♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

So saw the movie today and was excited but it really fell short of the hype for me. I thought the beginning was beautiful and the highlight. I found the rest kind of unbelievable to be honest. I don’t think a woman ally’s age making he music she made and with the look she had could be super famous in the present day - which the movie so clearly placed itself in (Halsey had no business being there). It really just skimmed over so much baggage of fame and what comes with it. People become famous because of the public. And we never saw the publics reaction to Ally outside of the concerts? Lol. I needed more. And the ending was kind of dramatic for me. I felt like I needed to see more of Jackson’s anguish before I could believe the ending. However the soundtrack continues to grow on me. I think the soundtrack is better than the movie!

(Lady gaga’s Botox bothered me throughout the entire movie)

my thoughts exactly. it was incredible and the acting was stunning but they left out EXTREMELY important parts of the plot which you perfectly noted.

I'll Never Love Again has potential to be a career-defining megapopular ballad and I think her team wanted to push it to radio ASAP to hope it gets the attention it deserves. But I agree, there are better tracks on the album 

That would be true or even just fathomable for me if it was Is That Alright instead of INLA. My taste taking over maybe but I cannot comprehend thinking INLA is better than ITA, even for the general public, I'm gonna put white gloves on and dabble into getting out of my way to say it even vaguely sounds faintly like an Ed Sheeran inspired kinda ballad - dgmw it's a million times better but in terms of sales and what pleases the public? INLA has more streams bc it's a powerful moment from the movie and like the only time I remember hearing ITA was at the credits when everyone's leaving and busy wiping their tears but it doesn't excuses the fact that ITA is a jizzilion times better (IMHO)

ZKcaooE.png

Just got home from cinema! ASIB was great!!! Gaga really did a great job. The ending song, Always remember us this way had different lyrics i was shaking. i recorded it lol

22.png

So saw the movie today and was excited but it really fell short of the hype for me. I thought the beginning was beautiful and the highlight. I found the rest kind of unbelievable to be honest. I don’t think a woman ally’s age making he music she made and with the look she had could be super famous in the present day - which the movie so clearly placed itself in (Halsey had no business being there). It really just skimmed over so much baggage of fame and what comes with it. People become famous because of the public. And we never saw the publics reaction to Ally outside of the concerts? Lol. I needed more. And the ending was kind of dramatic for me. I felt like I needed to see more of Jackson’s anguish before I could believe the ending. However the soundtrack continues to grow on me. I think the soundtrack is better than the movie!

Exactly. I think all we saw of her career was her suddenly having some dance rehearsals after her first studio session, a quick scene of her performing Heal Me at iHeartRadio Music Awards, that billboard of her (I really liked the photo btw) which I suppose was an ad for her debut album dropping, the Grammy Awards scene and towards the end she was performing for a full house arena? Those were all quite short scenes and with the rest the focus was on Jackson's substance abuse and Ally putting up with his shit for some reason, living by a road with no security whatsoever despite both of them being hugely popular. Apparently Ally became quite a phenomenon worldwide and we're supposed to believe it happened just like that, all she had to do was sing one hit song with Jack on his tour and the doors to basically everything opened? That's superficial to say the least. It's like Bradley (or whoever wrote the script) built the film around his character's "tragic" end and while doing so he didn't give Ally - or her career at least - any depth, and in the end Gaga's performance was what made the character so sympathetic.

Shallow, Always Remember Us This Way, Is That Alright? and I'll Never Love Again are the best songs.

Halsey..at Grammys...umm
Great scifi movie :oopna:

That was just as ridiculous as the prospect of an album featuring Why Did You Do That? and Hair Body Face winning a Grammy.

Shallow, Always Remember Us This Way, Is That Alright? and I'll Never Love Again are the best songs.

That was just as ridiculous as the prospect of an album featuring Why Did You Do That? and Hair Body Face winning a Grammy.

Ikr..these pop songs are trash

The other songs were great,really liked them

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

ps, ally's songs have been stuck in my head since theyve been released and i cant stop listening  :toofunny:

LITERALLY SAME like LEAVE ME ALONE omg lol I don't even like this song but it's growing on me purely because I have it in head 24/7 since a week!!! It's infuriating how talented Gaga is because to make a song that's 1) supposed to be as generic and bland as possible to appear to mass market 2) but actually making it good 3) but making it good in such a subtle way that you have to let it grow on you and be the exact person that was the whole point of the song at first... She played me so hard, why did she do that do that do that do that to me

ZKcaooE.png

don't forget that this version of ASIB is the fourth incarnation. the first two heavily relied on the 'star maker system' that was popular in Hollywood in the 1930s through most of the 1950s. the first two films had Esther (original name for Ally) wanting to make it big as a singer as well but at the time it was more likely to become a performer in the theatrical sense (think musicals, theater, etc.) so Esther had to go 'through the system' to 'become more appealing' as a celebrity and had a whole image change/name change similar to that of Ally's shot to superstardom. i believe this is as close this version of the film could get to that portion of the original story (the third installment with Streisand is where the rock and roll image came from because no one was really into making musicals anymore/jackson's character (originally named something else too) was then modeled after the rockstars of the times with downfalls).

as for the believability, i find it extremely believable that she shot up like this. if we think about it, we as fans don't realize how quick or slow someone comes into the limelight on the scale that Ally did, and now with the internet and different ways to 'come up', i think they just tried to stay to the stereotypical arc. and at the same time i think they were making fun of it a little because of how drastic everything was and how quickly she conformed to a different state for her art. also also, we aren't given a strict timeline so it may seem she has nothing one day and then meets the interscope manager the next, but i guarantee a large scale of time passes. then when businesses can make money off of people they push as fast as they can which is why she was always at a rehearsal or preparing for something.

and i think they hit the baggage part, but it wasn't the baggage of fame, it was the baggage that belonged to jackson. he had this problem throughout the film and throughout their relationship so nothing was different once she became famous on her own for his alcoholism/drug abuse except that he started to become alone again with ally doing her own thing and him also facing that her fame was reaching larger scales than his was (not sure if his fame declined a bit or not but he just seemed to be on break because he DID has sold out arenas after all). basically the point of the story is to focus on the two of them which is why we didn't see much outside. we only saw some interaction between jackson and his fan base because that's where ally got her start and she was introduced to him during his tour. after that, it focused on them and the strength of their love for one another. i personally thought it was very believable just because i've had personal experiences similar to those told and how much ally takes care of jackson and all that. and if you think about his love for her and his support for her and her career, he ultimately lost his battle because he knew he'd ruin her life if he was still around. and tbf the manager came in a fucked him up which really pisses me off but he did it because jackson was 'getting in the way' of ally's money making abilities (she wanted to stop the tour and all for him). that whole thing made it more sad for me and made me angry tbh.

and someone else mentioned how she had a big audience at the end and where did it come from, it was a benefit for her husband so i'm sure it's a mix of people for her for him and for suicide prevention like we don't know the details of the event but we do see a change in her because she has her brunette hair back and she makes it a point to say her full married name to the audience to show her love for jackson.

sorry for how long this is but going to film school really ruins the ability to be able to watch a movie without analyzing and trying to understand everything. i hope this doesn't offend you i just wanted to give some more insight to the choices made! :) 

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

Seeing her getting popular and being adored over again is such an amazing thing to see. She's the first female artists I ever stanned and still is one of my favourites.

After everything she's been going through the last couple of years Gaga has well and truly earned it. She so happy and clearly brimming with confidence.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

um can they actually make an Ally album tho

I was actually thinking about this a few days ago, they could've credited Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper as artists but I think it would've been nice if they made special Spotify / Apple Music artist profiles for Ally and Jackson, with the pop songs by Ally having a special ''album'' on Spotify and Apple Music.

i just saw a star is born, and im truly blown away it was such a good movie, it made me so happy/sad at the same time. i wasnt really into the soundtrack at first listen but i think i might have to relisten, because hearing all those songs in the movie made me really like some of them.

She is really peaking all over again. #1 and #2 on the US iTunes album charts, #1,#2 and #4 on singles. Wow.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.