a person who has loved the 20th century for years before I even discovered Lana, I cannot help but be put off by her just taking stuff from the past and applying it to her as it fits her. Although I can see that she genuinely likes some musicians of the past, e.g. Nina Simone.

last time I posted here I triggered a big shitstorm lmao but

I hate it when Lana sings too low for too long. It just seems monotone and boring.

In my opinion the song Ride is completely ruined by the verses being far too low and the terrible lyrics with shit like "full time daddy white and gold" "dying young and I'm playing hard" "that's the way my father made his life an art" every time I hear it I cringe. - the prechoruses/choruses/bridge are perfect though. I also hate the Ride video. It's pretentious, most of it is aesthetically uninspiring, and far too repetitive (mostly just shots of her with daddies or pretending to be a prosititute) for a full 10 minutes.

I hope Lana's gonna slightly change her themes and give us at least some songs that aren't based around bad boy/daddy/Lolita meth addict. I don't think I could enjoy another 14 tracks about the exact same things she's been overusing in the last 4 years

YES! agree with this. I love when she does both low and highs, like in Y&B and Brooklyn Baby, and Hollywood, etc..

Totally agree with Ride views.. :)

Like many others, I don't see a "bad boy" fixation as overly prevalent in LDR's work. So I think Honeymoon (the song) is just a quintessential bad-boy song in the lyrics which reminds us really well of all the other ones she has, but I don't think those bad-boy songs are really that numerous. We just remember them better than her other stuff. Her tendency to sing about bad boys is not that great compared to others' tendency to sing about one thing (for example, Alice Cooper's tendency to sing about just being bad, albeit with amazing variation, or with pop/rock's generally non-amazing and boring treatment of love relationships). I mean UV is actually a themed album in part about toxic relationships (and addictions to such), so there's going to be bad-boy songs there; however, despite that, there were also 3 songs about girls (two of them "bad", the other Brooklyn Baby), a song mourning lost youth (OM), and a classic cover (TOW). Even West Coast, which has relationship referents in it, is not strictly fixated on a "bad boy". Born to Die also had more lyrical variety than critics gave her credit for. For instance fragility of life and/or mourning seem a big theme, and social issues were plausibly represented in Carmen and National Anthem, though critics tended not to give her any benefit of the doubt. Paradise and AKA also seem pretty eclectic on topic to me.

Like many others, I don't see a "bad boy" fixation as overly prevalent in LDR's work. So I think Honeymoon (the song) is just a quintessential bad-boy song in the lyrics which reminds us really well of all the other ones she has, but I don't think those bad-boy songs are really that numerous. We just remember them better than her other stuff. Her tendency to sing about bad boys is not that great compared to others' tendency to sing about one thing (for example, Alice Cooper's tendency to sing about just being bad, albeit with amazing variation, or with pop/rock's generally non-amazing and boring treatment of love relationships). I mean UV is actually a themed album in part about toxic relationships (and addictions to such), so there's going to be bad-boy songs there; however, despite that, there were also 3 songs about girls (two of them "bad", the other Brooklyn Baby), a song mourning lost youth (OM), and a classic cover (TOW). Even West Coast, which has relationship referents in it, is not strictly fixated on a "bad boy". Born to Die also had more lyrical variety than critics gave her credit for. For instance fragility of life and/or mourning seem a big theme, and social issues were plausibly represented in Carmen and National Anthem, though critics tended not to give her any benefit of the doubt. Paradise and AKA also seem pretty eclectic on topic to me.

Nah, the bad boy fixation is there. If it isn't a bad boy, it's a bad daddy. BTD has the least of it, but only because the songs that aren't about bad boys are about her being a bad girl.

Little Girls is one of her best songs (I feel like I said this maybe? It should be said again if so) and it's the best example of her being able to do repetition in a way that isn't annoying, which makes me wonder wtf happened on UV which IS melodically and lyrically repetitive and no it's not a matter of opinion like some people claim because THE LYRICS AND SOUND ARE LITERALLY JUST REPEATING FOR FIVE MINUTES ON HALF THE RECORD. 

tZ7WN4B.gif

I don't like this whole daddy and old men thing. Not for Lana, 'cause she's already an adult, but it's for the teenagers. I mean, I have 15 years-old, and I have friends that likes Lana and thinks that it's cool having an old man. And the most thing that I hate it's how tumblr or other sites put this photos with a little girl and a old men saying things like, ''daddy's little princess''. Everything's okay if you are an adult and you're into those things, but if you are 18 and under, this is not good. And I say this because I know about girls that have 16/15 and have been with a man of 29 or 30 just because they listen to Lana saying those things and thinks it's cool, when it's actually pedophilia.

other thing that I hate it's those immature girls that calls their loser and pre-pubescent boyfriend ''daddy'' or ''sugar daddy'', it's like omg you both have 14 years old what the fRICK are you doing ¿??!¿??

tumblr_m5ui30G0B61r1peixo1_500.gif