Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Lana del rey has a very good creative imagination. ALOT of what she talks about is from that.

No body likes a 'good girl' image unfortunately in music. people like the 'bad girl'. they think that makes it cool

and rebellious.LOL..

maybe now that she has attained some level of fame, she can be the good girl that she is and always has been. :O

edit- funny this coming from me- a rebel at heart.

Lana del rey has a very good creative imagination. ALOT of what she talks about is from that.

No body likes a 'good girl' image unfortunately in music. people like the 'bad girl'. they think that makes it cool

and rebellious.LOL..

maybe now that she has attained some level of fame, she can be the good girl that she is and always has been. :O

edit- funny this coming from me- a rebel at heart.

This is me reading sarcasm on the internet wrong, right? If not  :thumb3:

tZ7WN4B.gif

KillKillQueen, on 29 Jun 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

I really think a lot of it is from that one teacher (and maybe the record exec guy? who knows about that story anyway) + Lolita. Especially with the "younger other woman" persona that comes up so often. Like you said, she probably likes the dynamic, but it can play out in a lot of ways beyond age, like submissive role playing, "care taking", etc.

It's one of those things that, like many others, her fans take way too literally.

I even get the sense that the Daddy/little girl dynamic is exaggerated to a large degree. Her relationship with Barrie seemed to be equal (I think she was giving him a great deal of emotional support too) as does the one with Francesco. The dominance of her relationship with the record executive probably stemmed from the fact that he had a great deal of music, business, and life experience, whereas Lana was still young and had a lot to learn. Lana has said that she felt mature beyond her years and was seeking people she felt were equals at the time, which is in strong opposition to women who seek relationships with older men because they feel themselves to be undeveloped or are seeking guidance.

I also think a lot of the submissiveness people attribute to Lana comes from the fact that she is a hopeless romantic who obsesses over love (both current and lost) and is willing to sacrifice a great deal for the men she loves. A lot of columnists and the like have also referred to this behavior as 'masochistic', particularly when discussing Video Games, which is rather ridiculous, given that the song's lyrics reflect Lana's satisfaction with the harmony of her relationship, something an emotional masochist would not be able to experience. I think this mentality stems from the idea that modern, enlightened women are not supposed to enjoy 'oppressive' things like submission and devotion, therefore it must be pathological masochism leading to such tendencies. Also, there is a modern tendency to treat art as a kind of inspiration board where people focus on the things that drive them and make them happy, rather than an outlet of mostly afflictive feelings that they struggle with, which is why many assume that Lana is drawn to, and idealizes the scenarios she sings about.

Of course in bed It's obvious Lana is a total freak though :creepna:

I don't get the love for Old Money one bit.It has no business being on UV as it doesn't fit in with the rest of the album IMHO and it should've been a bonus track.I would've personally replaced it with Is This Happiness...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I don't get the love for Old Money one bit.It has no business being on UV as it doesn't fit in with the rest of the album IMHO and it should've been a bonus track.I would've personally replaced it with Is This Happiness...

This! I think Is This Happiness should've replaced Old Money on UV and Old Money should've been on Honeymoon...

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I really don't like Video Games at all

Yes to each there own. For me VG is just okay. nothing great. Lana was actually suprised that was the song that broke for her commercially. she thought it would have been another.. there are plenty of her songs I do not like at all. I have never had an artist i like, where i feel so strongly about the songs i love, and then turn around and totally not like some of the other songs.. make me kinda worried now about this new album coming soon.. ima gonna luv it or meh..

When Lana releases an album with a cute name, it happens that the next one will have a strong/dark/sad/violent name lol.

Sirens  :flutter:

Kill Kill  :creepna:

Lana Del Ray :flutter:

Born to Die  :horror:

Paradise :flutter:

Ultraviolence  :sadcore6:

Honeymoon :flutter:

Old Money is boring as hell and should have been replaced any song that isn't boring as hell

Finally I'm not alone! I was so confused by all the love for it last year.

I think people have a tendency to overrate songs that are melancholic, wistful, and slow due to the subtlety and emotional depth they associate with them, even if they're simplistically written and have some pretty standard/boring lyrics. Not to mention the Old Money melody isn't even original. If you're gonna take some artistic license why not pick a more interesting melody?

I think people have a tendency to overrate songs that are melancholic, wistful, and slow due to the subtlety and emotional depth they associate with them, even if they're simplistically written and have some pretty standard/boring lyrics. Not to mention the Old Money melody isn't even original. If you're gonna take some artistic license why not pick a more interesting melody?

I don't mind OM but it definitely isn't one of my standouts. If we're speaking slow melancholy off of UV Is This Happiness slays OM all day, every day lol. In every way lol. IMO, of course!

*Not wanting to offend any reasonable and sensible teen, of course. :)

I'm with you when it comes to constructive critique (instead of either loving something extremely or bashing it and all the people who ma like it), but ...

I think it's quite reasonable to not judge a song based on two super short snippets and a live acapella of the first verse and then compare it with another short snippet.

________

I think JFK, AFFA, Starry Eyed, Hollywood and the Black Beauty demo are overrated. Everyone calls them "Untouchable" and thirsts for the album which would have contained them, but even though they are nice, I think if you listen to all of them one after another, they are quite forgetable and dull. Plus, if she would have released an album like this after Paradise, this wouldn't be any kind of positive style-development.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I think JFK, AFFA, Starry Eyed, Hollywood and the Black Beauty demo are overrated. Everyone calls them "Untouchable" and thirsts for the album which would have contained them, but even though they are nice, I think if you listen to all of them one after another, they are quite forgetable and dull. Plus, if she would have released an album like this after Paradise, this wouldn't be any kind of positive style-development.

They're called untouchable because we weren't supposed to 'touch' them, and them leaking (us 'touching' them) posed a threat to the post-Paradise album. Lana wasn't happy with that leak, if you'll recall. At the time of the leaking, there were people saying that they weren't going to listen to ('touch', to continue the metaphor) the leaked songs out of respect for Lana or something (nowadays nobody cares since she didn't quit making music~ or anything). I feel pretty confident in telling you that the "untouchable" moniker refers to the nature of how we acquired them and the potential harm they represented, not to their quality as songs.

I agree with you that JFK, AFFA , and Starry Eyed are boring. I won't have anyone insulting the incredible Hollywood, though. I'd love to hear an album that went in that electronic-y direction.

Catch and Release is her best work

okay, maybe not that far, but it's such a great song, even if the lyrics falter at time (I am a shark, beware of my bark?  :horror:  I'll eat you up like the center of a Tootsie Pop? :eek: )

When Lana releases an album with a cute name, it happens that the next one will have a strong/dark/sad/violent name lol.

Sirens :flutter:

Kill Kill :creepna:

Lana Del Ray :flutter:

Born to Die :horror:

Paradise :flutter:

Ultraviolence :sadcore6:

Honeymoon :flutter:

Lana Del Rey announces follow-up to Honeymoon, entitled "Depression" :hooker:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png