Sign in to follow this  
popwhore

"The Leaked Sessions"

I was listening to an interview with 102.1FM and Lana and the host joked about releasing an album/EP called "The Leaked Sessions" Would you guys want her to do this or would you rather her do something else while we waited for the new album? If you have any ideas on something you'd want as an EP share them here :) One of mine is a cover EP (ie. Blue Velvet, Chelsea Hotel, Summerwine etc.)

This could either be a really good thread, or it could flop horribly. I just want to see some ideas you guys have!

I want her to release never let me go, every man gets his wish and so on. I want them in good quality and I want her to get royalties for those great songs.

I'm not a huge fan of leaked songs even though I love Lana. It's that I want to buy her music and support her.

on some real tho im pretty happy with almost all her unreleased quality. its not worth her changing -and potentially ruining- certain songs *ahem yayo*

one song that id love to see in high quality and with a modern twist is Boarding School  :flutter:

tumblr_pinn5thM7y1y0ns5so1_400.gif

It would be great, I mean if you listen to the BTD demos, and the actual songs on the album the difference is huge, they made the songs so much better (well, except for MDM).

But those songs are old, and as she lives more she grows as an artist so I'm more interested in her new material which she wrote since Paradise came out.

:holla: 

lol she should just come out with 5 albums this year. 1 of them for her new material. 4 of them for unreleased songs because that is just common sense right.. 

god knows I tried

I'd love something like "The Lizzy Grant Archives, vol. 1", with more to follow. Releasing the leaks would mean the end of those mutilated and pitched youtube bootlegs (they'd be replaced by good bootlegs, lol) and the possibility of seeing her perform some older stuff live. The argument for better producing (but not necessarily radically changing) is archiving as well as future commercial viability. There is no such thing as old music. People are born every day that know neither LDR nor Bach.

I'd have no problem if she released something like this. If the songs would be in good quality qand maybe redone ...

Of course new songs are great, but this song-greedy "mimimi I want new ones if there will be but one song she remakes I will hate the record" people annoy the sh*t out of me ...

Some of the unreleased/leaked songs are sooo good. I'd really love to hear them in full-studio-quality and see her selling them. Apart from this, some of the unreleased songs really have a "unique" feeling, very different from the officially-released stuff.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I'd have no problem if she released something like this. If the songs would be in good quality qand maybe redone ...

Of course new songs are great, but this song-greedy "mimimi I want new ones if there will be but one song she remakes I will hate the record" people annoy the sh*t out of me ...

Some of the unreleased/leaked songs are sooo good. I'd really love to hear them in full-studio-quality and see her selling them. Apart from this, some of the unreleased songs really have a "unique" feeling, very different from the officially-released stuff.

I think that is what is bothering her about the leaks, actually. (other than the lack of privacy)

It tarnishes her aesthetic.