Sitar

Lorde

The xx

ok... That's one of my favorite albums and I like the cover so you got me there in a way... But that cover is iconic now... It's a symbol, and it's not really the same as just a black background with white text that says the the album title... It works for them, and their music is also much more minimal than her's, and they are a band, and like I said it's a symbol.

Also her previous EPs have had actual cover art so this just seems lazy coming from her. She seems more like the type to use a picture of herself for the cover or SOME kind of art. I guess at this point it's time to assume y'all aren't joking and her cover really IS that basic though...

Like again, using a symbol is minimalist in the right way. It wouldn't have worked as well if the xx's album cover was a black background with white text that literally said "the xx - xx"

ok... That's one of my favorite albums and I like the cover so you got me there in a way... But that cover is iconic now... It's a symbol, and it's not really the same as just a black background with white text that says the the album title... It works for them, and their music is also much more minimal than her's, and they are a band, and like I said it's a symbol.

Also her previous EPs have had actual cover art so this just seems lazy coming from her. She seems more like the type to use a picture of herself for the cover or SOME kind of art. I guess at this point it's time to assume y'all aren't joking and her cover really IS that basic though...

Like again, using a symbol is minimalist in the right way. It wouldn't have worked as well if the xx's album cover was a black background with white text that literally said "the xx - xx"

None of us are sure if its the real cover. I don't think it is. At least I'm really hoping its not.

H0bDaqU.gif

thanks for this thread !! you just made me aware of Lorde !!!! I loooooveeeee her !!!

so can you please make a list of all songs she has released so far.... :party: :party: :party: :party:

Yes! :)

The Love Club - EP

1. Bravado

2. Royals

3. Million Dollar Bills

4. The Love Club

5. Biting Down

Tennis Court - Single

1. Tennis Court

2. Swingin' Party

Other/Covers/Rarities

Mama Do (Pixie Lott cover)

Use Somebody (Kings of Leon cover)

And They Were Masked (Piece of Mind feat. Lorde)

H0bDaqU.gif

Yes! :)

The Love Club - EP

1. Bravado

2. Royals

3. Royals

4. The Love Club

5. Biting Down

Tennis Court - Single

1. Tennis Court

2. Swingin' Party

Other/Covers/Rarities

Mama Do

Use Somebody

And They Were Masked

thank you so much !

I think I have to replace one Royals on The Love Club EP with Million Dollar Bill, right ;)?

and there are no more songs on the internet  :$?

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

thank you so much !

I think I have to replace one Royals on The Love Club EP with Million Dollar Bill, right ;)?

and there are no more songs on the internet  :$?

Oops sorry, yes you're right, let me fix that :flop:

And the only other things I know of are a handful remixes, a "Live At Speldour" EP which was posted a page or two back, and "Ribs" which she performed on a radio show I believe? I could be wrong on that one.. It sounds nearly official though and it slaysss

H0bDaqU.gif

Oops sorry, yes you're right, let me fix that :flop:

And the only other things I know of are a handful remixes, a "Live At Speldour" EP which was posted a page or two back, and "Ribs" which she performed on a radio show I believe? I could be wrong on that one.. It sounds nearly official though and it slaysss

ok thank you so much sweetie  :kiss:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

I'm not sure if you're joking or not... All I see is a black background with white letters that say "Lorde - Pure Heroine"... That's not the real album artwork.. There's no way.

As well as SuichiArmy put it below me, why not?? It just seems to make a grand statement to me. It's eerie, minimalistic, powerful. It's perfect. 

Why not? I mean, it's as minimalistic as lush as her.

:mariah:

She's only put out 2 EPs and is basically at the start of her career. I don't understand how you can already have some kind of prediction/assumption of her standards of cover art??

14417469274.gif

Okay. I absolutely love "Tennis Court" and also "Swingin Party." I listened to both of them late at night yesterday. Overall I am pretty much impatient when it comes to music videos and I don't enjoy watching them, but something about the "Tennis Court" music video tantalized me, it's awesome. I love the lightning work and how it matches with the "yeah." She got me with this song.

I will buy both tracks on iTunes so I'll finish my Lorde "collection." Thank you, @@SitarHero and @@National Anthem for giving me advice! I hope I'll spend more time in this thread with all of you.

