shelaughslikegod

Lykke Li

I've listened her three albums and they are incredible!!! My fave so far is Wounded Rhymes

same here! Youth Novels is ok, i like the lyrics but the production is too "quirky" and her voice too childish imo. INL is so dark but the only problem i have with it is that i can only really listen if im really depressed lol. Wounded Rhymes is a perfect blend of the two

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

While I really enjoy both Youth Novels and Wounded Rhymes, I think I Never Learn is by far her best work. Not only was the songwriting incredible, but the production was so beyond gorgeous. Listening to it for the first time when it came out, every song felt like one of those timeless power-ballads that you had listened to on AM radio in the car with your grandparents, they just sounded so familiar yet so incredibly powerful and grabbing. She also apparently produced a larger portion of the album this time rather than Bjorn Yittling doing most of the work. My only problem with the album was that it was so good but so short, I wanted more, I didn't want it to end

Can we talk about how perfect her covers are...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dodb-JXmWw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB1lOFjdHl4

And many more

Covers:

-Knocked Up (Kings of Leon)
-Hustlin' (Rick Ross)
-Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? (The Shirelles)
-Unchained Melody (Righteous Brothers)
-Velvet (Big Pink)
-Silver Springs (Fleetwood Mac)
-Silent Shout (The Knife)
-Millionaire (Lil Wayne)
-Power (Kanye West)
-Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa (Vampire Weekend)
-Can I Kick It? (A Tribe Called Quest)
-I'm On Fire (Bruce Springsteen)
-Tears On My Pillow (Little Anthony)
-Hold On, We're Going Home (Drake)
-Wicked Game (Chris Isaak)

Colllabs:
-El Perro Del Mar (Live) : Change of Heart
-Amanda Blank: Leaving You Behind
-N.A.S.A. (& Kanye West & Santigold) : Gifted
-Kleerup: Until We Bleed
-Miike Snow: Black Tin Box
-Röyksopp: Miss It So Much
-The Deportees: A New Name To Go By
-INGRID: Come Near
-David Lynch: I'm Waiting Here
-U2: The Troubles
-Emile Haynie (& Romy xx): Come Find Me
-Woodkid: Never Let You Down

ShuichiAmy, on 12 Apr 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

Can we talk about how perfect her covers are...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dodb-JXmWw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB1lOFjdHl4

And many more

Covers:

-Knocked Up (Kings of Leon)

-Hustlin' (Rick Ross)

-Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? (The Shirelles)

-Unchained Melody (Righteous Brothers)

-Velvet (Big Pink)

-Silver Springs (Fleetwood Mac)

-Silent Shout (The Knife)

-Millionaire (Lil Wayne)

-Power (Kanye West)

-Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa (Vampire Weekend)

-Can I Kick It? (A Tribe Called Quest)

-I'm On Fire (Bruce Springsteen)

-Tears On My Pillow (Little Anthony)

-Hold On, We're Going Home (Drake)

-Wicked Game (Chris Isaak)

Colllabs:

-El Perro Del Mar (Live) : Change of Heart

-Amanda Blank: Leaving You Behind

-N.A.S.A. (& Kanye West & Santigold) : Gifted

-Kleerup: Until We Bleed

-Miike Snow: Black Tin Box

-Röyksopp: Miss It So Much

-The Deportees: A New Name To Go By

-INGRID: Come Near

-David Lynch: I'm Waiting Here

-U2: The Troubles

-Emile Haynie (& Romy xx): Come Find Me

-Woodkid: Never Let You Down

Definitely has some great covers, Silver Spring and Velvet are probably two of her strongest, although that Wicked Games one was incredible and I hope she starts doing it more often. Also as much as I love I'm On Fire, from the videos I've seen her cover of it has been weak at best :/

Also the Lil Wayne cover is "A Milli" and theres After Laughter (Comes Tears) by Wendy Rene that was on that RSD 7" with El Perro Del Mar's cover on the other side

Definitely has some great covers, Silver Spring and Velvet are probably two of her strongest, although that Wicked Games one was incredible and I hope she starts doing it more often. Also as much as I love I'm On Fire, from the videos I've seen her cover of it has been weak at best :/

Also the Lil Wayne cover is "A Milli" and theres After Laughter (Comes Tears) by Wendy Rene that was on that RSD 7" with El Perro Del Mar's cover on the other side

The name typo, sorry :(

And the Perro Del Mar 7", I forgot to mention it, but that's another one I L O V E. I listen to them all the time, that's why I forgot it I think.

I've been trying to polish the best recordings I found for the covers I listed, and make a folder. If I finish and I remember, I might upload it for the guys who don't have them :)

I made an extended edit of NGLA (with the uncut intro).

WHY IS SHE SHARING THIS

I CANT GET HYPED YET WHEN I'M NEARLY SURE IT WILL BE 2017 BEFORE WE GET ANOTHER ALBUM

H0bDaqU.gif

WHY IS SHE SHARING THIS

I CANT GET HYPED YET WHEN I'M NEARLY SURE IT WILL BE 2017 BEFORE WE GET ANOTHER ALBUM

Please........dont get me stated, she got a pass on the 3 year wait for I Never Learn because the album was so fucking good but I swear to god if she tries to pull that shit again

I'd be hyped but I remember her saying she's taking some time off sooo  :defeated:

She said that awhile ago when she canceled her tour. I read a coachella interview talking about how she got into transcendental meditation and how re-invigorated she was. She also talked about how now that she got her "three albums out of the way that she wanted to make" she's been exploring all new styles of music and as already stated working on stuff

Please........dont get me stated, she got a pass on the 3 year wait for I Never Learn because the album was so fucking good but I swear to god if she tries to pull that shit again

There's always been three years between her albums though, right? 2008-2011-2014? So #4 would likely come in 2017

H0bDaqU.gif