teethclick

Björk

tumblr_me0jjutOme1r99kb3o1_500.jpg

Post is incredible, such a step up from Debut and it holds some of my favorite Björk songs period. "Hyperballad" is an obvious standout in her discography and the more I digest that song the more I love it. My favorite track from Post may be "Isobel". I love the story it tells and the absolutely gorgeous instrumental that carries it along. I also love that it is part of a trilogy with "Human Behaviour" and "Bachelorette". "The Modern Things" has been a favorite of mine for a good while too just based on concept. I think it is a really unique and excellent song and I find myself often starting the album with this one. Even the deepest of cuts here are great like "Cover Me" which is sort of this hushed and eerie whisper and gives me similar feelings that "Weak Spot" by FKA twigs does, and "Headphones" which can be interpreted in a million ways but my favorite may just be that is a simple ode to music and its power. A perfect ending to a perfect album really.

H0bDaqU.gif

Umm... I'm trying to get into bjork but I'm not really sure where to look. I really like "Venus as A Boy" but when I tried listening to debut the first song just put me off completely. If I like Venus As A Boy is the rest of that album worth buying? If not could you name any other records by her that would fit more what I'm looking for?

Umm... I'm trying to get into bjork but I'm not really sure where to look. I really like "Venus as A Boy" but when I tried listening to debut the first song just put me off completely. If I like Venus As A Boy is the rest of that album worth buying? If not could you name any other records by her that would fit more what I'm looking for?

I recommend her sophomore record Post for you.

H0bDaqU.gif

Back to what we were doing, Post is actuallyyyyyy my least fave Bjork album! Hyperballad and IOSQ are great but the rest I'm like...Bjork sis who told you this was singing. She gets much better after this

I recommend her sophomore record Post for you.

Back to what we were doing, Post is actuallyyyyyy my least fave Bjork album! Hyperballad and IOSQ are great but the rest I'm like...Bjork sis who told you this was singing. She gets much better after this

19bnnjn5gdyigjpg.jpg

wtaf

19bnnjn5gdyigjpg.jpg

Lol ignore @@SitarHero, Post is universally recognized as one of (if not her actual) best records

H0bDaqU.gif

True, but I feel like if his entry point is "Venus As A Boy" Post might be an easier transition into the rest of her work.

P.S. Still waiting on your thoughts on Post boo

I'm putting it off because yours was so neatly made. :rip: I don't wanna do my review until I can find a good picture for a header and outdo yours. :toofunny: ❤️

14417469274.gif

I'm putting it off because yours was so neatly made. :rip: I don't wanna do my review until I can find a good picture for a header and outdo yours. :toofunny: ❤️

Lol omg :rip: Well I really just did that because I've kind of been initiating the shift between albums, but please, I dare you to outdo me :hooker:

H0bDaqU.gif

Post is definitely my favourite Bjork album. It's so bright and orange and 90s and I love it, and I own multiple copies of it. I love that it was recorded at Compass Point Studios as well. 

Army of Me- This is a great opener and a little overrated but good nontheless. I love the synthy stuff.

Hyperballad- Probably the best moment on the album is when Army of Me merges into Hyperballad. Hyperballad is such a good song and the remixes are really good as well.

The Modern Things- This is probably one of my favourites on the album. The little crackle during some parts is annoying though.

It's Oh So Quiet- I kind of hate this but it's a jam

Enjoy- This album needed more tricky/bjork production but I love this one as well. The live version on post live is lovely

You've Been Flirting Again- This song is nice but I don't really go out of my way to listen to it.. I feel it would've been better as like a short interlude or something

Isobel-This song is so nice and soaring and has the best b-sides from the whole era (Charlene and I Go Humble)

Possibly Maybe- this might be the best song on the album. However I heard the version without the machine sounds and it just wasn't as good and I hope nobody here has that version :giggle:

I Miss You - I love/hate this song. It's irritating at times and the b-side (karvel) makes me want to punch someone. The post live version w/ the jazzy part in the middle is cool though.

Cover Me- why they didn't keep the original version is beyond me but this version is still good.. not much happening though.

Headphones - falling asleep to this song is amazing. I love the minimal production

So in all I love this album, and I believe it was the first Bjork album I ever got. It's not as good as other albums of hers but it has a weird place in my heart or something because I always end up going back to this album.  :defeated:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived