shelaughslikegod

Lykke Li

I just heard 5D cuz i found it on YouTube, the visual loop of the song left me stunned. Has anyone heard the whole album? How does it sounds like?

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.

27 minutes ago, Real Bad Girl said:

Are there any outtakes from the ssss and EYEYE sessions?

Several registered for SSSS (including a seeming Jaguars alt version called "Jaguars in the Snow") and about a dozen from the various Eyeye tracklists we saw over the last couple years (including "Not Sober", "Maybe It's Love", "I Must Not Waste Another Tear", "Double Rainbow", and "The Dream / Cocoon").

Can someone explain to me the whole loop thing? 

I didn't notice it will playing the album TWICE. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

8 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Reading all of y'all's comments now has me scared of listening to the album :ohno: 

It's not a bad album, is just an album that around 80% of it sounds very similar to each other and very similar to "Love Me Like I'm Not Made of Stone" 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

On 5/25/2022 at 6:11 AM, Glitter Boy said:

Reading all of y'all's comments now has me scared of listening to the album :ohno: 

I think it’s my favourite album of hers. I just can’t stop listening to it!

And it sounds like a mix of her entire discography, but in a good way, because it’s still really cohesive:

Carousel > Youth Novels

Over > Wounded Rhymes

No Hotel, YEGA, HTYH > I Never Learn

Happy Hurts, 5D, ü&i > so sad so sexy / still sad still sexy

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

highway to your heart my fav off of this...still nothing topping her magnum opus (love me like i'm not made of stone :makeup:)

also apparently she's officially retired after this album (according to some1 on atrl who was at a live listening of the album with lykke) 

On 5/24/2022 at 10:50 PM, Beauty King said:

Several registered for SSSS (including a seeming Jaguars alt version called "Jaguars in the Snow") and about a dozen from the various Eyeye tracklists we saw over the last couple years (including "Not Sober", "Maybe It's Love", "I Must Not Waste Another Tear", "Double Rainbow", and "The Dream / Cocoon").

I put together all of the snippets I found. Maybe It's Love and Eyelids sound like bangers :poordat:

20 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

her voice is not for me

Yet you can't seem to get enough as you've been coming back to this thread for years to hate on her. :shh:

6 minutes ago, sweetie said:

Yet you can't seem to get enough as you've been coming back to this thread for years to hate on her. :shh:

wait i've spread hate in here before? ndnsn

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

omw listening to EYEYE this weekend :fabcat:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

On 10/9/2020 at 6:27 PM, Terrence Loves Me said:

her albums before i never learn were just a noisy mess, her debut album was a snooze fest, then that seaside album was just noisy imo, then i never learn was kinda cute as it sounded more ethereal and pretty, then we have her magnum opus so sad so sexy, which was mediocre trap but it slapped, i said what i said

:eartha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 hours ago, 400lux said:

highway to your heart my fav off of this...still nothing topping her magnum opus (love me like i'm not made of stone :makeup:)

Highway to Your Heart is the only song I have been replaying from this album.

I love it so much. 

@Beauty King, so we have:

Cocoon (aka The Dream)

Double Rainbow

Eyelids (scrapped title track?)

Highway (HTYH demo?)

I Must Not Waste Another Tear (later reduced to Another Tear)

Maybe It's Love

Not in Love

Not Sober (OVER demo?)

The Movie

Tip Toe (real title?)

+ so many others

This album is too good to end with 8 tracks. :ohno:

well-so-im-done.gif