shelaughslikegod

Lykke Li

i dunno i kinda want something "happy" but idk if lykke is one of those artists who suits happy songs??? like wounded rhymes had happy-ish moments (Get Some, I Follow Rivers etc) and they worked well, but what made I Never Learn so successful was its sheer rawness and honesty. it's kinda similar to Lana, they both revel in singing about melodramatic relationships (although Lykke is less cinematic and more realistic than Lana).

that being said, i do NOT want a My Baby type song from lykke.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

i wonder how/if her music will change post motherhood. Bc I never learn was a great dark album, but I wouldn't expect something like that again

I don't think its going to be a happy album if thats what you're wondering. I'm the stuff she's posted still seems pretty depressing/dark, maybe less have than INL but still seems dark

tumblr_nyuurp9BsN1uk8y5po1_400.jpgtumblr_nyuurp9BsN1uk8y5po2_400.jpgtumblr_nyuurp9BsN1uk8y5po3_540.jpg

I don't appreciate her as much as I should. Her music has been at the core of my existence for the past year and a half -- changed the way I perceived life. She's just something else, I can't explain it. :xcry:

Felt The Bleed lyrics:

I waive the heart, I waive the soul

Found the land where it can grow

There's an island in the rising

You are the hole in which I'm drowning

I wait, I wait, I wait in vain

I hope I find my way home