M.I.A.

Azealia Banks

oh shit yeah, please enlighten me on REAL music. Im so mainstream  :(  Nah I saw hype for her, she's fucking trash honestly. Can't stand her face

It's not about being mainstream or not, she actually has singing talent, writing talent and is an amazing guitarist.

well if she doesn't call us white trash I will feel very offended tbh, being called white trash by Azealia is the equivalent of baptism in modern hip hop/rap 

: :deadbanana:

Andrew you from all people know that a Grammy isn't at any means equal talent. Let's not pretend she didn't got her first Grammy this year after 1000 albums after signing with Republic Records aka Universal...let's not pretend.

4 albums actually, and let's not pretend Lana didn't basically go through the same thing for a billion years until her Video Games flop that made her mainstream :air:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

It's not about being mainstream or not, she actually has singing talent, writing talent and is an amazing guitarist.

: :deadbanana:

4 albums actually, and let's not pretend Lana didn't basically go through the same thing for a billion years until her Video Games flop that made her mainstream :air:

Mainstream, downstream or little stream no one is going to convince me this is good music or her voice is close to decent. She's annoying and @@naachoboy is right she's werid lol and not in a good way. Plus she ain't much talented so compare her with Lana is very unfair when Lana has over great 200 leaks, even Lana's bathroom demos are better than this mess

You are trying to convince yourself that this noise is music

glgcDdT.gif

Mainstream, downstream or little stream no one is going to convince me this is good music or her voice is close to decent. She's annoying and @@naachoboy is right she's werid lol and not in a good way. Plus she ain't much talented so compare her with Lana is very unfair when Lana has over great 200 leaks, even Lana's bathroom demos are better than this mess

You are trying to convince yourself that this noise is music

Not you trying to come for her on her most commercial track. Lana is a good singer songwriter but she has no musical talent apart from Sirens era while Annie co-produces/produces and writes all of her songs while working off of indie labels. Lana could never, and would never be able to outdo her on creativity either.

But let me stop derailing the thread, you're entitled to your opinion of an artist (without mocking their appearance). Azealia is the topic and I can't wait for her to announce a tour date far enough away from me to angrily tweet her. :toofunny:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

lets not instruments arent the only thing that matters. 

Combined with unique lyricism that doesn't rehash the same themes for 10+ years, I'd say Annie has the upper hand. Lana may be entertaining and stuff, but in my opinion she's far from a perfect artist. You can't even use the "Lana has 200+ unreleased" argument because it isn't valid. If you really want to debate more points about Lana's talent level then feel free to PM me or something, I'm not gonna derail an Azealia Banks thread for this. :toofunny: :toofunny:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Combined with unique lyricism that doesn't rehash the same themes for 10+ years, I'd say Annie has the upper hand. Lana may be entertaining and stuff, but in my opinion she's far from a perfect artist. You can't even use the "Lana has 200+ unreleased" argument because it isn't valid. If you really want to debate more points about Lana's talent level then feel free to PM me or something, I'm not gonna derail an Azealia Banks thread for this. :toofunny: :toofunny:

oh no i wasnt defending lana at all 

Does Lana play any instruments on any of her other records? Annie is a multi-instrumentalist..... :creep:

Here is a video of her showcasing her guitar skills that my little brother who's 17 year old called "soooo basicccc". This women shouldnt  say she was at Barkley... she has very basic music knowledge it's kind of embarrassing saying you study music and end knowing just this. Not gonna mention on her looks because that would be mean, but can I mention on her SAT vocabulary which she doesn't use in a proper manner? Lana is a superior artist in every manner, at least from my point of view. The few 45k who bought her album think differently, music is taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE7R4nKBK8Y

glgcDdT.gif