LDRO

"Young & Beautiful" - Lead single from The Great Gatsby Soundtrack, OUT NOW!

Also, the vocals have me grinding my teeth. On one side she sounds more emotional than she usually does which is nice, but they've done something to her voice, whatever it is it makes the song sound cheap and it's really off-putting.

I can tell you for sure that it's the digital reverb they use on her vocals but i also just detected Auto-Tune, which i hadn't noticed on the first few listens. It's transparent throughout the whole song except for one section where it's especially noticeable, even blatant, on one word specifically, but i'm not going to say where and be that guy that ruins it for everyone  :P

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I can tell you for sure that it's the digital reverb they use on her vocals but i also just detected Auto-Tune, which i hadn't noticed on the first few listens. It's transparent throughout the whole song except for one section where it's especially noticeable, even blatant, on one word specifically, but i'm not going to say where and be that guy that ruins it for everyone  :P

jesus, lana. i'm kind of disappointed to read that they used auto-tune here. she has a beautiful voice so i don't know why they would. 

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Noooo, tell us where. I don't like the song enough to stop what I'm listening to and try to find out for myself. 

14417469274.gif

Tell us x,x

I'm pretty sure we will get the video by tomorrow, possibly in a couple of hours.

I mean, the movie comes out in about 3 weeks, it's not like they want to wait with the video release.

jesus, lana. i'm kind of disappointed to read that they used auto-tune here. she has a beautiful voice so i don't know why they would. 

idk why people think auto-tune then jump to instantly bad. I don't think it's a bad thing at all. Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy heavily uses auto-tune all the way through and it's creates what's really quite a beautiful, eerie sound (see: Runaway).

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

idk why people think auto-tune then jump to instantly bad. I don't think it's a bad thing at all. Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy heavily uses auto-tune all the way through and it's creates what's really quite a beautiful, eerie sound (see: Runaway).

kanye's not a singer though, he's a rapper. lana's a singer and i think she should be able to hit the notes that she wants in a song or whatever reason they used auto-tune for. singers should be able to sing themselves and not have to use auto-tune to get a good song.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

kanye's not a singer though, he's a rapper. lana's a singer and i think she should be able to hit the notes that she wants in a song or whatever reason they used auto-tune for. singers should be able to sing themselves and not have to use auto-tune to get a good song.

I dont think so. I can listen to synthetic voice if it sounds nice for me - thats the only condition for me. I dont care she wont hit these notes live as long as I dont plan seeing her live.  :toofloppy:

oh this is messy , im thinking that were not getting any videos ....i didnt see any tweet about that, but i was sure that i saw one saying it :(!!!!

Young and Beautiful

#1 Honduras
#3 Slovenia
#4 Bulgaria
#5 Czech Republic
#6 Singapore
#15 Poland
#15 Sweden
#17 Sri Lanka
#19 Malaysia
#19 Slovakia
#21 Russia
#26 Brazil
#27 Greece
#29 Indonesia
#29 Italy
#31 Norway
#31 Slovakia
#33 Israel
#37 Ireland
#41 Argentina
#42 Hong Kong
#42 Thailand
#51 United Kingdom
#51 Finland
#54 Chile
#54 France
#56 Turkey
#57 Costa Rica
#61 Brazil
#61 Spain
#64 New Zealand
#69 Denmark
#71 Netherlands
#77 Macau
#78 Turkey
#81 Australia
#81 Belgium
#103 Austria
#132 Bulgaria
#146 South Africa
#162 Switzerland
#169 Israel
#179 Malta
#181 Germany
#191 Estonia
#200 Luxembourg
#200 Nicaragua
#240 Colombia
#316 Paraguay
#332 Taiwan
#347 Hungary

I see you all seething over Queen Flo's song :hottie: loljk

I both enjoy Y&B and OTL, but I enjoy the latter more. It's giving me so much life when I listen to it

ibxaj4ZDtpPfO9.gif

P.S. Not my 2 faves getting pitted against each other in this thread lmao

The Girl You Used To Call The Queen of New York City

YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL IS FEATURED IN THE NEW TRAILER 

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/great-gatsby-sneak-peek-trailer-gma-exclusive-18875523#.UV16O4c-8Xk.twitter

Song if officially called Young and Beautiful.

Music Video Released Date: April 22nd

Single Released Date: April 23rd

:omfg2: at them paying beyonce dust

WHO SAID THIS?? SOME TWEET? :(

I understand this is a Lana thread but we should agree not all of Lana's songs are perfect Y&B is an example, it is nice but is way to mess for me (and I usually take whatever she let's us hear), the production drowned out her vocals throughout the majority of the song except during the lyrics 'Will you still love when I'm no longer young and beautiful?' It is one of her hit or miss songS for me. Honestly overall I love Lana but Florence's soundtrack songs 'Breath of Life' and 'Over the Love' are actually are some of her best songs. I'm waiting for a few albums to be released late 2013 - early 2014 (Florence + the Machine, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Lana of course, Jessie J,Nicki Minaj and Natalia Kills). Stanning is a fully time job you know :legend:

OTL > Y&B > my existence

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

:bye:

what is this delusion, y&b is great. not her best, but its awesome and basically perfect for gatsby just as she intended

the orchestral version >>>>>

and im usually pretty critical of lana and her songs. im still pleased with y&b as yall should be

tumblr_pinn5thM7y1y0ns5so1_400.gif

:bye:

what is this delusion, y&b is great. not her best, but its awesome and basically perfect for gatsby just as she intended

the orchestral version >>>>>

and im usually pretty critical of lana and her songs. im still pleased with y&b as yall should be

so much whining here tbh :ohno: