Manueldelrey

Your opinion on Lana and Oscar's/Golden Globe predictions.

Um, have you seen some of the past nominations for best original song? Many of them are terrible.

i just looked them up...wtf. well ok, maybe lana does have a chance

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

The real question is: even if she will be nominated, would she actually show up?

And even if she actually does show up, would she perform? :brows:

The real question is: even if she will be nominated, would she actually show up?

why wouldn't she?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Dicaprio is a great actor. I don't think he deserves an Oscar for Gatsby but he deserves an Oscar for all the other movies he didnt got one. Did you saw Gilbert Grape and The Aviator?

Yes omg I love Gilbert Grape he was so young there he should of at least got one for that performance. Aviator I didn't see but I've seen Shutter Island and Inception imo he was really good. Only thing is I feel like he's always the guy who's anticipating something big or idk he needs more variety. He should do a remake of Broke back mountain or something  :hooker:

god knows I tried

She was invited for last year's grammies but she skipped it

she wasn't nominated though and the grammys lost their credibility once and for all when psy and carly rae jepsen were nominated

She's eligible as long as the song hasn't been released prior to the film. The snippet we heard was a work in progress, so I believe it doesn't count (she's still eligible for a Golden Globe at least; Taylor Swift's Safe and Sound was a work in progress before she was approached to do the soundtrack, but she did however not sing a snippet on radio and I think she only mentioned this after the awards, but did Lana say specifically that it was written for Paradise? I seem to recall that she said it was something she was working on.)

2011 Oscar's rules: (ctrl+f "original song", second result)

"Original Song:
An original song consists of words and music, both of which are original and written specifically for 
the motion picture. There must be a clearly audible, intelligible, substantive rendition (not 
necessarily visually presented) of both lyric and melody, used in the body of the motion picture or as 
the first music cue in the end credits. "

I think there's quite a big chance she'll get an Oscar for this, and maybe a Golden Globe and a Grammy too (but then I thought she'd got nominated for a Grammy this year). I wonder if this is why they played her song so often in the film and why Luhrmann said it was written specifically for Gatsby...

Why are people being so negative about Y&B being able to win an Oscar's? It's a great song, with a great sense etc etc etc etc. Just because it's one of the songs that made Lana mainstream, or whatever you want to call it, it doesn't make it a bad song. The song, in my opinion, is immaculate and worthy of an Oscar. Lana herself is worthy of an Oscar, just for being so damn impeccable.

Why are people being so negative about Y&B being able to win an Oscar's? It's a great song, with a great sense etc etc etc etc. Just because it's one of the songs that made Lana mainstream, or whatever you want to call it, it doesn't make it a bad song. The song, in my opinion, is immaculate and worthy of an Oscar. Lana herself is worthy of an Oscar, just for being so damn impeccable.

It's because she's re-using old themes/phrases (diamonds, bel air), it's autotuned, "He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds" is cringey and the chorus is cheesy as fuck.

I love it though  :creep:

I think both Lana and Luhrman are hoping for it to be, and I am too. A lot of people are saying it's a sub-par Lana song and I just really disagree with that. I think it's simply stunning and who knows, it might be nominated for something. If she went ahead and won that Golden Globe or Oscar (or nominated, even) it would be a huge "fuck you" to the Grammys.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

the grammys lost their credibility once and for all when psy and carly rae jepsen were nominated

The Grammys lost their credibility in 1966. 

She's eligible as long as the song hasn't been released prior to the film. The snippet we heard was a work in progress, so I believe it doesn't count (she's still eligible for a Golden Globe at least; Taylor Swift's Safe and Sound was a work in progress before she was approached to do the soundtrack, but she did however not sing a snippet on radio and I think she only mentioned this after the awards, but did Lana say specifically that it was written for Paradise? I seem to recall that she said it was something she was working on.)

Ha, singing a bar of music during a radio interview is not relevant. That is not a "release" in any way, shape, or form. Don't sweat it on that front. However, if Y&B wins one of these awards i am going to bash my head into a table. And then cry. And then laugh.  I'm not sure in which order though. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

what happened in 66?

what happened in 66?

Since it's Monicker bitching about it, I'm gonna assume the Beatles must have got a bunch of awards or nominations and/or the Beach Boys got shafted. Am I right? :P

However, if Y&B wins one of these awards i am going to bash my head into a table. And then cry. And then laugh.  I'm not sure in which order though.

Are you bothered that what you consider to be a shitty song might win an award? Or that Lana might win such a shitty award? Seriously, you guys are making too big a deal of it. When you consider that this award is limited to commercial pop songs that premiere in a movie, it's not that great. I mean, look at the list of past winners. Most of the recent ones were main themes to Disney cartoons or that fucking Celine Dion song from Titanic. #BlameCanada

Though I'm here for "It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp":

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

what happened in 66?

Since it's Monicker bitching about it, I'm gonna assume the Beatles must have got a bunch of awards or nominations and/or the Beach Boys got shafted. Am I right? :P

apparently the beatles and beach boys were both nominated for best rock & roll recording and were both shafted