Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Too scared to post this elsewhere -

The song Honeymoon is repetitive and the production is boring. It would not do well as a single, because it just isn't catchy and it has some bizarre risqué lyrics. It's not my favourite song at all.

Don't kill me.

I got dragged for this back when we only had a snippet and a live acapella but I was kinda right :toofunny:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I did have reservations about HBTB cover but now I love it to bits. It reminds me of those tacky but awesome covers you used to get on those romantic pulp fiction novels.

It couldn't be more Lana tbh....

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I did have reservations about HBTB cover but now I love it to bits. It reminds me of those tacky but awesome covers you used to get on those romantic pulp fiction novels.

It couldn't be more Lana tbh....

Same

i absolutely love songs that everyone else seems to hate

delicious

catch and release

moi je jue

making out

DADDY ISSUES

uh and also i dont like because of you at all and starry eyed > hollywood & affa (together)

Wy8jf2U.jpg

I'm relieved to know that Weekend collaboration is for his album, and I hope Lana never let anyone else sings with her on her records

-------

I'm extremely irritated that on streaming services, Lana's similar artists are just mainstream songstresses who got famous in the similar period OR fellow famous indie artist, but has nothing to do with having similar musical style. Like why?

delicious

catch and release

moi je jue

making out

DADDY ISSUES

uh and also i dont like because of you at all and starry eyed > hollywood & affa (together)

thats ok. as long as you like them right? :)

delicious

catch and release

moi je jue

making out

DADDY ISSUES

wtf who hates on catch and release, that's one of my favourites

delicious

catch and release

moi je jue

making out

DADDY ISSUES

I love Delicious! That's my little jam.  :dance:

honeymoon doesnt need one of the verses and 2 of the choruses and it would be much better

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

I hope Lana's gonna slightly change her themes and give us at least some songs that aren't based around bad boy/daddy/Lolita meth addict. I don't think I could enjoy another 14 tracks about the exact same things she's been overusing in the last 4 years

I agree with this part of what you said so much. (Personally I love the song and video for Ride but I'm so tired of the same themes over and over again.)

-------

I'm extremely irritated that on streaming services, Lana's similar artists are just mainstream songstresses who got famous in the similar period OR fellow famous indie artist, but has nothing to do with having similar musical style. Like why?

No one who is relevant right now sounds like ha majesty Del Rey. I like to think of it as a compliment while I'm sifting through "related"  flop FROOT tracks and 4 year old Florence albums.

--------------------------

A lot of post UV fans are pretentious and no fun (I'm not exclusively talking about here but  tumblr, twitter, etc as well) and don't seem to accept Lana's more playful, cute songs. I don't want to live in a world where Summer of Sam, Queen of Disaster, and Ooh Baby don't exist  :pft:

tZ7WN4B.gif

I don't want to live in a world where Summer of Sam, Queen of Disaster, and Ooh Baby don't exist  :pft:

Summer of Sam and Ooh Baby are some my fave little "jams"! Also Paradise lol.

Call me a hipster or whatever you want but sometimes I prefer any of unreleased Lana's songs over some mainstream trash. 

tumblr_lgub57ruDG1qcrzkko1_500.gif

:creep:  

-

Anyway my main one is when she smokes on stage or just in photos and stuff in general

it's not cute or edgy or different 

it's gross

stop

pls

:biblio:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

I don't really think Honeymoon / WFL / BE / ICF / any of her slow songs are boring. I don't know if it's because I spent most of my teens listening to the slowest saddest folksy guitar music, but I'm just never bored by her slow songs. I also love her upbeat fun pop songs, don't worry.

I love the HBTB cover and I don't see a problem with the font. 

:runs: