teethclick

Björk

After having listened to it basically all day long, I feel that the first 4 tracks are the clear highlights of the album, and that the songs in the 2nd half are just too similar and less 'melodically' defined, so for me it's kind of a 50% ok album. The lyrics are very direct and moving -you can really feel the pain in her voice, but they are also repetitive. I know the topic of the album is the end of love and having a broken heart but... idk, I can here a lot of 'universal', 'internal', 'eternal' and of course 'love'. I also don't really like the fact that 'Stonemilker' sounds like it could have been in Homogenic, 'Lionsong' has 100% Biophilia-like vocal moments and that the latter part of the album has this 'Hollow'/'Dark Matter'-ish feeling to it. Biophilia is by far my least fave Björk album, so that's not cool for me.

Anyway!! The perfection of the first half of the album, even though it lacks the experimentation (real experimentation and evolution) of her previous work, makes it up for the songs that I don't like. Now I cannot wait to see the cover !

Also, pretty proud of the way my collection is looking. 132 songs total. Can't wait to replace the cover on Vulnicura with the real one though.

9AX9ibr.png

I wish I could put the B-sides in general albums like that but then my OCD gets to me.  :toofunny:

And y'all I wouldn't judge the album yet or anything.. we don't even know if this is the final mix. And of course it's going to sound 100x better in good quality.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I wish I could put the B-sides in general albums like that but then my OCD gets to me.  :toofunny:And y'all I wouldn't judge the album yet or anything.. we don't even know if this is the final mix. And of course it's going to sound 100x better in good quality.

I'm pretty OCD myself but the way I have itset up is super pleasing to me haha.

Also the album is super great. Is it weird that "Black Lake" doesn't feel 10 minutes long at all?? Also "Stonemilker" is a big standout. The production there is so excellent. Overall it's beyond amazing and I don't regret listening to the leak. I think the final will be slightly different and at the least better quality, and with the official cover attached it will be like a brand new experience anyway.

H0bDaqU.gif

I'm pretty OCD myself but the way I have itset up is super pleasing to me haha.

Also the album is super great. Is it weird that "Black Lake" doesn't feel 10 minutes long at all?? Also "Stonemilker" is a big standout. The production there is so excellent. Overall it's beyond amazing and I don't regret listening to the leak. I think the final will be slightly different and at the least better quality, and with the official cover attached it will be like a brand new experience anyway.

Ikr? The first time I listened to Black Lake it felt like 5  minutes or something. It least we still have the cover/packaging to look forward to. With m/m doing it, it least we know we'll get something cool.

I'm extremely happy with the album, but I really wish it hadn't leaked (unless they all end up being demos, but I doubt that).

Quicksand is the only one that I think sounds demo-y and sounds considerably lower quality than all the other song files. It kinda cuts off at the end, too.

14417469274.gif

Also, pretty proud of the way my collection is looking. 132 songs total. Can't wait to replace the cover on Vulnicura with the real one though.

9AX9ibr.png

Can you post your covers for the Vespertine & Debut B-Sides please?? :) Also what're the tracks in each B-side album??

You should put It's In Our Hands in the Vespertine B-Sides album! It's clearly from that era so I just group it with the others instead of a standalone single. :)

14417469274.gif

Can you post your covers for the Vespertine & Debut B-Sides please?? :) Also what're the tracks in each B-side album??

You should put It's In Our Hands in the Vespertine B-Sides album! It's clearly from that era so I just group it with the others instead of a standalone single. :)

Sure!

Here are the 2 covers:

1w23bMq.jpg

yr8jzBQ.gif

and here's all my b-sides + I threw in the unreleased just for the heck of it:

yqS4MGx.png

OhWTHEB.png

YmXdwWS.png

RHe5VcG.png

6Up7Xfk.png

23WbpmD.png

sAuEpCD.png

w2r3h6r.png

I might consider putting "It's In Our Hands" in the Vespertine b-sides... but idk everything else in the b-side albums are either true b-sides, demos, or bonus tracks (other than "The Comet Song"), so it might mess with me to screw that up haha.

H0bDaqU.gif

Neither The Comet Song or Nattura are b-sides, they were standalone singles from 2007/8/9 ish, if I remember correctly.

@@National Anthem can you send me some stuff? I don't have Heart & Bones, Odd Duck, or Undone. Also I'm kinda confused. Isn't Komio the same as Komid? Which was a bonus track on iTunes, therefore not a B-Side? & Btw, Atlantic & Play Dead are technically on Debut, they just weren't on the American release.

14417469274.gif

@@National Anthem can you send me some stuff? I don't have Heart & Bones, Odd Duck, or Undone. Also I'm kinda confused. Isn't Komio the same as Komid? Which was a bonus track on iTunes, therefore not a B-Side? & Btw, Atlantic & Play Dead are technically on Debut, they just weren't on the American release.

I have pretty much everything uploaded on dropbox if you'd like. Hearts & bones etc are all vespertine demos. And yeah I'm assuming Komio is a typo of Komid. Atlantic was the b-side to Human Behaviour and was on the Japanese release of Debut, and Play Dead was a for a soundtrack and was included on a reissue of Debut.

Neither The Comet Song or Nattura are b-sides, they were standalone singles from 2007/8/9 ish, if I remember correctly.

They were both released as Biophilia bonus tracks though and that's good enough for me haha. Like I said, not every song in the b-sides albums are true b-sides.

H0bDaqU.gif

Yeah of course!! PM me and I'll send you whatever you need :)

Yes, Komið, is probably what you have titled "Komid". "Komið" is the correct title. And yeah I made all bonus tracks b-sides as well. All the albums are in their standard form for me and I really like that idk. Same with "Play Dead" and "Atlantic". I mean heck all kinds of b-sides get shoved onto japanese editons of albums but were never really intended to be a part of the final tracklist.

H0bDaqU.gif

Shame that you think so.. which ones did you like?

Black lake, family and stone milker.

Her last couple albums have been very hit and miss also. Everything from Debut - Medulla was great, nowdays it's all a bit whatever really imo, but i always give her new stuff a listen when it comes out.