Beemo

Grimes

Art Angels is her best album though, so new listeners need to hear her peak first

Ew. The only good tracks on Art Angels are (in tracklist order) Flesh without Blood, Kill V. Maim, Realiti and World Princess Pt.II, also Venus Fly on a good (read: rare) day. The 10 others basically sound like filler tracks. Visions however is by far her magnum opus which she did in about three weeks and honestly as brutal/disrespectful as this sounds, I'd rather have her binging on pills and isolating herself from society again if something as good as Visions - or even better - would come out of it. I'd love if she went back to those dark synth-scapes but if she's going to keep the more mainstream friendly sound of Art Angels it should be something like Kill V. Maim which is an absolute banger and not a generic snoozefest. I thought the snippets she posted on Twitter were alright but she can do better. Also she hasn't been active on Twitter for almost a month so I guess changing her name to C and the Azealia mess have taken their toll, I hope she's doing okay and I hope she'd bless us with some good new tracks asap.

Ew. The only good tracks on Art Angels are (in tracklist order) Flesh without Blood, Kill V. Maim, Realiti and World Princess Pt.II, also Venus Fly on a good (read: rare) day. The 10 others basically sound like filler tracks. Visions however is by far her magnum opus which she did in about three weeks and honestly as brutal/disrespectful as this sounds, I'd rather have her binging on pills and isolating herself from society again if something as good as Visions - or even better - would come out of it. I'd love if she went back to those dark synth-scapes but if she's going to keep the more mainstream friendly sound of Art Angels it should be something like Kill V. Maim which is an absolute banger and not a generic snoozefest. I thought the snippets she posted on Twitter were alright but she can do better. Also she hasn't been active on Twitter for almost a month so I guess changing her name to C and the Azealia mess have taken their toll, I hope she's doing okay and I hope she'd bless us with some good new tracks asap.

No. Imagine thinking Venus Fly and World Princess II aren't annoying tracks. Also you completely forgot about Art Angels (the track), Butterfly and SCREAM - her REAL magnum opuses. Art Angels was the nerdy anime album we deserved. I hope her next album is similar. Visions was great too but it's still a little forgetful to me

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

No. Imagine thinking Venus Fly and World Princess II aren't annoying tracks. Also you completely forgot about Art Angels (the track), Butterfly and SCREAM - her REAL magnum opuses. Art Angels was the nerdy anime album we deserved. I hope her next album is similar. Visions was great too but it's still a little forgetful to me

Imagine thinking World Princess II is an annoying track, and thinking Butterfly and Scream are good, can’t relate, have taste.

The best off Art Angels are;

Flesh Without Blood

Kill v Maim

Easily

Pin

Life in a Vivid Dream

World Princess Part II

AND

California (MV version)

giphy.gif

'art angels' the song is my favourite rn. listening to it on the plane back from montreal was too much  :defeated: also i saw a bunch of her apple billboards there!

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I will not stand for this Butterfly slander. I remember I saw Grimes in concert a few years ago and it was my at-the-time sorta-bf's fave song on the album and we both were such huge fans, and I remember she started playing it and I'd never seen him smile like that in my life. It was like euphoria, all drenched in the neon stage lights while we danced. absolutely beautiful. :defeated: drag Butterfly ill drag you to hell. :crossed:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Art Angels is a great album. ♥️

Pin

Flesh Without Blood

Butterfly

Belly of the Beat

Kill v. Maim

Laughing & Not Being Normal

those are my faves in that order. the rest are either good/alright or really bad (Easily, California)

I think Visions is overall a better album, but I hate that it’s garageband

14417469274.gif

Art Angels as a whole is a cohesive masterpiece, truly like the country narrative in the lyrics (which we all know Grimes writes very lovely yet sinister lyrics)

I hated belly of the beat so much, but then when you read the lyrics and see it's intention, it blooms so nicely. The song is literally what she feels whenever she's in the middle of a live show and how she thinks everyone looks so beautiful.

Pin I think is about the death of her best friend in high school aka world princess part I

California is very cheeky and cute but the lyrics are so good, the video version highlights more what she's saying

Easily is basic but it feels very much like an acoustic version of a grimes song

Grimes became too real and too human on Art Angels, she went for lowkey psychedelic generic ish country bangers because of her hiatus for so long to kinda explain her narrative again.

Now she has so much promo in her hands, i'm glad she's focusing on the finishing the album, out of her entire career this feels like it needs to be very aggressive, fun, otherworldly and fusion grimes

:smokes: