Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Sad Girl actually has a really nice groove and I love her vocals and the instrumentation on it.

And the HBTB video is kinda w/e. It ain't bad, but I'm still not feeling the song and usually if she released a song I wasn't feeling, the video would help.

title251192345.png

[ultraviolence>>>LDRAKALG]>>>[born to Die>>>Sirens/FTE/QN]>>>Paradise

Sad Girl is the bestttttt from UV

Body Electric, Cola, and Cruel World are some of my favourite songs performed live. (MDM is my fave, but I don't think it's too unpopular to like)

I am so thrilled she added Us Against the World as one of the unreleased songs to the Endless Summer setlist (it has been in my top 3 for a very long time and I was at a loss for air when I heard it was rumoured to be on the list) ... but also so disappointed she had removed Body Electric (above)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Unpopular opinion (maaaybe): A lot of Lana's lyrics really are quite vapid. The beautiful instrumentals sort of distract from that... and I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with that! I don't listen to Lana to have profound philosophical breakthroughs.

edit: oh and also Live or Die V2 is a bop and I will love it forever :glasses:

I think HBTB is the worst Lead single choice Lana has made and Its also imo one of Lana's worst songs she's ever made to.It sounds to me like its a demo for a potentially great track. I always always find some redeeming quality in anything Lana has released or done so far in her career but the track is so bad and lazy :ohno: 

I don't like the instrumental at all it just sounds so basic compared to what Lana and her team are capable of. I understand Lana has to evolve and hell I love it when artist do so as it keeps them and us interested but the beats are so generic...

The lyrics are very vapid and empty. Apart from the cute Lizzy Grant nod and the rather good ending the rest are the usual Lana troupes that she's prone to using. I get why almost everyone likes it so much though. The fact the Lana is standing up for herself and saying a massive fuck you to the press/ex's whatever is a massive and important step forward.So I'm happy that way :) \par

Now the video.Its not the mess that UV was but its not a masterpiece like BTD was either.It middle of the road like Y&B and Burning Desire.Its beautiful and there are some gorgeous shots aswell but in some parts it feels awkward. The highlight though is when Lana shoots down the Paparazzi-copter. Actually that's one of the highlights of my life tbh  :D  Its quite funny in some parts especially when she caught her dress on the rail :rip:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I don't know why so many people dislike Catch and Release. It is one of my fav songs from her because it's fucking trippy. Who needs drugs when you got Lana?   :candy:

Also, I have a feeling that Lana is going more slightly commercial and I kinda like it... like HBTB still has its little Lana quirks and what not but it appealed a lot to the GP, more than any other of her songs.

Life imitates art 

I love Summertime Sadness.

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

I love Summertime Sadness.

You're not alone! I do too.

I definitely prefer the original though!

I know it's so cliché but it's the first song I ever heard of Lana's,

so it will always hold a special place with me!

So now that the "endless summer" tour has ended, we know that LDR chose only 3 unreleased songs to sing during it, which is a small number and therefore invites speculation about their personal meanings to her. Some would say that they just fit the vibe of the rest of the songs she chose and that's it. I would say (trying to be unpopular) that they were intentionally aimed at feminists. Two of the songs (You Can Be the Boss, and Us Against the World) seem geared to upset feminists because of the overly submissive role the female protagonists play in those songs. The third song, Serial Killer, which I take to have a female protagonist, seem to be about "bitch-slapping" feminists into understanding the breadth of her perspective on both feminism and  personal relationships. SK, when taken as a depiction of LDR (and why not? people routinely assume the other songs are), suggests LDR as a wolf in sheep's clothing vis a vis her relationships.

I want everyone to stop pretending that Video Games is a good song. It's been 3 years, we can let it go now.

No one's pretending it's a good song, it really IS a good song… But I do agree that people need to stop being stuck in the BTD era and all of its songs and move on a bit, like, get with the program everyone, BTD was so 3 albums ago lmao.