shelaughslikegod

Lykke Li

Leaps and bounds better than Wait For Life, this track actually sounds FRESH

It's got the best from Emile, the best from Lykke, and the best from The XX... This song is fulminating me... Seriously, I never heard something so beautiful and perfectly done. Who shall I summon to this thread? Lykke Li is NOT receiving the deserved attention..

It's got the best from Emile, the best from Lykke, and the best from The XX... This song is fulminating me... Seriously, I never heard something so beautiful and perfectly done. Who shall I summon to this thread? Lykke Li is NOT receiving the deserved attention..

TBH she never does receive the attention she deserves...she's definitely one of the best singer-songwriters of this generation and it sucks so much that very little people know about her. She could smash the charts if she got the right promo.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

So far, all of the releases by Emilie haven't impressed me. I think the song is soothing, but that is all I can say about it. Perhaps when I'm in a better mood, I will let it captivate me. It's what I like to call background music. When I'm alone and the weather is perfect, I like to listen to these kinds of songs while I lounge around the house. Or imagine myself in an open field somewhere in the mountains.

I do think Lykke Li is underrated, but she has released three albums now and I don't think she will gain any more popularity than she has right now. A large part of her audience came from Youth Novels. It was the quirky, pop music that the indie community caught on to. Even Drake sampled Little Bit on one of his songs. And then she did Wounded Rhymes. It had a different sound, different lyrics, and a dark mood. Not to mention none of the songs were particularly catchy. It got better reviews, but it wasn't as commercially successful. A lot of people just weren't interested in it. I remember when Get Some and I Follow Rivers were released on Youtube and a lot of people in the comments were putting it down. However, I ended up loving it. No matter the mood I'm in, I will listen to the album all the way through. I just hope she continues to make the music the way she has (although, I have to admit that I Never Learn left me underwhelmed) without the labeling interfering. She stands out among other female pop artists. And she is distinct with her own unique sound, which I admire.

how is that she makes such incredible music all the fucking time....underrated queen of the millennia :poordat: 

is it me or does her voice sound different?? like its kinda lost that babylike quality and its way more clear & mature now. 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1