Sitar

Lorde

tumblr_mjwvj7svUR1ql5yr7o4_250.gif

I don't think so, I wasn't letting that go, not with the Halsey thread you were frequenting dear

I'll be the first person to tell you HFK was an awful album, and I said it in that thread, so that's that on that. But what we're not gonna do is start scapegoating other awful albums to distract from the fact that Melodrama sounds like collection of great value brand Bright Eyes rejects mumbled over Bleachers increasingly generic and frankly boring production. I'm not going to sit here and be lied to about this album being an acceptable follow up to Pure Heroine. Maybe if she was Halsey releasing a shitty sophomore album would be acceptable, but she's not and she's proven she can do better than this and yet she still released this garbage.

tumblr_orlf4tOnM31uk8y5po1_250.gif

I thought this was gonna be shit but at least it's somewhat better than other albums released this year.

My fave ones are: Green Light, Sober, Homemade Dynamite,Liability, Supercut and Perfect Places. The others are kinda flat, tbh. 

I mean, some start really good but then they are tragic. Some doesn't start that good but have a good chorus. (for example, Sober II starts really good, has a great chorus but only half of that song is good. The other half is tragic, really)

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

This is an amazing album. One of the best pop albums of the decade and much better than Pure Heroine. My favorites are The Louvre, Sober II (Melodrama) and Writer In The Dark. Am I the only one who thinks that the harmonies in the chorus of Writer In The Dark sounds a lot like Kate Bush?

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Idk who said it sounds like 1989 by the Snake™ but I can't seem to let that go and everytime I listen to Supercut I wonder if it's an outtake of 1989

It was me and I am so sorry sis! I hear that snake too when I listen to Supercut and sometimes The Louvre

I'll be the first person to tell you HFK was an awful album, and I said it in that thread, so that's that on that. But what we're not gonna do is start scapegoating other awful albums to distract from the fact that Melodrama sounds like collection of great value brand Bright Eyes rejects mumbled over Bleachers increasingly generic and frankly boring production. I'm not going to sit here and be lied to about this album being an acceptable follow up to Pure Heroine. Maybe if she was Halsey releasing a shitty sophomore album would be acceptable, but she's not and she's proven she can do better than this and yet she still released this garbage.

tumblr_orlf4tOnM31uk8y5po1_250.gif

You lost me at Bright Eyes. Bih where.

Well I think you're the only one who doesn't think it matches Pure Heroine, by whatever arbitrary scale we're measuring that. I think her songwriting has become noticeably refined, if less "cool," and the production pleasantly surprised me on many songs after I'd already counted Jack Antonoff out. So maybe she just delivered an album you don't like :hooker:

Also: :lordejesus:

You lost me at Bright Eyes. Bih where.

Well I think you're the only one who doesn't think it matches Pure Heroine, by whatever arbitrary scale we're measuring that. I think her songwriting has become noticeably refined, if less "cool," and the production pleasantly surprised me on many songs after I'd already counted Jack Antonoff out. So maybe she just delivered an album you don't like :hooker:

Also: :lordejesus:

If you can't hear Conor Oberst in her writing style and vocal delivery, then you've never listened to Bright Eyes (also I'm pretty she constantly references him as an influence but I'm not even going to get into that).

Now I know being a Lorde stan or whatever my first post about not liking may have upset you, but I'm not the only one who has posted that they're disappointed by the album, so we're not going to try that angle either. But I will give you that you're right on one thing, she did deliver an album I don't like, and I'm still puzzled as to why thats upsetting you so much, that you keep trying to work these weird personal angles, instead of just disagreeing and moving on.

I'm waiting until tonight to listen I am so excited it's been 4 YEARS YOU ALL

Pure Heroine will always mean the world to me and I feel like I get Ella and she gets me. She's always writing about things that are relevant to me at the time.

Totally agree!! It's strange how it happened, but I just clicked so completely with Pure Heroine because it was just so relevant to my life? She's a unique artist, and I'm looking forward to finally being able to hear this album once I'm somewhere alone and can totally just absorb it all!  :flutter:

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Idk who said it sounds like 1989 by the Snake™ but I can't seem to let that go and everytime I listen to Supercut I wonder if it's an outtake of 1989

honestly, its VERY possible for that to be a reality. 

If we really look at the facts, Taylor and Jack have worked together. Jack has given Taylor demos before (Ex. : I Wish You Would, featured on 1989).

AND, Taylor and Ella are very good friends.

The connection between Taylor––Jack––Ella is real. 

I don't like to reach but honestly it makes sense.

honestly, its VERY possible for that to be a reality. 

If we really look at the facts, Taylor and Jack have worked together. Jack has given Taylor demos before (Ex. : I Wish You Would, featured on 1989).

AND, Taylor and Ella are very good friends.

The connection between Taylor––Jack––Ella is real. 

I don't like to reach but honestly it makes sense.

yes they love each other and are fans of each other's music. Let the homos here fume!