And question to the already-super-fans: Does she have leaked songs, demos and stuff like that? Are all of her covers like @@National Anthem mentioned just live or were they studio/live studio? I looked on Last.fm and it doesn't seem like she has a lot of songs out there.

so i did this lol

I2wesSf.jpg

Ooh this looks nice! If the Pure Heroine artwork is real (I genuinely don't think it is but it doesn't really matter to me) then I'll want to use an embellished version like this :flutter:

Okay. I absolutely love "Tennis Court" and also "Swingin Party." I listened to both of them late at night yesterday. Overall I am pretty much impatient when it comes to music videos and I don't enjoy watching them, but something about the "Tennis Court" music video tantalized me, it's awesome. I love the lightning work and how it matches with the "yeah." She got me with this song.

I will buy both tracks on iTunes so I'll finish my Lorde "collection." Thank you, @@SitarHero and @@National Anthem for giving me advice! I hope I'll spend more time in this thread with all of you.

And question to the already-super-fans: Does she have leaked songs, demos and stuff like that? Are all of her covers like @@National Anthem mentioned just live or were they studio/live studio? I looked on Last.fm and it doesn't seem like she has a lot of songs out there.

Yay! Knew Tennis Court would do it for you, and luckily that song seems to reflect more on what her album will sound like based on live performances. From what I can tell it'll be pretty mature with a fair share of serious content.

She hasn't had any technical leaks so far. The covers were available on the internet and Piece of Mind is an uncredited feature on a friend's band's album, openly available on bandcamp (I got the original file rather than a rip for my masterzip for the sake of providing the very best). We know she's been making recording attempts since she was 12 but nothing has surfaced.

So I tested what The Love Club EP will sound like without Royals because that's how I'll have to get used to listening to it and it's weeeeird. Tennis Court single is easier because I can just make Swingin' Party a stand-alone single and use @@Bad Kid's gr888888 SP artwork.

I'm working on building one right now, I plan on starting a fansite for her soon!

I'm obviously obsessed and would be happy to help if you need assistance :point:

So I tested what The Love Club EP will sound like without Royals because that's how I'll have to get used to listening to it and it's weeeeird. Tennis Court single is easier because I can just make Swingin' Party a stand-alone single and use @@Bad Kid's gr888888 SP artwork.

Had you thought about leaving Royals and Tennis Court where they are now and just having Pure Heroine as an 8 track album? That's what I was planning on doing...

And can I please see this Swingin' Party artwork that you speak of? ;)

H0bDaqU.gif

Yay! Knew Tennis Court would do it for you, and luckily that song seems to reflect more on what her album will sound like based on live performances. From what I can tell it'll be pretty mature with a fair share of serious content.

She hasn't had any technical leaks so far. The covers were available on the internet and Piece of Mind is an uncredited feature on a friend's band's album, openly available on bandcamp (I got the original file rather than a rip for my masterzip for the sake of providing the very best). We know she's been making recording attempts since she was 12 but nothing has surfaced.

So the three covers she has online are in studio? And most importantly, are they high quality? :flutter:

@ Yaaaaaas! :woot: I'm so glad you can officially join our little club now!

Thank you so much! :flutter: :creep:

By the way, I am putting "Royals" and "Tennis Court" under the album already and then I have "Swingin Party" under the "Tennis Court" single as b-side. Oh, looking so great. :flutter:

@ Yaaaaaas! :woot: I'm so glad you can officially join our little club now!

*Side note - can we please call our fan base "The Love Club", I just thought of this :creep:

Lil Apostles! :read: No but I think she's adamantly said that she doesn't want a fan name. So I say Apostles as a joke :creep:

Had you thought about leaving Royals and Tennis Court where they are now and just having Pure Heroine as an 8 track album? That's what I was planning on doing...

And can I please see this Swingin' Party artwork that you speak of? ;)

What :ahhney: I couldn't possibly. I have this thing where I need uniformity in the way I organize all collections in my library (I spent a good day changing every unreleased batch by different artists to "volumes" after I decided to go with it for Sky), and so if I were to do this I'd need to keep all songs in their originals EPs. For example, this would make True Romance seven tracks :eek:

But this artwork right hurr: http://noahscovers.tumblr.com/post/57229817373/lorde-swingin-party

So the three covers she has online are in studio? And most importantly, are they high quality? :flutter:

*Two covers, "Mama Do" and "Use Somebody", and I'm afraid they're kinda "live in studio" radio rips. Third rarity "Piece of Mind", however, is original, HQ, and fully produced.