Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

The little Cruel World intro she sang last year is honestly so, so overrated. Like, why would it make the song "100000 times better"? Lol

I hate her new bangs. I'm sorry, it just makes her look kinda homely and mom-ish. It's not a good look. I really miss the BTD-era looks.

Yeah. They could function if she was younger, to give her that cute, popsicle Lolita look, but she definitely radiates most powerfully as a sultry vamp with Veronica Lake locks flipped on one side. Tousled, windy, rock look of UV is also delicious, but I cultivate nostalgia for that long, lush, seductive waves reminiscent of Hollywood glamour, even when combined with ferrari jackets and massive golden hip hop chains. And bangs cover her monumental forehead, which adds to the beauty of her long, melancholic, sensual oval face - now it is somehow deformed, and all accent goes to the nose, lips, cheeks and chin, at least two of them been reconstructed and plastic. :crossed:

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

Radio is LDR's feminist anthem. All you have to do is interpret the "I" and "you" in "I've finally found you" as Lizzy Grant finally finding Lana Del Rey. I've seen that interpretation proposed in youtube comments, and think the lyrics support it.

I dont know if id say its a feminist anthem?. but yes it could very well be meaning Lizzy found Lana, or it could mean a lot of other things to..

really anything you want to it to mean.. ('I finally found you' can have a lot of different meanings to alot of people, in many, many different contexts.)

alot of lizzy's songs are like that.

I laugh at the feminist shit sometimes, as (SOME) of them are doing the exact same thing they are supposedly against. (maybe jealous of?)

Eqaulity means just that. Men and Women are EQUAL (or should be).. in all ways. men dont rule over women, and if they did in the past, women shouldnt want to rule over men.  LMFAO.. thats doing the same thing right? if women like to be ruled over, thats another story, men do too right? LOL.. the arguments are soooo boring..

:burn:  dominance and submission have nothing to do with gender eqaulity and feminism, etc..

Anyway ,back to topic- I fucking love Radio- its one of her best songs ever made IMHO. one of the best.

Listened to a bunch of Lanas unrealesed stuff tonight, trying to find more songs to love, after 70 songs in, couldnt find one. sooo dissapointed..

she needs good producers, as well as writers..its obvious. Flipside to that- Some of the good songs are fuckin amazing, so if any one wants to flame away..

it just comes down to personal taste and expectations. When i see her doing (what i think) are great masterpieces of music, then go back over a library of stuff,

that doesnt even come close to anything good, its dissapointing.  i hope HM will be great. I want to be positive for my baby..but cant  be blind.

:eek:

I hate her new bangs. I'm sorry, it just makes her look kinda homely and mom-ish. It's not a good look. I really miss the BTD-era looks.

yes, that instagram pic (to me), doesnt even look like Lizzy to me. Its really wierd. hard to explain. maybe camera angles/shadows/lighting?., but more than that..

doesnt look like her at all..her entire face looks like someone else. Oh well, Im sure i look like shite in different pics. i know i do in fact.. :thumb3:

Radio is LDR's feminist anthem. All you have to do is interpret the "I" and "you" in "I've finally found you" as Lizzy Grant finally finding Lana Del Rey. I've seen that interpretation proposed in youtube comments, and think the lyrics support it.

There is an interview from the BTD era (which I can't for the life of me find right now) where Lana is asked what Radio is about and she says it's about a guy who rejected her until she became famous, and she didn't mind taking him in after that because it's not so important to her why people like her, as long as they like her.

I think the most straightforward interpretation is usually the most accurate with Lana. Plus she's said herself that this whole Lizzy/Lana distinction is purely aesthetic and that she considers herself always having been one and the same person.

thats kind of sad, to just want people to like you for any reason..everyone wants to be liked, but F*** em if they don't i say..

more important to like yourself, which is a huge issue for many..

The radio versions I have, are amazing- have you all heard the 2012 itunes acoustic one? AWESOME.

also the one in france is great too! 

well i guess everyone is entitled to their opinions in the free thinking world. its all good.

i think Ride sucks ..expecially the pretentious 'speech- monologue bullshit' that we all all have as teenagers.. as well as a ton of other LDR songs..

peace bitches. :smokes2:

thats kind of sad, to just want people to like you for any reason..everyone wants to be liked, but F*** em if they don't i say..

more important to like yourself, which is a huge issue for many..

Yeah, this kind of surprised me about Lana, because she strikes me as someone who would have a bit too much pride to do that. But I'm guessing the guy was someone pretty famous, and maybe someone Lana had admired for a while.

I'm listening to the 2012 iTunes one now and you're right, it's really beautiful.

Yeah, this kind of surprised me about Lana, because she strikes me as someone who would have a bit too much pride to do that. But I'm guessing the guy was someone pretty famous, and maybe someone Lana had admired for a while.

I'm listening to the 2012 iTunes one now and you're right, it's really beautiful.

YES!! Incredible, I love the way she sounds and sings Radio so much in that performance. Blew my mind totally.

I think with the acoustic style version it is soooo much more sad.. which lends to the song..

in fact - that is the first full concert of Lana i ever saw. Still completely blown away everytime i watch that.  :facepalm:

:sadcore2:  this- new pop vid- summertime sadness (2012)

another in-fuckin-credible.. performance. Voice wavered and cracked, but the emotions she has in that performance.. oh my GOD.

i was so taken by that performance (best ever SS live performance IMHO).. I just cant breathe while watching that.. beautiful girl singing

a beautiful song with a beautiful voice. the end. over. done. finito.  Bye.. :suicide: