FROGGO

We're Looking For Members to Help with the Interview Subsection!!

Stupid question time: Can anyone help with this? I saw some lists of people who are helping and I don't want to confuse anyone if I take someone's task? :)

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

THERE ARE NO MORE 2011 INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE TO BE TRANSCRIBED/TRANSLATED/TYPED, THEY ARE EITHER COMPLETED OR ARE IN THE PROCESS OF BEING FINISHED. THANK YOU!

HERE IS A LIST OF 2012 INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE FOR TRANSCRIPTION; THE LIST IS NOT YET COMPLETED. PLEASE POST THE INTERVIEW(S) YOU DECIDE TO WORK ON SO I CAN MAKE NOTE OF IT AND AVOID CONFUSION

@@VegasBaby I think the list isn't updated yet so look at the last pages to check if what you want to pick isn't already taken/done.

Thanks Quentin. :)

I'm currently transcribing the XFM 2012 interview (with Eoghan McDermott) as I saw it's available. I wanna help because it's such a great idea. :)

Thanks Quentin. :)

I'm currently transcribing the XFM 2012 interview (with Eoghan McDermott) as I saw it's available. I wanna help because it's such a great idea. :)

ahh i just started this one but since you posted first it's yours. Good luck to you~

I'll take the BBC Radio 1 (with Zane Lowe)

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

@@maru

Corriere.it Exclusive (transcription + partial Italian translation)

*Video Games plays in the background*

Q (Question): How would you present yourself and your music to someone listening to you for the first time?

LDR (Lana Del Rey): Mm, I would say it’s a mix between, um, I guess like it has a really strong glamorous atmosphere with heavy hip-hop beats and summertime sadness, cinematic strings and the lyrics are autobiographical, and it’s mostly about death and love. * laughs*

Q: Off To The Races is a song with incredible lyrics, a story of gambling, alcohol and intense love. Some people said it reminds them of a Charles Bukowski poem. Do you agree with this comparison?

LDR: Well, yeah, I mean, we’re kind of birds of a feather, in a way. Like, you know, I used to live a really crazy life, um, and like Off To The Races is one of those songs where you can tell by the energy of it that I’m right in the middle of, like, a relationship where times where happy but also chaotic. Like, we were travelling between L.A. and Las Vegas, he… I, I can’t gamble ‘cause I’m not good, but he was gambling, I was just swimming. *laughs* Um, and uh, yeah, I mean, I used to, uh… I used to indulge in a lot of, like, drugs and dark poetry and pop culture and amazing music, but I’ve quieted down a lot but I just reminisce about it. I, you know, I… I live a really simple life today but, like, I was really influenced by certain poets and storytellers, but mainly, like, Allen Ginsberg and people, like, Beat poets and his circle, yeah.

Q: Is “Radio” a song that speaks about the change in behavior from people toward you after your songs became hits?

LDR: I mean, you know, people always said, like, “Oh, people will come out of the woodwork and change their mind about you, they’ll start to like you because you’re on the radio” and it is true, but I don’t really mind ‘cause I’d rather have people be nice to me, so I like it. I don’t really care why people are nice to me, I just like it when it’s easier, so… I just wrote it when this guy that I used to know came back into my life and, so it was like, *sings* “Now my life is sweet like cinnamon” ‘cause, like, he came back, so.

Q: Not only you’re a talented musician, but you’re also a beautiful woman and all the fashion magazines want to have you on the cover. What’s your relation with the fashion world? Do you like taking care of your own style and image? Do you choose your own clothes?

LDR: Well, like, my… I have a younger sister, my little sister used to say “I swear to God, if you become a fashion icon I’m gonna kill myself” because I never had any fashion sense at all, I wore the same thing every day, which was just lots of denim, like jeans and white t-shirts, um, but when I started doing live television and things like that I kind of started asking Johnny Blueeyes, who is my stylist, to help me find, like, summer dresses, things like that. Um, and I started to become more interested in fashion, um, not, um, not in like a typical way but more like in the way that it just would relate to the music, and Johnny and I had a lot of the same influences, um, in terms of like icons and what we thought were beautiful and important things, and magazines slowly did start putting me on the cover and, um, the best thing about it is really meeting the beautiful people who work within fashion and are so passionate about, not just fashion, but art. So, you just end up meeting more and more people who sort of like you, which is a gift.

Q: Is there a thread connecting all the songs in your album?

LDR: I guess the way I would describe it is like, when I was really young and I found out that, like, we were all going to die and that I was mortal and my family was mortal, that really overshadowed my life and sort of colored my writing style. But I also had fleeting moments of happiness when I found true love for the first time and also met friends who were really exciting, and so those two worlds came together for me and really have been my main influences, weaving in and out of the music since I started writing. And other than that, all I can say is that I did have one relationship that influenced the album but, um, you know, the way I describe it is like when we met we had so much in common and we were, um, living a really similar life, um, devoted to art and to serving our community, and we had a beautiful relationship but when he started taking a more, like, dangerous road and kind of veered off the straight and narrow, and we could no longer be together. That really, I just thought it was so sad that, like, I don’t know, God had found someone so perfect for me and that, that we really couldn’t be together, so that influenced, that’s sort, that’s sort of an underlying thread throughout the album.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

ahh i just started this one but since you posted first it's yours. Good luck to you~

I'll take the BBC Radio 1 (with Zane Lowe)

:shock: Ohh sorry Ata. I knew I would do something like that and take someone's thing. /failme

I've finished transcribing it, just need to clean it up a bit.

Thanks for joining the team, @@VegasBaby! :)

i dont know any languages other than english but if you need someone to transcribe interviews id be happy to help!!

lana interviews are my weakness   :flutter:

That would be great! You can choose any interview from this list that hasn't already been claimed/completed; be sure to post in the thread which one you're doing! :creep:

The list has officially been updated. :) I should be online all day so any claims on interviews or completed transcriptions will be acknowledged relatively quickly. As for what I've been doing, I've been working in the subsection itself, making threads and grappling with REALLY ANNOYING FORMATTING PROBLEMS. Sometime today I'll post a few screenshots of what it looks like currently.  :P 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I picked an interview to transcribe off Moy's list (I've worked as a transcriber for like a week ~experience~  :hawt: but I had some cool software & pedal thingy that made it easier) Anyway, here it is - January 23rd, Absolute Radio with (Geoff Lloyd)

AR:  It’s Absolute Radio and tonight in session I’m delighted to welcome Lana Del Rey, hello!

LDR: Hi!

AR: How are you?

LDR: I’m good, thank you. How are you?

AR: I’m fine, I don’t think I’ve ever noticed in your videos before that the gold tooth is –

LDR: (laughs)

AR:  - is that a recent addition, have you chipped it, what’s going on there?

LDR: It’s a recent addition, yea, just you know, just keeping it real. Just for a little bit.

AR: Are you dentally good though?

LDR: Yea, all good, all good, yea. The Brits are too, I don’t know what they’re talking about.

AR: It’s a terrible stereotype

LDR: It’s stupid!

AR: Yea, although -

LDR: I know all about that.

