Sitar

Lorde

NEW UNDERWATER CLIPS OF LORDE

from her Vevo Lift video:

tumblr_muezypeM121sk9772o3_500.gif

tumblr_muezypeM121sk9772o2_500.gif

tumblr_muezypeM121sk9772o1_500.gif

watch here

I thought she was filming these clips for the next music video. Do you think that is the case, and they just used some for this too? It seems like too much trouble to film all of that for just this Vevo lift clip.

(gifs from http://lordehighness.tumblr.com)

2dt29zc.jpg

NEW UNDERWATER CLIPS OF LORDE

from her Vevo Lift video:

tumblr_muezypeM121sk9772o3_500.gif

tumblr_muezypeM121sk9772o2_500.gif

tumblr_muezypeM121sk9772o1_500.gif

watch here

I thought she was filming these clips for the next music video. Do you think that is the case, and they just used some for this too? It seems like too much trouble to film all of that for just this Vevo lift clip.

(gifs from http://lordehighness.tumblr.com)

Oh my god SO MUCH DEJA VU FROM THAT. I want a new video for Team or Ribs of Buzzcut Season or something.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

I dont know what happened... I listened to Team and liked it, then 400 lux and loved it, and now even Royals has grown on me, like 5 months later... I don't understand... I think I like this bitch... I just downloaded her whole album so I can put it on my phone after listening to it on spotify for a few days.

Originally I only liked Tennis Court. This album is good though and ugh I dont want to like her but I do. Maybe I like the producer more than her herself though...

I dont know what happened... I listened to Team and liked it, then 400 lux and loved it, and now even Royals has grown on me, like 5 months later... I don't understand... I think I like this bitch... I just downloaded her whole album so I can put it on my phone after listening to it on spotify for a few days.

Originally I only liked Tennis Court. This album is good though and ugh I dont want to like her but I do. Maybe I like the producer more than her herself though...

Make those excuses as you are overcome by her power :lordejesus:

I love that I saved a lot of money preordering the physical copy of the album early on amazon.de!  :creep: I've been looking around to find The Love Club on CD, too, featuring "Swingin Party" instead of "Royals," but this version seem to be exclusive to the US iTunes Store only.  :deadbanana: Too bad, I don't really want to buy the same track twice or three times on different formats... this means, if I decide to buy The Love Club, I actually paid for "Royals" three times. I'm all for supporting her, but... I'm a broke student, what can I say? 

'White Teeth Teens' has got to be the one. Love the change in her voice for that one.

Loving this review of her album: http://www.clashmusic.com/reviews/lorde-pure-heroine

I like the bit about 'Team' and 'Glory and Gore' being a two part saga.

References a good piece on Guardian about women in music: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/07/miley-cyrus-music-business-women-sinead-oconnor

^ LORDE IS THE ANSWER ^

post-3299-0-64576600-1381591220_thumb.jpg

Can someone post an explanation of each track on Pure Heroine cause it's kind of complicated

"Well Tennis Court is about being a teenager while doing sports and all the stereotypes and u know... Then this one is about being a teenager and feelings... this one is about me and my friends living in small cities... this one is about me and my friends eating ribs, then this one is about being a teenager and getting fame... and this one's about me and my friends going to cheap dentists and rich people going to better ones" 1560092427.gif

"Well Tennis Court is about being a teenager while doing sports and all the stereotypes and u know... Then this one is about being a teenager and feelings... this one is about me and my friends living in small cities... this one is about me and my friends eating ribs, then this one is about being a teenager and getting fame... and this one's about me and my friends going to cheap dentists and rich people going to better ones" 1560092427.gif

You don't just reword a SitarHero Original.

Can someone post an explanation of each track on Pure Heroine cause it's kind of complicated

Okay let me have a non-jokey crack at this:

1. Tennis Court - I don't know if it's the same in other countries, but disenchanted youth seems pretty similar in New Zealand and very small-town America. Here, the tennis court is that hangout place. Ours was across the street from the high school so people would go there to smoke weed at lunch and stuff. Now I can't say the same for Lorde, but it doesn't seem like she's talking about the sport. It's kind of budding fame from a teen's perspective, witnessing her world become so much larger than her boring town and hanging out at the tennis court (I'll see the veins of my city like they do in space.)

2. 400 Lux - This song is very nighttime, it seems like she's being rebellious and sneaking out at night to meet with her crush. You know as a sneaky teen on a school night, all you can really do is drive around and talk. You can kind of imagine her driving through those weird developing suburbs "where the houses don't change" and stopping for orange juice. Teen love.

3. Royals - I mean she's explained this one plenty of times--teens attach themselves to images of luxury in their music but are incapable of living it.

4. Ribs - Other than the obvious lines "it feels so scary, getting old", this kind of captures that anxiety of growing up--but a teen growing slightly older, where you're feeling less like an infinite Peter Pan, as opposed to actually growing older. It kind of culminates in her almost begging for her innocence back--"it's not enough to feel the lack" and try to recapture it because she already has this pseudo-adult awareness. In the end, she finds child-like comfort in a really good friend or romance--"sharing beds like little kids." It doesn't necessarily have the sexual connotation, you see, if she were talking about a boyfriend.

5. Buzzcut Season - This one's a little more abstract? But it seems to be some kind of comment on the media and, similar to "Ribs", a personal realization. I'd actually be interested in a discussion on these lyrics because I have a lot of disparate thoughts.

6. Team - An anthem to small-town teen life, invoking grand imagery like "Royals"--the same message tbh.

7. Glory and Gore - Part of me thinks this is a pretty exaggerated statement on, like, partying with her friends. Another part is very confused. I can't imagine her getting in a lot of fights but you can imagine everyone being drunk and thinking they're a badass. Gossip maybe? Or maybe I'm selling her short in thinking all of these songs are about ~teen life~

8. Still Sane - Kind of a promise to stay normal despite this huge fame affecting her life and friendships. At the same time, it expresses an excitement over all this acclaim. I'm little but I'm coming for the title held by everyone who's up.

9. White Teeth Teens - Reflection on an attempt to join some sort of clique but ultimately feeling out of place.

10. A World Alone - Now take everything I just said and put it one song. Recognition of newfound fame as seen in "Tennis Court" and "Still Sane"; the innocent, car-centric love story of "400 Lux"; the uniquely teen perspective of "Royals", "Glory and Gore", and "Team"; both triumphant loneliness and friendship as seen in "Ribs"; what appears to be a comment on media imo in "Buzzcut Season"; and "all my fake friends" recalls "White Teeth Teens". This being another reason why I harshly sideeye AWA haters.