Sitar

Lorde

http://picosong.com/7Cvz

i extended Perfect Places, now its a 5 minute song  :toofunny:   i didnt want it to end

THANK YOU

But I feel like there's this deeper meaning behind all of Lorde's new songs being so short like we don't want it to end but it does and then we regret not fully enjoying the song just like how we regret not doing things in our youth it's all just AHH

blue eyes, and jazz, and attitude

wow perfect places sounds so modern and fresh. the buildup in the pre-chorus is amazing i feel so euphoric when i listen to it and the piano when she sings "But when we're dancing I'm alright

It's just another graceless night" :defeated:

it would've been flawless if it weren't for the chorus. sounds very generic, bland and forgettable overall in comparison to the verses and pre-chorus.  :crossed:

I don't listen to her that much, there's a few good ones on Pure Heroine but I find myself listening to her very rarely. Green Light has struck me enough that I actually have it stuck in my head from time to time and also commendably on repeat :flutter: Liability was okay and I've only listened Perfect Places once so far, thought it was fine too. Definitely looking forward to Melodrama with curiosity 

I was just listening to Jack's new album and am I the only one that thinks this song sounds exactly like Liability in the background? Like the chord progression?

King of recycling beats 

FzytWEW.png

hey, you! yeah you! if you're anything like me, you're probably wondering, "Why didn't Miss Ellegend Yelich-O'Connor sing the pre-chorus before the second chorus on her new song?" well, now there's a solution for that! if you click the link attached below, there is a version of "Perfect Places," the second official single off of Lorde's sophomore album Melodrama due out June 16th, that includes the pre-chorus before the second chorus. this version was made by yours truly. enjoy!

:creep: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9p_8HI59aSsU1JFN21LdGdoTXc/view?usp=sharing  :creep:

hey, you! yeah you! if you're anything like me, you're probably wondering, "Why didn't Miss Ellegend Yelich-O'Connor sing the pre-chorus before the second chorus on her new song?" well, now there's a solution for that! if you click the link attached below, there is a version of "Perfect Places," the second official single off of Lorde's sophomore album Melodrama due out June 16th, that includes the pre-chorus before the second chorus. this version was made by yours truly. enjoy!

:creep: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9p_8HI59aSsU1JFN21LdGdoTXc/view?usp=sharing  :creep:

YES! Thank you sis!

She's a genius. I can compare her to Björk.

Pure Heroine is very minimal, you dont have organic instruments like piano, only electronic instruments. The themes overall are adolescence, being drawn to school popularity and cliques, her love to her boyfriend and her friends. Basically, about being in your "own world" (but technically not alone, kinda being alienated and forgetting there's an outside world, reminds me Lord of The Flies), thinking everything is systematically made to fit in what society define as standard and you agree with that. The production is made by Joel Little and its very dark overall. The name of the album makes me think of some substance diluted to be less concentrated

Melodrama is very vivace. You got piano, string quartet, etc. The themes overall are being lonely, romantically and socially, discovering new places outside that "world" you used to live in, parties and how dangerous they are (because you're sorta escaping from yourself and from being alone, from your own thoughts), finding new people, being heartbroken. The production is made by Jack Antonoff and its very lightly. When she annouced the name "Melodrama" i thought it was because of the orchestration; the new sound would be very melodramatic, strings, piano, and etc. And I was kinda right

Is the same thing Björk did with Debut - Post. Overwhelming

When she said she wanted to work with other producer to make a new flavour to her new record, or something like that, I instantly remembered B

Halsey, catch the mutherfucking tea on that and make a good album!

you're literally such an angel!!!!!!!! !!! !!! :defeated: