♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

I feel like ever since artpop flopped she just gave up :noparty: During 2008-2013 her evolution was organic, she had her sound, vision and and the execution was good. It all just made sense. After ARTPOP she’s struggling with artistic identity, Cheek To Cheek - Joanne - A Star Is Born - Chromatica feels just so confusing (and most of them are straight up mediocre) :rip: Also she went from shock art to literally kindness punk soccer mum friendly in no time. How is this the same person? Most of Chromatica feels so tame and watered down compared to her peak years. She might be my biggest disappointment in pop world tbh

25 minutes ago, Kimi said:

I feel like ever since artpop flopped she just gave up :noparty: During 2008-2013 her evolution was organic, she had her sound, vision and and the execution was good. It all just made sense. After ARTPOP she’s struggling with artistic identity, Cheek To Cheek - Joanne - A Star Is Born - Chromatica feels just so confusing (and most of them are straight up mediocre) :rip: Also she went from shock art to literally kindness punk soccer mum friendly in no time. How is this the same person? Most of Chromatica feels so tame and watered down compared to her peak years. She might be my biggest disappointment in pop world tbh

yeah but to me Chromatica feels like a step into the right direction, a slow start towards the right thing ig. Maybe she wanted to not do anything too big or drastic and kinda make Chromatica like a smooth transition from a calmer lowkey era (joanne/being more the "lady" part of her name) back into pop and didnt wanna make a sudden switch back into the full gaga. But that kinda would be like the opposite of what old Gaga would have done, old Gaga would have seen this as the perfect chance to blow people away and suprise them with sudden dark, and "out of it" pop music that would make people talk. I feel like the way the Artpop era went down really affected her and itll take time for her to really go big like that again. Although some of the chromatica demos sound more like old gaga so bloodflop probably had something to do with the watering down. I mostly think she's scared to go through something like artpop again.

3 minutes ago, untilsunrise said:

yeah but to me Chromatica feels like a step into the right direction, a slow start towards the right thing ig. Maybe she wanted to not do anything too big or drastic and kinda make Chromatica like a smooth transition from a calmer lowkey era (joanne/being more the "lady" part of her name) back into pop and didnt wanna make a sudden switch back into the full gaga. But that kinda would be like the opposite of what old Gaga would have done, old Gaga would have seen this as the perfect chance to blow people away and suprise them with sudden dark, and "out of it" pop music that would make people talk. I feel like the way the Artpop era went down really affected her and itll take time for her to really go big like that again. Although some of the chromatica demos sound more like old gaga so bloodflop probably had something to do with the watering down. I mostly think she's scared to go through something like artpop again.

step into the right direction or just one time fluke, with her you never know. Since 2014 she’s jumping from one sound to another just like miley 

4 hours ago, Kimi said:

She’s such a political pawn and a total sellout now. It seems like she’s gearing up to retire. I remember all those interviews she done during art pop talking about not wanting to be a sell out (on why she pulled the fame perfume which in my opinion was actually a really well done celebrity perfume) now she’s got Oreos and an Amazon beauty brand... LOL. 

im not against celebrities making money off their own name but she literally is just a walking contradiction of everything she used to represent and why we all fell in love with her. It’s not even about age either. Madonna was in her hay day at Gaga’s age..Stefani seems like she’s getting her bag and going to retire soon. Sad lol 

17 minutes ago, princessdollie said:

Stefani seems like she’s getting her bag and going to retire soon.

i honestly don’t understand her anymore, that clip from yale feels so fake rn :rip: 5 years ago she was so fed up with being money making machine only to end up selling cookies, perfumes, make up, watches and god knows what else. Girl where is your integrity? Also it’s worthy noticing that Chromatica is her first album where she has no production credits which clearly indicates that she wasn’t as involved. 911 MV is the only thing that’s stopping me from unstanning, but if lg7 won’t deliver i won’t be waiting for lg8. She’s wasting her talent and i can’t stand it.

5 hours ago, Kimi said:

20 minutes ago, princessdollie said:

She’s such a political pawn and a total sellout now. It seems like she’s gearing up to retire. I remember all those interviews she done during art pop talking about not wanting to be a sell out (on why she pulled the fame perfume which in my opinion was actually a really well done celebrity perfume) now she’s got Oreos and an Amazon beauty brand... LOL. 

im not against celebrities making money off their own name but she literally is just a walking contradiction of everything she used to represent and why we all fell in love with her. It’s not even about age either. Madonna was in her hay day at Gaga’s age..Stefani seems like she’s getting her bag and going to retire soon. Sad lol 

i agree with u guys but at the same time i feel like we underestimate what went down in the artpop era. it's funny because i was actually rewatching different artrave shows and i think we all have this fantasised image of it but watching it back it was a literal mess. you can just tell gaga was tweaking on whatever shit she was on, and it just feels uncomfortable to watch. i think gaga's scared to go down that route again, maybe that makes her a sellout to some ppl and i cant argue w that bc i partially think the same. i also think gaga just wants to be a big-time actress and quit music altogether lol

4 hours ago, untilsunrise said:

The Artpop failure was kind of her own fault too tbh. She had all these plans for an app to be made to release outtakes that didn't make the album and that didn't happen, all this elaborate stuff and we have what we have. There was even talk of a second album being released and then she ditched that. 

Idk I was listening to some Artpop and BTW today and i really miss who Gaga used to be 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, partymonster said:

i agree with u guys but at the same time i feel like we underestimate what went down in the artpop era. it's funny because i was actually rewatching different artrave shows and i think we all have this fantasised image of it but watching it back it was a literal mess. you can just tell gaga was tweaking on whatever shit she was on, and it just feels uncomfortable to watch. i think gaga's scared to go down that route again, maybe that makes her a sellout to some ppl and i cant argue w that bc i partially think the same. i also think gaga just wants to be a big-time actress and quit music altogether lol

but who’s asking her to do drugs? all we want is some fucking integrity. practice what you preach. i actually think that artpop had many great concerts, roseland is my fav, artrave in paris was also great. But that’s besides the point. 

Just now, Kimi said:

but who’s asking her to do drugs? all we want is some fucking integrity. practice what you preach. i actually think that artpop had many great concerts, roseland is my fav, artrave in paris was also great. But that’s besides the point. 

girl the artpop era was messy af, drugs or no drugs. gaga knows what's best for her mentally & physically, and i don't think what u want is what's best. sure, she has no artistic integrity anymore, but move on and listen to allie x or sumn because the woman you saw at the artrave is not gaga anymore :toofunny:

3 minutes ago, partymonster said:

girl the artpop era was messy af, drugs or no drugs. gaga knows what's best for her mentally & physically, and i don't think what u want is what's best. sure, she has no artistic integrity anymore, but move on and listen to allie x or sumn because the woman you saw at the artrave is not gaga anymore :toofunny:

we will see, also you claiming that she knows what’s best for her feel oddly ironic. alexa play 911 

15 hours ago, Kimi said:

In a way I feel like Chromatica wasn't really Gaga's idea and artistic visions weren't really her this era. I think she wanted to keep making her Jazzy/A Star Is Born type of music but the label said no and made her put an album like this out to wave her back in with the general populations good graces like before when she used to have massive appeal. For example, alot of the wardrobe choices and artistic direction for this era's music videos (and this era in general) don't really scream GAGA to me. To me Gaga is now a robot and goes with what her team tell her what to do and wear. And don't even get me started with the political stuff..

R5sPD4M.jpg

6 minutes ago, LanaRayDelMar said:

In a way I feel like Chromatica wasn't really Gaga's idea and artistic visions weren't really her this era. I think she wanted to keep making her Jazzy/A Star Is Born type of music but the label said no and made her put an album like this out to wave her back in with the general populations good graces like before when she used to have massive appeal. For example, alot of the wardrobe choices and artistic direction for this era's music videos (and this era in general) don't really scream GAGA to me. To me Gaga is now a robot and goes with what her team tell her what to do and wear. And don't even get me started with the political stuff..

you are really dumb if you think this lol

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

i feel like she's definitely lost some of her artistic control, whether it's because she chose to let her team make decisions for her or because they are forcing her

i just find it INSANE to believe that someone like 2011 gaga would pick bloodpops generic ass beats over SOPHIE and boys noize... like i genuinely feel like bloodpop has brainwashed her into being solely reliant on him as a producer despite him being mediocore.. :(

Contrary to what all that has been said, the only Gaga I listen every now and then is Joanne and Chromatica. Also, I sometimes listen to The Fame Monster (but no Bad Romance) and a couple Born This Way songs (particularly the non-single tracks). I remember loving Artpop back in the day but now it feels like I'd need to be in such a mood to listen to it, same with The Fame. I remember Gaga being my first favourite singer ever, but after Artpop something changed. I think her old eras are not for me anymore, and I somehow prefer her more recent work, but it doesn't hit as hard as it used to do. I'm not going to come and talk about degradation in her work or artistry - it's just I don't connect with her as I used to. Feels like the more accurate way to say it in my case.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

44 minutes ago, Wanna Get Fucked Up said:

i feel like she's definitely lost some of her artistic control, whether it's because she chose to let her team make decisions for her or because they are forcing her

i just find it INSANE to believe that someone like 2011 gaga would pick bloodpops generic ass beats over SOPHIE and boys noize... like i genuinely feel like bloodpop has brainwashed her into being solely reliant on him as a producer despite him being mediocore.. :(

Bloodpop is not a bad producer (he did a nice job with Charli pop songs before) but Chromatica is way too bland imo. I was disappointed when it came out. Stupid Love was great, ROM was pop perfection (for a 2020 release) and 911 is one of my favs and thats it. The album lacks Gaga's iconic touch like we've seen in all her other albums (including CTC and ASIB), I dont know what happened... it was a let down to me. at least she served with the photoshoot, i just wish the songs would match the iconic level of the photoshoot like all the other albums did. She played safe and thats not bad. But I know a lot of fans were expecting more for a pop comeback and Chromatica was not it.

let alone the fact she's ''disappeared' for now in terms of promo etc. Has anyone tried the cookie btw? I wish i could buy it tho