M.I.A.

Azealia Banks

In my opinion, Desperado works miles better as an opener to BWET than Idle Delilah. Plus it's just a better song in general. There are quite a few songs on this record that I just find kinda disposable, & nude beach a-go go does NOT deserve to sit on the same record as 212. But damn when Azealia gets it right

:defeated:

In my opinion, Desperado works miles better as an opener to BWET than Idle Delilah. Plus it's just a better song in general. There are quite a few songs on this record that I just find kinda disposable, & nude beach a-go go does NOT deserve to sit on the same record as 212. But damn when Azealia gets it right

Nude beach is great <.<, its one of the worst tho, and yeah Desperado is better than Idle Delilah but ID is a good opener i think with that intro, and it goes well with gimme a chance

how....DARE YOU  :read:

Idle Delilah is the perfect opener especially on loop because MC's long outro into ID's long intro >>>

Also the subject matter, like procrastination and writer's block and just kinda celebrating that part of the writing process, is a cool way to open it.

Idk, for me it's just not the best opener, it's a good song (there isn't a bad song on the record, just some that are kind of jarring and don't really fit, or some that don't compare to the rest of the record) and imo ID has some of the best lyricism of the entire album, but Desperado just grabs the listener's attention much quicker and it has that jazzy intro with the radio DJ talking about Azealia's 'new record' which, idk, always made sense for me as an intro to the whole album.

Idk, for me it's just not the best opener, it's a good song (there isn't a bad song on the record, just some that are kind of jarring and don't really fit, or some that don't compare to the rest of the record) and imo ID has some of the best lyricism of the entire album, but Desperado just grabs the listener's attention much quicker and it has that jazzy intro with the radio DJ talking about Azealia's 'new record' which, idk, always made sense for me as an intro to the whole album.

yeah it would have been good too

Chasing Time Remix Contest Results
Being announced now at http://azealiabanks.com/remix/

Top 3 gets:
  • 10 tickets to a show and 2 backstage passes for 3rd place
  • A day in studio with pretty AB for 2nd place
  • 10k in cash and feature on official release for the win

5th place: smooth jass remix by Eyad Madani

Thread will be updated as more winners will be announced cool.gif