teethclick

Björk

i really dislike the album version of all is full of love, strange bc the original/single version is one of my favourite bjork songs of all time

I love the album version, but enjoy the other ones as well, that's quite rare actually because I don't use to like other mixes from Bjork song :teehee:

I'm so happy to have found the Pagan Poetry video otherwise I would've never heard of her probably, best 6 months of my life, I haven't been this mch into an artist since Lana :defeated:

8nl2OpX.png

I love the album version, but enjoy the other ones as well, that's quite rare actually because I don't use to like other mixes from Bjork song :teehee:

I'm so happy to have found the Pagan Poetry video otherwise I would've never heard of her probably, best 6 months of my life, I haven't been this mch into an artist since Lana :defeated:

That video is one of the best moments of her career, spectacular in every way.

smile.gif

I told you :defeated:

I can't seem to get into her music and I don't know why. Whenever I listen to the longer songs, I tend to drift off after the first couple minutes.

I listened to Post and loved it but the last few songs all blended together for me.

I listened to Homogenic as well and loved the first half but then got bored.

I listened to a little bit of Volta and found it more interesting than the other two but still not extremely gripping.

Now I'm attempting to listen to Vulnicura...

So far the only songs I can really get into are "All is Full of Love", "Its Oh So Quiet", "Hyperballad", "The Dull Flame of Desire", "Declare Indendence", "Lionsong", and "Play Dead".

I can't seem to get into her music and I don't know why. Whenever I listen to the longer songs, I tend to drift off after the first couple minutes.

I listened to Post and loved it but the last few songs all blended together for me.

I listened to a little bit of Volta and found it more interesting than the other two but still not extremely gripping.

So far the only songs I can really get into are "All is Full of Love", "Its Oh So Quiet", "Hyperballad", "The Dull Flame of Desire", "Declare Indendence", "Lionsong", and "Play Dead".

Her longer songs can be tough to pay attention throughout. I'd recommend her earlier singles, like Human Behavior, Venus as a Boy, and Big Time Sensuality. Also "It's In Our Hands" is a good one that's not long

smile.gif

Only started listening to Björk a week ago, but omg it was probably the best decision I've made in my life! I have just been bopping and crying to all of these amazing songs literally every moment I can!! I'm yet to come across a song of hers I don't like which is extremely rare for me, because usually in even my fave singers there's always some songs I don't like, but for Björk, I just can't find a song I hate!!  :defeated:

So far, my standout albums are Vespertine, which is my fave (I think it's literally my third fave album of all time omg!! :flutter: ), followed by Homogenic, Vulnicura, then Volta. Haven't really gotten into Biophilia yet, the songs are nice but nothing has really stood out to me on it yet. I love all her other albums as well, those 4 are just the ones I keep going back to for more!

Some of her overall best songs in my opinion, are Hidden Place, It's Not Up to You, Pagan Poetry, Jóga, Bachelorette, Earth Intruders, Declare Independence, Aurora, Stonemilker, Lion Song, Cover Me, and a few others. I just cannot get enough of this woman. I love how each album is completely different and has a really strong vision, style and image. And her cover arts are literally the best I've ever seen!! And I find her accent so cute and it adds this unique sound to her voice and the songs.

Greatest Hits as a full album is so amazing. I know people prob don't pay much attention to it cause it's not a studio album (obviously lol) but it's really so brilliant.

Post is a really good album but the last three songs (I Miss You, Cover Me and Headphones) are definitely a snoozefest.

I agree with the first half of Homogenic being superior. I mean, the second half is good too, but the first five songs are simply timeless and the fact that they were made in the 90s is incredible.

The concept of Volta musically is really interesting, but the songs themselves are just bad in my opinion. The only good songs on it are Wanderlust, Dull Flame, Declare Independence and maybe Earth Intruders. I've known a lot of fans that consider Volta as her best album though, but their arguments are invalid :creep:

I'm not the kind of fan that will tell you to avoid Vulnicura if you don't like her other albums, because it all depends on your taste. Vulnicura is long, dark, experimental and the main focus is the emotion, which is very rare in her discography. However, being personal and emotive doesn't mean it isn't innovative, because it really is. It's so forward-thinking production wise and it's full of details.

Hope you enjoy her music much more in the future.

Post is a really good album but the last three songs (I Miss You, Cover Me and Headphones) are definitely a snoozefest.

I agree with the first half of Homogenic being superior. I mean, the second half is good too, but the first five songs are simply timeless and the fact that they were made in the 90s is incredible.

The concept of Volta musically is really interesting, but the songs themselves are just bad in my opinion. The only good songs on it are Wanderlust, Dull Flame, Declare Independence and maybe Earth Intruders. I've known a lot of fans that consider Volta as her best album though, but their arguments are invalid :creep:

I'm not the kind of fan that will tell you to avoid Vulnicura if you don't like her other albums, because it all depends on your taste. Vulnicura is long, dark, experimental and the main focus is the emotion, which is very rare in her discography. However, being personal and emotive doesn't mean it isn't innovative, because it really is. It's so forward-thinking production wise and it's full of details.

Hope you enjoy her music much more in the future.

Thank you so much. :kiss2: After listening to her some more, I'm in love now, but I appreciate your help.

Thank you so much. :kiss2: After listening to her some more, I'm in love now, but I appreciate your help.

Yeah I just saw your other post. Glad you officially like her now! Mind to share your thoughts on each album?

I'm only going to "review" the albums I've listened to at least three times because I don't think it's fair to criticize an album I don't really know.

Post is a really good album and sometimes I like to listen to it on an endless shuffle because almost all the songs are really good. The only ones that don't stand out in my mind are You've Been Flirting Again and Headphones.

Homogenic is just as good as Post in my opinion. All the songs are at least decent, but my least favorites are 5 Years and Pluto.

(I'm just now listening to Vespertine in the correct order for the second or third time but I'm loving it so far and will probably share my thoughts soon.)

Volta is a great album to me personally. I like how it's a little bit chaotic. My least favorites are Pneumonia and Hope. I remember liking them but I can't recall anything about them at all.

Last, but not least, the only other album I've listened to multiple times is Vulnicura. It's definitely in my top tier of Björk albums. When I first listened to it, I was bored out of my mind but after more listens, I love it. I like the focus on emotions (and also the music videos have been really awesome). My least favorites are Notget and Mouth Mantra. Once again I remember very little about those two songs and I've listened to them at least a handful of times.

I'll be sure to write about Debut, Vespertine, Medulla, and Biophilia once I'm more familiar with them.

Headphones has grown so much on me this week it's so chill and it has an ASMR feel to it, she's just too great her music is so interesting to listen to

8nl2OpX.png