M.I.A.

Azealia Banks

Honestly I really don't understand why she bothers over Iggy. Iggy's annoying and a total racist, I agree. But I mean if you look at the sorta stuff AB has said in the past on twitter about Jews, and other discouraging posts she's no angel herself.

I get why the fake accent would offend her, I get why the "runaway slave master" comment offended her, but Iggy's harmless bubble gum pop. She'll be irrelevant faster than you can say sophmore record.

Why can't white people rap though?

Hip Hop will always be rooted in black culture, but as it's becoming more of a commercial genre of course there are some white rappers out there today.

The blues/Jazz originates in black culture, AB has no problem with Lana Del Rey borrowing from those genres.

I agree with AB on a lot of issues. Iggy just never really seemed like an issue to me. She's more a nuissance and AB shouldn't be wasting her time on her.

Honestly I really don't understand why she bothers over Iggy. Iggy's annoying and a total racist, I agree. But I mean if you look at the sorta stuff AB has said in the past on twitter about Jews, and other discouraging posts she's no angel herself.

I get why the fake accent would offend her, I get why the "runaway slave master" comment offended her, but Iggy's harmless bubble gum pop. She'll be irrelevant faster than you can say sophmore record.

Why can't white people rap though?

Hip Hop will always be rooted in black culture, but as it's becoming more of a commercial genre of course there are some white rappers out there today.

The blues/Jazz originates in black culture, AB has no problem with Lana Del Rey borrowing from those genres.

I agree with AB on a lot of issues. Iggy just never really seemed like an issue to me. She's more a nuissance and AB shouldn't be wasting her time on her.

when did she talk about Iggy?  :defeated:  since the hot 97 interview 

Iggy is a problem in the industry, because she's a wack ass rapper, getting recognition over better rappers. She's up there now cause she's white and people can relate. Not the rap community, the pop shitty fans. She got nominations over her wack album for being successful and popular not because she's the best female rapper. She was named the new face of female rap, plenty of times before anyone attacked her.  Shes BAD, period. 

I was talking about that channel 4 interview, she didn't name Iggy specifically but that was who she was talking about.

Iggy's music sucks. But she's no threat. We still have plenty of great rappers out there, Iggy isn't gonna stand out ten years from now. But Kendrick? Kanye? EMINEM?

(Don't like that guy but his influence is undeniable...and he's white)

It's annoying that people like Iggy get so much undeserved attention, but there are plenty of black rappers who are equally succesful and will be for much longer.

AB is only prolonging Iggy's relevance with these comments.

I was talking about that channel 4 interview, she didn't name Iggy specifically but that was who she was talking about.

Iggy's music sucks. But she's no threat. We still have plenty of great rappers out there, Iggy isn't gonna stand out ten years from now. But Kendrick? Kanye? EMINEM?

It's annoying that people like Iggy get so much undeserved attention, but there are plenty of black rappers who are equally succesful and will be for much longer.

The interviewer brought up Iggy I think, but she was saying after all the times black people have been excluded or denied for their creations for centuries now it's praised (jazz, rock, rap) and is acceptable if they put a white face on it to make it "nonthreatening", "safe" and "fun". It's always been seen as better having an Vanilla Ice/Eminem dating your daughter over any black rapper. Iggy became famous because she can use rap in the simplest form (that literal children could master within seconds) over actual ARTISTS. Azealia is apparently a lot more intelligent, artistic and dynamic than the Voldemort of the rap industry, but as long as people want garbage, that's what they'll get.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I seriously doubt any mother would want their daughter dating Eminem.

I know why people dislike Iggy. Her music is awful. Does that make it right for AB to say white people are not allowed to rap?

I didn't take it as that, it was more of "you guys have been trying to remove stuff we created with a cheap carbon copy, and want the credit for it". She's saying if you aren't attempting to embody the genre you're supposedly trying to create, why even try?

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Did anyone order Bwet on Amazon?

Is it at any music stores or Best Buy? It's supposedlyphysically released now right?

It's not supposed, people have it. There's lots of pictures of it

BzhmW.png

I saw this interview, it's odd as usual.

glgcDdT.gif

yeah i saw it too, but its weird cause the shit was 40 mins and they only aired 3 mins, and like then post online 7 min of the same things that aired lol 

Yeah, that's part of why and what I find odd. I would say she failed in her delivery once again but since all we have is 8 min , how can I know if she didn't evolve her thoughts in a more proper manner?

glgcDdT.gif

so where is ice princess video :)  :flop:

I dont know, it was filmed like 4 weeks ago or so, probably next month, even May. Since she works with directors that arent that big they take more time to do things. We are supposedly getting Wallace but...