Sitar

Lorde

Already posted this on Chance's blog entry, but I'll drop it here too:

Tennis Court - 10/10

A perfect track quite honesty. Not joking, I feel like I've walked around my house singing this non-stop since mid-June. It's production is so sharp and I loveee the sound in the first second of the song. Made me a huge fan.

400 Lux - 10/10

This was my most anticipated track off the album, and upon first listen it fell flat for me. But just a mere few listens later, it's one of my favorites and I'm not sure what I was missing before. I think the really odd synths used in the chorus threw me off at first, and to be critical, I still think a better sound could have been placed there, but it has completely grown on me and this whole song, especially vocally, is fantastic.

Royals - 9/10

I really like Royals. It's my second favorite on TLC EP after the title track, and it deserves the success it's getting in my opinion. Sometimes while listening to it or thinking about it though, I feel like its popularity is kind of like the Cup Song earlier this year where a cute simple song by a female vocalist got huge, seemingly overnight. And every pre teen girl sang it constantly. And I despise the Cup Song. So hopefully Royals doesn't begin to annoy me in that way.

Ribs - 10/10

This song ughhhh. This song is so powerful and full of emotion. I honestly feel like crying sometimes while listening to it. The theme of growing old being scary is super relatable to me. I love the subtle ahhhs throughout the track.

Buzzcut Season - 10/10

My favorite on the album. Like "Ribs", this is so full of emotion and gives me chills still. The production almost has a nostalgic feel when I hear it. The chorus just kills me every time, so beautiful.

Team - 9/10

A great track, but compared to some of the masterpieces on this album, it's a bit generic. Now granted, I love generic and this song is obviously meant to be in that direction, hence why it's a single, but it's a fun song to me rather than something that really makes me think or feel a lot. Still an A+ pop song.

Glory and Gore - 8/10

The chorus kind of ruins this song for me a bit. The "OH OH"s just don't sit right with me for some reason. It's growing on me more with each listen still though, and I will say the verses are great and the frisking bridge is suchhh perfection.

Still Sane - 7/10

Like many, this is my east favorite on the album. Lorde's vocals here irritate me a bit and sound kind of whiney. The line "I'm little but I'm comin' for ya.." really sounds cheesy to me. In fact, the lyrics make sense to me, bu just don't do it for me. It's still Lorde though, I like it.

White Teeth Teens - 8.5/10

I'm not all over the instrumentation here, but the last minute or so of the song saves it for me. I dont like the weird pauses between lines (see opening "We wouldn't be seen dead here in the day....... *WONK type instrumentation I don't like with awkward tambourine* "

A World Alone - 8/10

I find myself getting bored with this track, and it's too long in my opinion. The bridge is also vocally weak in my opinion. The chorus is cute though. I can definitely see the "anthemic" type feel people talk of. Let 'em talk.

H0bDaqU.gif

Help I need to know the italicized font she uses at the beginning of this and the Royals video :crying5:

brought to you by McDonald's :lmao:

OMG @ lissie promo before the video started

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey