Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Yes it is so obvious the track is about Lana! People are always wanting to make something more out of something that isn't lol. I feel like it is a dis-track to all those people who doubted her or questioned her success and how she got there. Like fuck you I'm here and I know what you think but I don't give a shit because I run this show! I love the song to be honest lol. It's so feisty and when I'm wanting to feel SEXYYY I turn it way up lol!

Saying "it's about Lana" may be a little critical as well because it could appear like she would self-crit. I guesss it's like you said. A big FUCK YOU. Maybe there is even another singer she's talking to but I don't think it's the main goal to diss this person.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Which three aren't? :yesnod:

Well I don't really like For K Part 2, to me the demo version is where it's at.

I find Raise Me Up and Jump average, like they are pleasant to listen to but I would be totally fine with not hearing them ever again.

It's okay though because Gramma is perfection. I mean who else writes lyrics like that.

I find Raise Me Up and Jump average, like they are pleasant to listen to but I would be totally fine with not hearing them ever again.

It's okay though because Gramma is perfection. I mean who else writes lyrics like that.

Those three are all heavenly though, but yeah Gramma is cool

large.jpg

I agree with Jump and For K, they are just a bit bleh to me. I usually skip them tbh but Raise Me Up is my jam. To each their own though lol. Spot on with Gramma though it's one of my favorites on AKA! For some reason I love when she spells things out. Gramma and Summer of Sam go hard for me lol.

Fucked my way to the Top  was a slapdown of imiatator Lorde who so many times namedropped Lana and copied every single thing about her.

She wasn't saying Lorde was an actual whore, she was saying Lorde and every other imitator is an ATTENTION NAME DROPPER whore. An attention media whore.

Lorde whored herself to the media getting a #1 single and style that copied Lana

(however, Lorde can't seem to find any new material, and recently fired some managers).

20 years from now, no one will remember Lorde. (BTW- why didn't the media call Lorde inauthentic, and changed her name and all?
WHY? Because she played the media game and they loved her. She's a copy (mimicking me's a fucking bore)

the press control her therefore the press from day one loved her.

20 years from now, Elizabeth Grant will be remembered.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I understand some people don't like Lorde, but there's no need to call her a "media whore" or even an imitation of Lana. She started out online and people found her songs and liked them, and Royals became popular. Just as Lana started out online and became popular with Video Games. The only difference is Lorde had label backing when she was putting her stuff online and when she dropped Royals as a single. What did she imitate? Singing in a low register? Lana didn't invent that. Hip-hop beats? Lana certainly didn't invent that. Her fashion style is very different, so it can't be that. Concretely, what is "every single thing" about Lana that she copied? 

Lorde doesn't even sing about the same topics as Lana. BTD was mostly love songs while Pure Heroine was about a fear of growing up and disillusioned youth. She didn't "name drop" Lana, she mentioned one time that she (along with Drake and Nicki Minaj) sang about inaccessible topics, such as having a Bugatti Veyron, and also mentioned she didn't like the "I'm nothing without you" theme that permeates Lana's music because of how submissive it is. I don't agree with her in those cases (and I don't really like her that much), but some of these accusations of "copying" Lana are groundless.

As for why the media didn't tear her apart, it's pretty simple. One, Lorde was 16 back then, and people adore "child prodigies" as well as having reservations about destroying teenagers. Two, Lorde hadn't tried out other aliases before. Unfortunately, the media took Lana's withdrawing of AKA as an attempt to hide a failed project and not an attempt to get rid of a project that had been delayed and she no longer cared about. She had a different style back then too. Her father being rich (and he is rich) was the cherry on top of the sundae: rich girl Lizzy Grant changes name to Lana Del Rey and vamps it up to hide failed past album. Lorde didn't have that kind of media ammo in her past (probably because, once again, she was 16).

It's unfortunate that Lana was torn apart, and I, too, was pressed when Lorde was getting the acclaim I felt Lana deserved, but this isn't some conspiracy or Lorde "playing into" the game. Sometimes things don't work out. Ultimately, Lana is still here, she's making music, and she's got a solid audience, and we should focus on that instead of whinging about how unfairly the media treated her. We can't change that. But we can change the future. (of course, this won't happen if she cancels half her promo like she did in the last days of UV, but details, details!) You don't have to tear down other artists to build Lana up. Fans of Lana already have a reputation as being whiny and prone to finding any remotely similar thing and shouting "obvious Lana inspiration!!1!" All it does is make us look insecure.

This is the only thing she's ever said about who FMWUTTT was based off:

"It’s about a singer who first sneered about my allegedly not authentic style but later she stole and copied it. And now she’s acting like I am the art project and she the true super artist. My God and people actually believe her, she’s successful! I shouldn’t continue ranting, it doesn’t get anywhere."

I honestly can't think of a major pop star who publicly "sneered" at Lana and then started saying she was an artist. When I read this, the "true super artist" thing immediately reminded me of Gaga. They started out in the same scene, and clearly Lana did not like her (though we don't know what Gaga thought of her). A year before UV was released, Gaga released ARTPOP and mentioned putting art in pop all the time in her interviews. However, I don't think Gaga has ever so much as mentioned Lana publicly, and I don't think you can say Gaga "copied" Lana unless you think Lana also owns brown hair. It doesn't sound like Lorde because there's clear cause and effect here - first she sneered about Lana's inauthentic style, later she stole and copied it. By the time Lorde was getting public attention and mentioned Lana, she already had her sound developed. So who the heck, in 2014, was Lana talking about? Who knows with her.

We didn't have the Lizard Queen discussions since last year. Please don't bring it back :horror: 

If you want to know why FMWUTTT is about Lorde just read it's lyrics thread, there are really on-point interpretations of the song in there.

I must be the only one who sees no similarities between Lorde and Lana. It's obvious with Swift but imo Lorde's image and sound is completely different from Lana's :horror:

how is swift in any way like lana?

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

how is swift in any way like lana?

mte this is the dumbest shit, Lana hadn't heard 1989 yet (it wasn't even created when FMWUTT was recorded) and no part of Red carries any similarities to Lana

People just want to start shit for the sake of starting shit

BzhmW.png

mte this is the dumbest shit, Lana hadn't heard 1989 yet (it wasn't even created when FMWUTT was recorded) and no part of Red carries any similarities to Lana

People just want to start shit for the sake of starting shit

Maybe the IKYWT video with Mandler? But yeah, at the time there wasn't anything to go on. Plus Swift doesn't really match the description.

I understand some people don't like Lorde, but there's no need to call her a "media whore" or even an imitation of Lana. She started out online and people found her songs and liked them, and Royals became popular. Just as Lana started out online and became popular with Video Games. The only difference is Lorde had label backing when she was putting her stuff online and when she dropped Royals as a single. What did she imitate? Singing in a low register? Lana didn't invent that. Hip-hop beats? Lana certainly didn't invent that. Her fashion style is very different, so it can't be that. Concretely, what is "every single thing" about Lana that she copied? 

Lorde doesn't even sing about the same topics as Lana. BTD was mostly love songs while Pure Heroine was about a fear of growing up and disillusioned youth. She didn't "name drop" Lana, she mentioned one time that she (along with Drake and Nicki Minaj) sang about inaccessible topics, such as having a Bugatti Veyron, and also mentioned she didn't like the "I'm nothing without you" theme that permeates Lana's music because of how submissive it is. I don't agree with her in those cases (and I don't really like her that much), but some of these accusations of "copying" Lana are groundless.

As for why the media didn't tear her apart, it's pretty simple. One, Lorde was 16 back then, and people adore "child prodigies" as well as having reservations about destroying teenagers. Two, Lorde hadn't tried out other aliases before. Unfortunately, the media took Lana's withdrawing of AKA as an attempt to hide a failed project and not an attempt to get rid of a project that had been delayed and she no longer cared about. She had a different style back then too. Her father being rich (and he is rich) was the cherry on top of the sundae: rich girl Lizzy Grant changes name to Lana Del Rey and vamps it up to hide failed past album. Lorde didn't have that kind of media ammo in her past (probably because, once again, she was 16).

It's unfortunate that Lana was torn apart, and I, too, was pressed when Lorde was getting the acclaim I felt Lana deserved, but this isn't some conspiracy or Lorde "playing into" the game. Sometimes things don't work out. Ultimately, Lana is still here, she's making music, and she's got a solid audience, and we should focus on that instead of whinging about how unfairly the media treated her. We can't change that. But we can change the future. (of course, this won't happen if she cancels half her promo like she did in the last days of UV, but details, details!) You don't have to tear down other artists to build Lana up. Fans of Lana already have a reputation as being whiny and prone to finding any remotely similar thing and shouting "obvious Lana inspiration!!1!" All it does is make us look insecure.

This is the only thing she's ever said about who FMWUTTT was based off:

"It’s about a singer who first sneered about my allegedly not authentic style but later she stole and copied it. And now she’s acting like I am the art project and she the true super artist. My God and people actually believe her, she’s successful! I shouldn’t continue ranting, it doesn’t get anywhere."

I honestly can't think of a major pop star who publicly "sneered" at Lana and then started saying she was an artist. When I read this, the "true super artist" thing immediately reminded me of Gaga. They started out in the same scene, and clearly Lana did not like her (though we don't know what Gaga thought of her). A year before UV was released, Gaga released ARTPOP and mentioned putting art in pop all the time in her interviews. However, I don't think Gaga has ever so much as mentioned Lana publicly, and I don't think you can say Gaga "copied" Lana unless you think Lana also owns brown hair. It doesn't sound like Lorde because there's clear cause and effect here - first she sneered about Lana's inauthentic style, later she stole and copied it. By the time Lorde was getting public attention and mentioned Lana, she already had her sound developed. So who the heck, in 2014, was Lana talking about? Who knows with her.

excellently and intelligently written post. your intellect shows. :)

unpopular maybe here for some of you.. :burn:  maybe not.. :party:

Calm yourselves the fuck down and check this bitches..

Taylor Swifts Wildest Dreams sounds fricken amazing, beautiful voice and song. Absolutely incredible.

Blew my mind. But real mixed feelings, I mean she did it beautifully, but it sounds so so much what Lana

would do, expecially the beginning verse in lower voice, and the subsequent verses.. Love this song so much.

This is a fair bit different from most of Taylor's other stuff, but extremely well done by her. Would love to hear Lana

sing this one too! :) Its totally Lana in my view.

Halsey's Drive another incredible one. :)

Ed Sheeran- 'The A team' duet with Lana!  :P  :)

Terrance Loves You should win a huge award for something. One of Lana's all time best EVER. :icant:  :aw:  :sadcore2:  :suicide:

Im in love with her and with this song.

people are always trying to connect Lana's inspirations to something from the past, oftentimes so irrelevant to her music and to what she writes about. Can't wait until someone claims that she's written a song about the diary entries of a Nazi officer or something :toofunny:

#HeavyHitler

:troll:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

unpopular maybe here for some of you.. :burn:  maybe not.. :party:

Calm yourselves the fuck down and check this bitches..

Taylor Swifts Wildest Dreams sounds fricken amazing, beautiful voice and song. Absolutely incredible.

Blew my mind. But real mixed feelings, I mean she did it beautifully, but it sounds so so much what Lana

would do, expecially the beginning verse in lower voice, and the subsequent verses.. Love this song so much.

This is a fair bit different from most of Taylor's other stuff, but extremely well done by her. Would love to hear Lana

sing this one too! :) Its totally Lana in my view.

Halsey's Drive another incredible one. :)

Ed Sheeran- 'The A team' duet with Lana!  :P  :)

Terrance Loves You should win a huge award for something. One of Lana's all time best EVER. :icant:  :aw:  :sadcore2:  :suicide:

Im in love with her and with this song.

tumblr_inline_n2eozzURCj1srae48.gif