AR: (laughs) So you first came to my attention last summer when I saw videos of a couple of songs online. From seeing those videos, the image I had of you in my imagination was this kind of like bohemian girl who’s perhaps like a bit jaded with life, probably lives in a quite small cluttered apartment full of bric a brac and nick-nacks and you spend your spare time going to garage sales and buying up old city film and splicing it together by night. Um, how close is that to the truth?

LDR: I don’t know. I mean I feel like that vision is – like you’re talking about the same girl except I just, don’t really go to garage sales or anything like that and I’m usually hunting for my film on YouTube.

AR: Right.

LDR: But (laughs) I don’t know – it’s half way there.

AR: Okay, there’s a nugget of truth in there. So you don’t go to garage sales – what do you spend your money on? Are you a thing-person?

LDR: What do I spend my money on... I don’t really spend my money on anything! I just -

AR: You’re thrifty!

LDR: I’m thrifty! Yea, I hate to spend my money.

AR: But you’re not somebody who puts a lot of sentimental value on things, you’re more of an experienced person.

LDR: Not really. I mean you know like if I have a lot of money I’ll buy something like really beautiful like maybe with little diamonds in it. I bought this little ring -

AR: Sparkly things.

LDR: (laughs) But other than that, I spend money on you know like, it’s actually expensive to get some of those films clear like for Video Games and things like that so I like to put my money back into the music, usually.

AR: And are you from a film background or a music background?

LDR: Music.

AR: So you didn’t study film, that’s just an interest you came into yourself.

LDR: Yea I didn’t study it, it just became sort of - I was like a writer first and then a singer and then kinda came into editing later. But it’s something I ended up feeling just as passionate about as singing.

AR: So a marriage of the pictures and the voice

LDR: Yea!

AR:  So – so quickly in terms of having a record out, I don’t know how quickly in terms of what’s going on with you in your life – but certainly so quickly in terms of having released a record. It’s gone very massive, it’s this huge level of success and then there’s been this kind of unprecedented, very modern, kinda snippy backlash. Has that tainted it for you? Do you feel like you got everything you wanted on one hand but has it been tainted?

LDR: I don’t know if it’s been tainted, it’s definitely been different from what I expected. But you know, because I had a lot of time to think about the record and what I wanted –cause you know I’ve been writing it since last year so - I sort of finished writing the record before anything was really happening. And so – I don’t know, I mean I don’t really think it’s tainted it but I couldn’t have really imagined it like this I guess I’d say.

AR: I’d say it must be a weird thing - to imagine success as people are hearing your music and you’re out playing shows and people are liking it, I don’t imagine that some sniping on a hipster blog or on a broadsheet review is part of that though. Are you quite bullet-proof to that criticism do you think?

LDR: I don’t know you know, I don’t think about it too much only because you know I’ve been living in New York for about 7 years  and a lot of the people that I started singing with don’t sing anymore, don’t write anymore. So the fact that I can still do that – like come here, play shows, sing and write – you know, that’s kind of a gift, that’s kinda what I sort of stay focused on. Like I keep writing, when I went back to New York and California – the last two weeks I got to go back into the studio and keep working. So I find that when I’m working it’s easier to just sink into that.

AR: Are you bad with downtime then?

LDR: No, I actually really like downtime but I haven’t had too much of it... lately (laughs)

AR:  Well, it’s probably gonna be awhile before you get any as well. Lana Del Rey then, the sort of name or the persona – is it you or is it a part you’re playing?

LDR: Definitely very much me,  I just really wanted a name that was as beautiful as I thought the music was gonna be.

AR: Where did the name come from?

LDR: Well I was going with my sister a lot to Miami; we were spending time with our friends from Cuba. And I wanted something that sort of sounded like... faded sea-side glamour and that was something that sounded beautiful  but sonically I just like the way it sort of rolled off the tip of the tongue so -

AR:  Did you have a long list or was that the only ever option?

LDR: I had a very short list.

AR:  What else was on the list?

LDR: I don’t know! (laughs)

AR:  You do know!

LDR: (laughs) I wouldn’t tell you, I’m sure I wouldn’t tell you!

AR:  Hey a question I wanted to ask you - has the real Nancy Sinatra been in touch? Having described yourself as a Gangsta Nancy Sinatra.

LDR: (laughs) No she hasn’t, no. But you know, I mean like again, that was something I just put on my YouTube page like for fun and then as soon as the song sort of got more attention people like grabbed that phrase off my YouTube and started recycling it before I could even get a hold on it!

AR:  That’s the weirdest thing, you can use phrases like that in bios on twitter and YouTube for years and nobody notices them, but the second that spotlight is on everything is hyper-scrutinized.

LDR: I know, I know – that was a real classy... classy decision. Great.

AR:  What music is dearest to you? In fact, if you were being euthanized what would be on the CD mix tape for you to die to?

LDR: Well – I did have another answer for you, but since you put it that way I’d probably die to Jeff Buckley.  I guess there probably wouldn’t be any other way.  

AR:  (laughs) It’s a good way to go out, yea.

LDR: Good music to die to, send me on my way to heaven. Heavenly voice, heavenly tunes. But – I have a couple of records that are sort of dear to me, I really like Nirvana, I really like Bob Dylan and I like Frank Sinatra’s voice.

AR: Are you scared of death?

LDR: Well... yea. Yea

AR: Do you think about your own death?

LDR: I used to think about it.

AR:  Do you see natural causes and old age or ‘tragic starlet robed of life’?

LDR: No, I don’t know what I thought, I just knew that it scared me – but I don’t know...

AR: Cause they say there’s two types of people, there’s people who fantasize about their own weddings and people who fantasize about their own funerals

LDR: (laughs) Is that true?

AR:  Yea yea yea. Do you feel you fall into either of those categories?

LDR: Yea! I’m a modern day woman, I think I fall into both of them. (laughs) I fantasize about both of them.

AR:  Would you like a happy funeral or people really sorta gnashing their teeth and really wailing and outpouring grief?

LDR: That’s a good question...

AR: Same goes for a wedding

LDR: (laughs) Hopefully just the family would be there, God, I don’t know.

AR: Yea. Can you pin-point a moment in your life where you feel, that was the moment – be it one second, ten minutes whatever, that you felt you were most content and happiest?

LDR: Yea. I mean, for me it’s really every day. I mean I really can’t explain to you, I’m really so grateful just to be alive and healthy every single day.

AR: That sounds really (? 7:39) from you, given that the films that you use have such a strong sense of nostalgia to them. I would expect you to be nostalgic of a summer or a boat journey. Like there’s something you would romanticize in a way -

LDR: I am, but I see everything in pictures when I think back of the way things were they’re very vivid to me. And when I kind of write, I sort of write back to the picture that I can remember. But I mean – a lot of the things that people said they thought were sad, I actually thought they were happy. And you know when I wrote Video Games, to me it was a real love song. It was actually about sort of a happy time. But I think because the melody is sort of sullen...

AR: Did you, when you came up with that melody we heard just before  - you know that lift in the chorus ‘I know you like the bad girls...’  - did you know you’re onto something there? Because it’s something almost military, like a military band or a last post (?) or something about it.

LDR: I personally thought I was onto something – not onto something, but in terms of writing a melody that I thought described me perfectly. You know, that I thought was gorgeous and didn’t compromise. I definitely thought that song did that. But it was you know a quiet, 5 minute 30 second love ballad with no instruments so that sentiment wasn’t necessarily, you know -

AR: And do you feel like the girl in that song, still?

LDR: Yea, I mean I always feel like the same person wherever I go sort of. But you know, she wasn’t sad, you know like -

AR:  It doesn’t seem like that. It seems like something that I’d call – it might be a Bukowski (?) thing but ‘(?)love’ you know where you’re just kind of happy to lie around, wither on someone, slope out and -

LDR: Yea, I mean I really enjoy (sighs) ...You know I’m just... It’s nice to be in love, yea, so...

AR:  And what d’you want?

LDR: I have everything I want.  (laughs)

AR:  Ok but what do you hope for, what do you strive for, what’s an ambition?

LDR: I really can’t think of any!

AR: I would never leave the house if I felt like that.

LDR: I don’t wanna leave the house! (laughs) I’m happy at home, I really am. I am.

AR:  Lana, thank you so much for talking to us. Best of luck with the album Born To Die.

LDR: Thank you, appreciate it. (laughs) Appreciate it.

If anyone knows those things the interviewer referenced which went over my head, feel free to chip in  :creep:

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

@@maru

January 25th 2012, XFM (with Eoghan McDermott)

Eoghan McDermott: Right now on XFM: a lady who, in 2012 is going to catapult herself into the kaleidoscopic stratosphere of musical super-stardom, fuelled by the release of her rambunctiously anticipated album “Born to Die”. Ladies and gentlemen: Lana Del Rey.

Lana: (laughs) Oh, my god! Hi, I’m good, thank you.

EM: We had that awkward thing when I walked in there ‘cause I’m from Ireland, you’re from America, we’re both in London and I....We kissed on one cheek and then, out of habit, I went for the second cheek ‘cause that’s what they do in London..

Lana: I did that too, though..

EM: But I thought you weren’t quite there yet, ‘cause I’m still, you know, sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. We had that awkward little...in between moment.

Lana: Well, there was something about you. I knew you weren’t really going for the second kiss, but..

EM: But it happened, anyway.

Lana: It happened.

EM: But, here we are, it’s all good. Lana, I’m going to cut to the chase. You’ve already broken my heart.

Lana: Shut up…

EM: No, you have, right. Last night, here’s me: I stroll down to Koko. Got my Lana Del Rey posters-

Lana: Oh, my god!

EM: - I thought..she’s gonna sign it. Maybe she’ll spit at me, if I’m lucky! Er, and you, you were sick and you weren’t there and I was very sad. As many people were sad..

Lana: I know..-

EM: What happened to you?

Lana: Well, I’m so sorry about that and...

EM: Everybody was just...disappointed.

Lana: I know. I’ve been waiting to see a lot of people I’ve been talking to, too, you know. I’ve been talking to friends and fans and I was waiting to see everybody but um, you know, I had the Maida Vale Sessions earlier in the day and by the time I’d finished, I knew that I was not gonna make it to Koko’s. 'Cause I’d sort of been sick since I’ve came off the road and it kind..kind of comes and it goes and I had walking pneumonia on the tour but didn’t know. Anyways but I’m…..sorry, I’ll sign your poster! (laughs)

EM: Oh, no no yeah, I’d better get the poster signed, also! Oh yeah, so everyone was monumentally disappointed and Orlando of The Maccabes who was…who were on also, they also expressed their supreme disappointment.

Lana: Ohhh..

EM: Yeah. But no in a great way, in a great way.

Lana: Well, that’s nice.

EM: Lets’-let’s...we’ll talk about the album shortly but let’s bring it back a little bit now, ‘cause we’re all getting to know each other and it’s lovely. I read an interview of you. Eighteen years old. You’re in New York. You’re doing all these kind of open mic thingymajiggy’s and that. When did you decide definitely, above everything else, ‘I’m gonna be a profession singer’ and did you decide when you were twelve...was it..

Lana: Hmmm, that’s a good question. I kinda needed a lot of help with that decision. I mean, I felt like it was sort of a selfish, unrealistic choice to make. Um, being like a singer and I also didn’t know anyone who was like, a real singer and so, I kinda read books about people who did what they wanted to do and how they did that. Um I didn’t, you know, I never really made the serious, conscious decision like, ‘This will be my life’, because I was afraid to get too attached to that vision. ‘Cause I thought if it didn’t end up happening, it would probably…break my heart but when I was eighteen and nineteen, I was playing open mic nights in Brooklyn and in the Lower East Side and um, I just knew that I really loved to do it. I was..I was a nervous performer but um, a lot of the boys who would play at the same open mics kind of took me in and said, you know, “Oh, come play for me tomorrow, come open up for my show”, so that’s what I did. And every week, when I played you know, for someone’s show, then someone else would ask me to come play for their show I did that for a couple of years and kinda didn’t really have any ambitions until I got signed to my first independent record label. And um, the very next day started working with David Kahne, who in America is like a super producer. Here, too, actually. Um, so, maybe that was one of the first times where I thought, ‘Wow, someone of his calibre actually thinks that I’m good, you know, geez”.

EM: Yeah, amazing..

Lana: I dunno, yeah..

EM: Are you from New York, or did you move to New York?

Lana: I was born in Manhattan. I was born in New York and then I left when I was young and I came back when I was eighteen.

EM: Oh, what was it like coming back? Was it like a big move, was that, did that..’Hey mom, dad. I’m gonna go to New York, I’m gonna be a singer. See ya later!”

Lana: It was like..heaven, you know. Every day I woke up in New York was a good day. I was so happy to be there but I had been away from home at that point for a long time so it wasn’t a big transition ‘cause I left when I was fourteen, so. I was just so happy to be there. It’s one of the best cities on the planet.

[break]

EM: XFM, drive time, we’re here with Lana Del Rey, who has just brandished a massive dildo! Lana, why’d you carry that in?!That is disgusting!

Lana: Mate, it’s ‘cause I knew you were gonna be here! (laughs) I bought it for you! (laughs) So don’t play dumb with me, buddy! (laughs more) Oh, my god!

EM: You have this thing that a lot of singers and musicians and actresses and things want but very few possess, which is like…mystery and allure and a lot of people ask questions about you and you have this whole aura around you and-And I read loads of mad stuff about you. I read this one thing that you were a professional trapeze artist-

Lana: Not true….unfortunately, sorry!

EM: - In Alabama. What other mad stuff have you heard?

Lana: Ohh, I mean, to be honest the only stuff that I’ve heard is just not been true. I mean, I really haven’t heard anything yet that is true and I know what you mean about the mystery. I mean, I look for…I, I’m interested in people who I think are mysterious but the funny thing is, is that me more than most people have lived such a straight forward life, you know, um, actually, you know, there’s really nothing too mysterious..

EM: Yeah, but that’s awesome, that’s great though –

Lana: I’m kind of as basic as it’s gets!

EM: -‘Cause people want that, you know what I mean? They strive to have it and they try and you just have it.

Lana: Well, that’s nice of you to say, I mean, you know, I mean some of the good stuff they write whether they be real or fake is very…complimentary (laughs).

EM: Yeah, no, absolutely .You certainly got this wave behind you and Born to Die is out on the 31st.

Lana: Yeah.

EM: Proud of it?

Lana: Oh, I love it so much. It’s like, you know, I…I haven’t done that many things in life that I love but the record..is gorgeous. There isn’t one song that I felt like I compromised on. You know, like lyrically or melodically, um because I didn’t feel any pressure. I really just felt like it was very personal, very much me. There’s nothing about it that I wouldn’t stand behind, not that it matters but just happens to be true..

EM: But I didn’t realize until recently, that Born to Die and Video Games and Blue Jeans, you said, is a kind of trilogy about this one dude and his effect on you and your relationship or what you thought. Erm, is he (‘Adele style’), is he aware of that? Have you talked about that, does he- is he aware of the reaction it’s getting and..

Lana: What..is Adele, like what...happened?

EM: Well, she’s very- she’s very vocal about this one person. It’s about this person and we talk about it, now we can have a laugh about it but at the time, it was so much emotion going on-

Lana: I see. He doesn’t know. His mother knows. We’re in touch…um…but no, no.

EM: He hasn’t pieced it together and kind of gone ‘Hey, this is about me’?

Lana: Not really.

EM: Beyond that trilogy then, the rest of the album. What, what’s the story behind the rest of the album?

Lana: I, I mean, each song sort of has it’s different back story but, umm.. I don’t know, you know, like there’s a couple of concepts I guess behind like, the general theme of the record but mostly…this record came about, ironically, at a time where I had really let go of my personal ambitions of being recognized as a good writer and a good singer..I-

EM: Why?

Lana: Well, because it had been so long since I started so I figured, you know, from now on, I’ll write for myself and just for the sake of writing. Just for the-..’cause I love it and um, ever since I started doing that - not that I ever really strayed from that path – but, when I really started indulging in just writing things ‘cause I liked them I really started to win, you know, just personally. And, um, I mean a lot of the record really doesn’t have...it doesn’t mean much, you know. Some of it I wrote when I was in California and I would just take drives from…along the Pacific Coast Highway from Santa Monica to Malibu, so it’s kind of a- it’s so nice for me, ‘cause it was like hot, hot summer time and where I come from, it’s really cold and I was just really enjoying in being like in tropical weather and, sort of using that time to like, think back at the way that things were and write some of the record about like, snapshots of my life and try and paint pictures like with words, just for myself to look back on them. It’s just really for me, kind of…yeah.

EM: Video Games is obviously the one that gave this initial tidal wave of recognition and stuff. It’s quite a- it’s very mellow, you know. It’s just a vocal and it’s piano and it’s quite haunting. Did…were you told or did you think that maybe it wouldn’t do the business it’s done or have the impact it’s had?

Lana: Sure…yep. I bought it to everyone and they were just, you know, not happy. It was just another 5 minute and 35 second love song with no instrumentation.

(Eoghan laughs)

Lana: Ehh…that’s what I was told!

EM: Ha, that’s a bit harsh.

Lana: And so..,yeah well..(laughs and sighs) Anyways but you know, I took it home and made a video for it anyways. Put all my favorite things in like time lapse, pink roses and black and white footage of kids skateboarding and erm and again, nothing that really meant anything, just kind of like things I thought were beautiful. Just sort of piece them together. Didn’t really make sense at the time.

EM: Did you have to fight for it then, to get it...to push it out or did someone -

Lana: - No, because I was on my own YouTube channel, so no one really give a whatever that I just put it up but I mean, um, of course people started noticing day by day, views started jumping. I think no one really expected that. That was about in June, May..

EM: It has been such a crazy ride since then. You got, obviously you know, for the Born to Die video is so bombastic (?) and so OTT and it’s brilliant in all it’s bling. Umm, you know, like Kanye obviously loves it and you got all these celebrity endorsements and it’s sort of – a massive amount of activity in a short space of time. Have you had time to stop and stop back and go, ‘This is bizarre’.? Are you enjoying it or is it work work work work work and maybe in a while, you’ll enjoy it?

Lana: I think it’s probably more the second one, to be completely honest with you. Um, just because I find that usually when I get finished with one thing, it’s time to do another thing. Umm, but you know, it is a big difference. Like, having music being a centre of my life again because it hasn’t really been that way for some time so, umm..it’s definitely different.

EM: Did you have friends, like old friends before this all took off, text you like ‘Aha, I saw you on telly today, I saw you in the paper today’. Is that- .people must be getting a kick out of it..

Lana: That’s exactly right, yeah. They think it’s just hilarious, especially ‘cause we didn’t really took a lot about music ‘cause why would we, at the time nothing’s happening at all. They were like, “You were really serious about the singing thing, weren’t you?” (laughs) So, it’s actually, you know…I have good friends. They’re not in music but they are.. they are funny.

EM: Can you…er, can you still walk around on the streets pretty okay?

Lana: Yeah, without my make up on. I don’t really look like myself (laughs) So, it’s not a problem!

EM: Do you have…massive OTT shades-

Lana: -Noo..

EM: ‘Cause you know, when you need to wear massive OTT shades then it’s really gone…stratospheric.

Lana:  Well, I really, I used to wear a, you know, I used to wear a baseball cap everyday but then, my manager told me here, no-one wears hats. That was years ago, but, like you know, baseball –

EM: - That’s a definite giveaway, yeah.

Lana: -It actually..

EM: I haven’t had time to absorb the album properly. Need to listen to it a few more times but on the first listen, early favourites: National Anthem-

Lana: Do you like it?

EM: Love it. Particularly love the opening line..

Lana: Did you, umm, hear the real version of it. I can’t- I’m not sure if you listened to that actual, like the one with fireworks..

EM: Yeah, yeah. yeah..

Lana: Ahh.

EM: Oh, it’s amazing. What’s- This is such a horrible, cliché question but for the purpose of beautiful sound bytes, we’ll do it anyway. If the world, impending Armageddon was ending tomorrow, and you said “People, you can only listen to one of my tracks off Born to Die”, what’s the …what’s the current track you’d say, “Make sure you listen to that.”?

Lana: Ahh…hands down, I’d say probably Summertime Sadness. It’s just my favorite. Umm, yeah. It’s about nothing but I like to put it on in the car and just drive – drive along the ocean and I mean, it’s just heaven for me. I love it and Larry Gold, it’s amazing…I had this guy, Larry Gold, who’s been in classic music for thirty years, he was conducting the Philadelphia Orchestra, like all throughout the record and I was telling him, I was explaining to him how I wanted him to help me sound scape the record, talking abut like, I wanted him to, you know, I wanted him to try and get the feeling of the American Beauty soundtrack mixed with like, early Bruce Springsteen in the summertime and he did it, it’s crazy! The strings on it are just, they’re exactly what I thought, so.

EM: Amazing. Um, Lana Del Rey, plans for 2012?

Lana: 2012 (sighs) I don’t have any…I dunno.

EM: Just touring and appearing and being wonderful and riding the wave?

Lana: I’m gonna go to California in early Februray and um, play some in store shows but after that, I’m not, I don’t think I am touring. Umm, (laughs) I’m going home.

EM: Just getting right out!

Lana:  (laughs) Yeah.

EM: One final question: What are the odds, do you think, from one to a million that we might fall in love and get married and live happily ever after? I probably- I get..

Lana: Do you..are you…do you really…is that a serious question?

EM:…It is now.

Lana: (laughs) When’s your birthday?

EM: Er, it’s the fifteenth of April.

Lana: So…you’re, err..

EM: Aries.

Lana: So then, the chances…they’re very good.

EM: Oh! This is going well!

Lana: (laughs)

EM: This is probably where we should wrap it up. And we’ll talk off the air! Lana Del Rey, Born to Die out 31st of January. It’s been a pleasure.

Lana: Thank you.

EM: Thank you very much.

Hope it's okay, it's quite long.. :biblio:

@@maru

January 25th 2012, XFM (with Eoghan McDermott)

Eoghan McDermott: Right now on XFM: a lady who, in 2012 is going to catapult herself into the kaleidoscopic stratosphere of musical super-stardom, fuelled by the release of her rambunctiously anticipated album “Born to Die”. Ladies and gentlemen: Lana Del Rey.

Lana: (laughs) Oh, my god! Hi, I’m good, thank you.

EM: We had that awkward thing when I walked in there ‘cause I’m from Ireland, you’re from America, we’re both in London and I....We kissed on one cheek and then, out of habit, I went for the second cheek ‘cause that’s what they do in London..

Lana: I did that too, though..

EM: But I thought you weren’t quite there yet, ‘cause I’m still, you know, sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. We had that awkward little...in between moment.

Lana: Well, there was something about you. I knew you weren’t really going for the second kiss, but..

EM: But it happened, anyway.

Lana: It happened.

EM: But, here we are, it’s all good. Lana, I’m going to cut to the chase. You’ve already broken my heart.

Lana: Shut up…

EM: No, you have, right. Last night, here’s me: I stroll down to Koko. Got my Lana Del Rey posters-

Lana: Oh, my god!

EM: - I thought..she’s gonna sign it. Maybe she’ll spit at me, if I’m lucky! Er, and you, you were sick and you weren’t there and I was very sad. As many people were sad..

Lana: I know..-

EM: What happened to you?

Lana: Well, I’m so sorry about that and...

EM: Everybody was just...disappointed.

Lana: I know. I’ve been waiting to see a lot of people I’ve been talking to, too, you know. I’ve been talking to friends and fans and I was waiting to see everybody but um, you know, I had the Maida Vale Sessions earlier in the day and by the time I’d finished, I knew that I was not gonna make it to Koko’s. 'Cause I’d sort of been sick since I’ve came off the road and it kind..kind of comes and it goes and I had walking pneumonia on the tour but didn’t know. Anyways but I’m…..sorry, I’ll sign your poster! (laughs)

EM: Oh, no no yeah, I’d better get the poster signed, also! Oh yeah, so everyone was monumentally disappointed and Orlando of The Maccabes who was…who were on also, they also expressed their supreme disappointment.

Lana: Ohhh..

EM: Yeah. But no in a great way, in a great way.

Lana: Well, that’s nice.

EM: Lets’-let’s...we’ll talk about the album shortly but let’s bring it back a little bit now, ‘cause we’re all getting to know each other and it’s lovely. I read an interview of you. Eighteen years old. You’re in New York. You’re doing all these kind of open mic thingymajiggy’s and that. When did you decide definitely, above everything else, ‘I’m gonna be a profession singer’ and did you decide when you were twelve...was it..

Lana: Hmmm, that’s a good question. I kinda needed a lot of help with that decision. I mean, I felt like it was sort of a selfish, unrealistic choice to make. Um, being like a singer and I also didn’t know anyone who was like, a real singer and so, I kinda read books about people who did what they wanted to do and how they did that. Um I didn’t, you know, I never really made the serious, conscious decision like, ‘This will be my life’, because I was afraid to get too attached to that vision. ‘Cause I thought if it didn’t end up happening, it would probably…break my heart but when I was eighteen and nineteen, I was playing open mic nights in Brooklyn and in the Lower East Side and um, I just knew that I really loved to do it. I was..I was a nervous performer but um, a lot of the boys who would play at the same open mics kind of took me in and said, you know, “Oh, come play for me tomorrow, come open up for my show”, so that’s what I did. And every week, when I played you know, for someone’s show, then someone else would ask me to come play for their show I did that for a couple of years and kinda didn’t really have any ambitions until I got signed to my first independent record label. And um, the very next day started working with David Kahne, who in America is like a super producer. Here, too, actually. Um, so, maybe that was one of the first times where I thought, ‘Wow, someone of his calibre actually thinks that I’m good, you know, geez”.

EM: Yeah, amazing..

Lana: I dunno, yeah..

EM: Are you from New York, or did you move to New York?

Lana: I was born in Manhattan. I was born in New York and then I left when I was young and I came back when I was eighteen.

EM: Oh, what was it like coming back? Was it like a big move, was that, did that..’Hey mom, dad. I’m gonna go to New York, I’m gonna be a singer. See ya later!”

Lana: It was like..heaven, you know. Every day I woke up in New York was a good day. I was so happy to be there but I had been away from home at that point for a long time so it wasn’t a big transition ‘cause I left when I was fourteen, so. I was just so happy to be there. It’s one of the best cities on the planet.

[break]

EM: XFM, drive time, we’re here with Lana Del Rey, who has just brandished a massive dildo! Lana, why’d you carry that in?!That is disgusting!

Lana: Mate, it’s ‘cause I knew you were gonna be here! (laughs) I bought it for you! (laughs) So don’t play dumb with me, buddy! (laughs more) Oh, my god!

EM: You have this thing that a lot of singers and musicians and actresses and things want but very few possess, which is like…mystery and allure and a lot of people ask questions about you and you have this whole aura around you and-And I read loads of mad stuff about you. I read this one thing that you were a professional trapeze artist-

Lana: Not true….unfortunately, sorry!

EM: - In Alabama. What other mad stuff have you heard?

Lana: Ohh, I mean, to be honest the only stuff that I’ve heard is just not been true. I mean, I really haven’t heard anything yet that is true and I know what you mean about the mystery. I mean, I look for…I, I’m interested in people who I think are mysterious but the funny thing is, is that me more than most people have lived such a straight forward life, you know, um, actually, you know, there’s really nothing too mysterious..

EM: Yeah, but that’s awesome, that’s great though –

Lana: I’m kind of as basic as it’s gets!

EM: -‘Cause people want that, you know what I mean? They strive to have it and they try and you just have it.

Lana: Well, that’s nice of you to say, I mean, you know, I mean some of the good stuff they write whether they be real or fake is very…complimentary (laughs).

EM: Yeah, no, absolutely .You certainly got this wave behind you and Born to Die is out on the 31st.

Lana: Yeah.

EM: Proud of it?

Lana: Oh, I love it so much. It’s like, you know, I…I haven’t done that many things in life that I love but the record..is gorgeous. There isn’t one song that I felt like I compromised on. You know, like lyrically or melodically, um because I didn’t feel any pressure. I really just felt like it was very personal, very much me. There’s nothing about it that I wouldn’t stand behind, not that it matters but just happens to be true..

EM: But I didn’t realize until recently, that Born to Die and Video Games and Blue Jeans, you said, is a kind of trilogy about this one dude and his effect on you and your relationship or what you thought. Erm, is he (‘Adele style’), is he aware of that? Have you talked about that, does he- is he aware of the reaction it’s getting and..

Lana: What..is Adele, like what...happened?

EM: Well, she’s very- she’s very vocal about this one person. It’s about this person and we talk about it, now we can have a laugh about it but at the time, it was so much emotion going on-

Lana: I see. He doesn’t know. His mother knows. We’re in touch…um…but no, no.

EM: He hasn’t pieced it together and kind of gone ‘Hey, this is about me’?

Lana: Not really.

EM: Beyond that trilogy then, the rest of the album. What, what’s the story behind the rest of the album?

Lana: I, I mean, each song sort of has it’s different back story but, umm.. I don’t know, you know, like there’s a couple of concepts I guess behind like, the general theme of the record but mostly…this record came about, ironically, at a time where I had really let go of my personal ambitions of being recognized as a good writer and a good singer..I-

EM: Why?

Lana: Well, because it had been so long since I started so I figured, you know, from now on, I’ll write for myself and just for the sake of writing. Just for the-..’cause I love it and um, ever since I started doing that - not that I ever really strayed from that path – but, when I really started indulging in just writing things ‘cause I liked them I really started to win, you know, just personally. And, um, I mean a lot of the record really doesn’t have...it doesn’t mean much, you know. Some of it I wrote when I was in California and I would just take drives from…along the Pacific Coast Highway from Santa Monica to Malibu, so it’s kind of a- it’s so nice for me, ‘cause it was like hot, hot summer time and where I come from, it’s really cold and I was just really enjoying in being like in tropical weather and, sort of using that time to like, think back at the way that things were and write some of the record about like, snapshots of my life and try and paint pictures like with words, just for myself to look back on them. It’s just really for me, kind of…yeah.

EM: Video Games is obviously the one that gave this initial tidal wave of recognition and stuff. It’s quite a- it’s very mellow, you know. It’s just a vocal and it’s piano and it’s quite haunting. Did…were you told or did you think that maybe it wouldn’t do the business it’s done or have the impact it’s had?

Lana: Sure…yep. I bought it to everyone and they were just, you know, not happy. It was just another 5 minute and 35 second love song with no instrumentation.

(Eoghan laughs)

Lana: Ehh…that’s what I was told!

EM: Ha, that’s a bit harsh.

Lana: And so..,yeah well..(laughs and sighs) Anyways but you know, I took it home and made a video for it anyways. Put all my favorite things in like time lapse, pink roses and black and white footage of kids skateboarding and erm and again, nothing that really meant anything, just kind of like things I thought were beautiful. Just sort of piece them together. Didn’t really make sense at the time.

EM: Did you have to fight for it then, to get it...to push it out or did someone -

Lana: - No, because I was on my own YouTube channel, so no one really give a whatever that I just put it up but I mean, um, of course people started noticing day by day, views started jumping. I think no one really expected that. That was about in June, May..

EM: It has been such a crazy ride since then. You got, obviously you know, for the Born to Die video is so bombastic (?) and so OTT and it’s brilliant in all it’s bling. Umm, you know, like Kanye obviously loves it and you got all these celebrity endorsements and it’s sort of – a massive amount of activity in a short space of time. Have you had time to stop and stop back and go, ‘This is bizarre’.? Are you enjoying it or is it work work work work work and maybe in a while, you’ll enjoy it?

Lana: I think it’s probably more the second one, to be completely honest with you. Um, just because I find that usually when I get finished with one thing, it’s time to do another thing. Umm, but you know, it is a big difference. Like, having music being a centre of my life again because it hasn’t really been that way for some time so, umm..it’s definitely different.

EM: Did you have friends, like old friends before this all took off, text you like ‘Aha, I saw you on telly today, I saw you in the paper today’. Is that- .people must be getting a kick out of it..

Lana: That’s exactly right, yeah. They think it’s just hilarious, especially ‘cause we didn’t really took a lot about music ‘cause why would we, at the time nothing’s happening at all. They were like, “You were really serious about the singing thing, weren’t you?” (laughs) So, it’s actually, you know…I have good friends. They’re not in music but they are.. they are funny.

EM: Can you…er, can you still walk around on the streets pretty okay?

Lana: Yeah, without my make up on. I don’t really look like myself (laughs) So, it’s not a problem!

EM: Do you have…massive OTT shades-

Lana: -Noo..

EM: ‘Cause you know, when you need to wear massive OTT shades then it’s really gone…stratospheric.

Lana:  Well, I really, I used to wear a, you know, I used to wear a baseball cap everyday but then, my manager told me here, no-one wears hats. That was years ago, but, like you know, baseball –

EM: - That’s a definite giveaway, yeah.

Lana: -It actually..

EM: I haven’t had time to absorb the album properly. Need to listen to it a few more times but on the first listen, early favourites: National Anthem-

Lana: Do you like it?

EM: Love it. Particularly love the opening line..

Lana: Did you, umm, hear the real version of it. I can’t- I’m not sure if you listened to that actual, like the one with fireworks..

EM: Yeah, yeah. yeah..

Lana: Ahh.

EM: Oh, it’s amazing. What’s- This is such a horrible, cliché question but for the purpose of beautiful sound bytes, we’ll do it anyway. If the world, impending Armageddon was ending tomorrow, and you said “People, you can only listen to one of my tracks off Born to Die”, what’s the …what’s the current track you’d say, “Make sure you listen to that.”?

Lana: Ahh…hands down, I’d say probably Summertime Sadness. It’s just my favorite. Umm, yeah. It’s about nothing but I like to put it on in the car and just drive – drive along the ocean and I mean, it’s just heaven for me. I love it and Larry Gold, it’s amazing…I had this guy, Larry Gold, who’s been in classic music for thirty years, he was conducting the Philadelphia Orchestra, like all throughout the record and I was telling him, I was explaining to him how I wanted him to help me sound scape the record, talking abut like, I wanted him to, you know, I wanted him to try and get the feeling of the American Beauty soundtrack mixed with like, early Bruce Springsteen in the summertime and he did it, it’s crazy! The strings on it are just, they’re exactly what I thought, so.

EM: Amazing. Um, Lana Del Rey, plans for 2012?

Lana: 2012 (sighs) I don’t have any…I dunno.

EM: Just touring and appearing and being wonderful and riding the wave?

Lana: I’m gonna go to California in early Februray and um, play some in store shows but after that, I’m not, I don’t think I am touring. Umm, (laughs) I’m going home.

EM: Just getting right out!

Lana:  (laughs) Yeah.

EM: One final question: What are the odds, do you think, from one to a million that we might fall in love and get married and live happily ever after? I probably- I get..

Lana: Do you..are you…do you really…is that a serious question?

EM:…It is now.

Lana: (laughs) When’s your birthday?

EM: Er, it’s the fifteenth of April.

Lana: So…you’re, err..

EM: Aries.

Lana: So then, the chances…they’re very good.

EM: Oh! This is going well!

Lana: (laughs)

EM: This is probably where we should wrap it up. And we’ll talk off the air! Lana Del Rey, Born to Die out 31st of January. It’s been a pleasure.

EM: Thank you very much.

Hope it's okay, it's quite long.. :biblio:

This is AWESOME

i'm going to transcribe/translate this one now:

[-] January 29th, TTT  [German]

and i transcribed/translated this one when it first came out:

[-] November 17th, 1Live [German]

1LIVE: We have raised the 1LIVE flag on the 1LIVE house, we always raise this flag when we have great company with Tobi Schäfer and ? Bursche. First, she blessed us with "Video Games", then with "Summertime Sadness", the soundtrack to the not-summer in Germany. Her album "Born to Die" was on number one in eleven countries and now she's here in the studio! Good morning, Lana Del Rey!

Lana: Hello hello, it's good to be here.

1LIVE: A Pop-icon, almost a diva...can you make use of the term "diva"?

Lana: *laughs*

1LIVE: And then she laughs like a diva, "ho!"

Lana: I'm not laughing like a diva! I don't think I'd call myself a diva but i'll take the icon...uh...

1LIVE: With women, you always have to ask, because they get mad if you don't notice, did you go to the hairdresser again? Because I saw you with a fringe this week and you also have a completely different hair colour on the cover of the new record.

Lana: I know. I know, I change my hair a lot. Um yeah, my fringe that I was wearing this week, it's not a real fringe..it's just...it was my disguise, that wasn't a good disguise. And this is...yeah, I did have to go get my hair done the other day 'cause I'm singing on TV tomorrow and yeah, I got my hair done for the radio 'cause I knew you'd be here.

1LIVE: Look, it's going pretty good with us. Then we'll continue...

Lana: Shut up

1LIVE: Lana Del Rey is here. Nice that you're here, we'll continue shortly.

1LIVE: Andreas and I don't have to clean today because even without that, we can say, "What glamour in our shack"

1LIVE: All over the world, number one. This woman, she looks fantastic, we know her from the subway, namely from the posters, she has advertised for a big clothing label. Lana Del Rey is there!

Lana: Oh, oh my gosh. Hi.

1LIVE: You've brought us something new, your album "Born to Die" exists as a re-release, eight completely new songs are on it and those that we already know. Why didn't you make a few more songs and release a completely new album because I mean, one would rather buy a new car than one that only has new rims.

Lana: Are you calling my record a used car? That's so unfair!

1LIVE: One with great rims.

Lana: Yeah, nice rims is right. Well, I think of it as a new record. In a way, I wish I had kind of released it as a new record, just so people would, like, be excited about it. But...um...I think I released it as a...set, as a like an updated edition because I...I plan on setting a short film to it and then running that, like, the graphics from that film throughout the show on the tour. So it was kind of the idea of...

1LIVE: A big hit, also in the 1LIVE sector is the track....uh...stop, I've gone blank..."Summertime Sadness"! And now we have this "Autumn Sadness" outside, are you always sad?

Lana: Uh...no! No, I'm happy.

1LIVE: It sounds very happy, too.

Lana: Yeah, I'm happy!

1LIVE: I would like to cite from another song, "My pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola". Andreas and I blushed...completely disgusted when we heard that. Why the hell are you sure it's Pepsi and not Coca Cola?

Lana: Pepsi...Pepsi Cola just had a nice ring to it, it just came off the tounge nicely.

1LIVE: So, one doesn't have to try.

Lana: You can try it!

1LIVE: This conversation is taking an unexpected turn, isn't it? Lana Del Rey, we know her from the radio. We don't really know you from the stage, you haven't been to Germany, starting on April 17, it starts, next year, you're in Düsseldorf for the first time then. Give us a little clue, of course all of us are going to buy  tickets but how should we act with your music? Drinking a beer, jumping around and yelling isn't really appropiate.

Lana: Uh. That's a really good question. Um, I think the kids I've talked to here, they just like the tracks of the album so it's really just a chance to kind of play it live.

1LIVE: Lana Del Rey is our guest today, one of the newcomers of the year 2012, we want to talk about your year in a second, describe it in one word.

Lana: Uh...different.

1LIVE: That's whack, I thought Americans often come with "Amazing!", but "different", we have to think about that, we'll continue shortly with 1LIVE and Lana Del Rey!

Lana: Yeah...

1LIVE: Before that, we have the most recent single, here is Lana Del Rey with "Rides" [sic].

1LIVE: 1LIVE plays Lana Del Rey with "Ride" and 1LIVE doesn't only play Lana Del Rey...

1LIVE: She brought us through the bad summer in Germany very well, "Summertime Sadness" is her big hit, Lana Del Rey is our very very best guest, one has to add.

Lana: I'll take it! I'll take it, thank you!

1LIVE: 3:0 for me, Tobi, 3:0 for me!

1LIVE: You have a sensational year behind you, your album "Born to Die" reached number one in eleven countries, but in your home country, the USA, it only reached number two, does that annoy you or aren't you a perfectionist?

Lana: Not a perfectionist. Um, and I'm not really interested in the United States at all, I'm really pleased, I'm so interested in Europe. I just really...that's just an honour to me. 'Cause America, they don't play, like, the radio wouldn't play music that isn't Top 40, so I just don't need to have anything to do, like I have nothing to do with music over there.

1LIVE: You're also in London a lot. Are you turning your back on America? That just sounded a bit like that...somehow that you're not satisfied with the life there.

Lana: Um...no, no. I didn't say that. Uh, no, I just, you know what? I love the idea of what America used to be, I love the ? of California, and I love the energy of New York City, but do I really wanna sing there? Um...I don't know. Uh, there's a saying that says, "Go where it's warm and go where you're loved." And so, I feel, like I, I feel really good in Paris, I feel really good...um, when I'm singing for people from Russia, I feel like they get it, so...

1LIVE: In Germany, we don't only know you through your music, we also know you from posters, you're advertising for a clothing chain and there are a lot of people that complain and say that you look very bored in the photos. Didn't you like the clothes?

Lana: They complain about me looking bored?

1LIVE: There's a contest on the internet in which users try to look like you.

Lana: And they look really bored?

1LIVE: I would say "cool"! I think, that's always a question of definition.

Lana: Yeah, I think you meant cool and not bored.

1LIVE: Lana Del Rey is our very best guest on this Saturday and really our very best guest, we've never had such a charming lady here, one has to say. And she brought presents, the new album "Born to Die - The Paradise Edititon" was released yesterday.

Lana: It's really good to be here, thank you.

1LIVE: Do you feel comfortable?

Lana: Yeah, actually I'm having fun.

1LIVE: Lana Del Rey, thank you very much for being here

Lana: Thank you, guys!

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

March 7th, Star 101.3 FM Radio :)

SR: John and Sandy here, along with Lana Del Rey!

Lana: Hello!

SR: Welcome to the bay area!

Lana: Thank you

SR: Are you getting recognised when you go out yet?

Lana: I do, yeah

SR: How’s that? Is it weird?

Lana: Its more just fun.

SR: I will tell you, about a month ago, the posters started showing up for Born To Die, in San Francisco

Lana: Oh god, right

SR: So like, im coming out of the McDonald’s drive through and i’m like ‘there is Lana Del Rey, staring me down!’

Lana: Attack of the 50 ft woman!

SR: Does it trip you out to see yourself, when you’re driving around the city?

Lana: Well! I think it was Jimmy Ivene who told me the story of Bruce Springsteen when he had his very first record out and like he was walking around New York and saw posters of himself at the Bowery and started tearing them down because it was so uncool. So I was like yeah I kind of feel that.

SR: Going out tagging on your own posters

Lana: Yeah!

SR: Who is this girl?! Drawing moustaches! So if I’m not mistaken, at least from your Wikipedia bio, you were born on June 21st

Lana: That much is true, that might be the first and last part that’s true on Wikipedia

SR: So, if I’m not mistaken again, that makes you a Gemini  

Lana: That’s correct, my friend

SR: The only reason I asked this question

Lana: Tell me

SR: the first 3 girls I dated were all Gemini

Lana: I feel bad for you, honey

SR: Okay, I was just gonna ask. Are you one of the crazies?

Lana: I’ll tell you something, because I’m right on that cusp, right? The 21- don’t look at me sceptically! I have a method to this, listen to this. So I’m on 21 right? Which puts me right on the cusp of that sweet little sign called Cancer! And so, I have a lot of kind of water energy and peacefulness, -laughter- you don’t look like you believe me at all!

SR: The reason I don’t believe you is because girlfriend number 2 had the exact same birthday –laughter- and also shes into the arts, shes an actress, she lives in New York

Lana: Uckk, double whammy, an actress Gemini, that’s disgusting

CR: Cool girl! But just couldn’t deal with her in large spurts

Lana: fine im tired, ill just tell you im straight up insane

CR: Awesome, and theres something hot about that

Lana: I haven’t had that much coffee so I cant-

CR: We were just telling you that Sandy is new here at Star 101.3, I just found out prior to this interview that Sandy is a Gemini

Sandy: I’m a Gemini, may 26 and im straight up crazy too, and im not afraid to admit it, big ups girl, big ups

Lana: It’s not easy having dual personalities

CR: It’s terrifying! Alright carry on Gemini girls

Sandy: Alright, you just said that’s the one thing on Wikipedia that’s true, are you tired? Do you hear rumours about yourself that you’re like really, seriously?

Lana: Yes! Sometimes they’re great, yesterday I was-just had a Versace campaign, but actually I was just wearing a Versace shirt

Sandy: So now you represent Versace according to them?

Lana: Yeah, so

CR: The breaking news I heard this morning is that you are actually a Star 101.3 on-air personality now

Lana: Oh! I like that!

CR: Welcome to the team, Lana Del Rey!

Lana: Thank you so much! I am so happy to be a part of this warm and loving family, ive always had aspirations to be an on air personality

CR: and you are doing a fantastic job so far

Lana: thank you!

Sandy: don’t even need paperwork! You’re in, you’re fine

Lana: that’s great!

CR: I feel like there is a lot of pressure being Lana Del Rey right now, do you feel that?

Lana: Being Lana Del Rey, that’s funny. Umm, I think that there would be if I hadn’t lived in such a steady way for the last decade, I know what people say about me, but I spent the last 10 years writing in New York, just trying to document my life in song form. So, the things that I enjoy doing are still very basic, so it’s good!

CR: talking to Lana Del Rey, you’re just here hanging out, talking to us today

Lana: just chilling

CR: Do you plan to come back to the bay area?

Lana: Yeah!

CR: see some people, do some shows

Lana: Yeah! We were talking about that because last time I was here for that show in Amoeba, we were just walking around Hate? Everyone just sort of passed by and said hey! It seemed like it would be a really good community to come play, and everything would just work out fine regardless of the show, so yeah

CR: Well, whenever you work on your tour schedule, I suggest you give yourself a day off after san Francisco, because if you like New York you’re gonna love hanging out at the bay area, so come on back!

Lana: Thanks guys! Thanks so much

CR: An album? You wanna give one last push?

Lana: Ooh, one last shout out

CR: Telling people to pick it up

Lana: …..Nope!

CR: Alright!

-laughter-

CR: We’re not here to sell anything! She’s embracing her new career as an on air personality here at Star 101.3 its Lana Del Rey, do you wanna uh introduce our slogan? Put on your radio announcer voice

Lana: Alright, okay. This is Lana Del Rey on Star 101.3, more variety from the 90’s till today!

CR: Sandy, you’re going back to San Jose

Sandy: Yeah, I’m fired. I just got fired right now

Lana: They would have fired me if I had done like a sex operator, they would be like ‘you’re outta here!’

Sandy: Welcome to the night shift!

CR: Lana Del Rey, thank you so much for stopping by.

tumblr_mucs0g8rNl1skf1lro1_250.gif

ttt

She's right at the beginning of her career and already right at the top: Pop Star Lana Del Rey. Her single, "Video Game" [sic], was clicked at more than 22 Million times on YouTube. With a deep voice, she acts as the mysteriously passive woman full of promise. After her incredible hit, she is now releasing her first album. Can she keep her promise?

The international pop scene has been waiting for someone like her: Lana Del Rey, just like from a beauty pageant. Soft voice, bittersweet songs: a girl that's flirting with the entire world. Half a year ago, Lana Del Rey became famus the world over overnight with her song "Video Games". She cut it the herself at home, on her computer.

LDR: I was able to create, like, a world just to make the songs actually, like, come alive and be more visual 'cause when I listened to them I felt like I was seeing them, just for me.

A pop star made for magazine covers, Lana Del Rey's retro look is highly coveted. Now her album "Born to Die" has been released along with a new video. Songs about romantic love, bad boys and Cadillacs, beautiful melodies with the lustre of past times.

Jochen Overbeck: She very quickly realized how important it is to find your own nich and how to fill that niche.

With an unerring instinct, Lana Del Rey relies on the clean sex appeal of the pin-up girls of the fifties. She loves music by Frank Sinatra and Elvis. Maybe that's how she suddenly hit a nerve, the desire for the good old days.

LDR: I've been singing for a long time and I really wasn't recognized in any way for some time but I never changed my style and I always had integrity with what I was singing so maybe what they like is the fact that I really like what I'm doing. I believe, personally, in what I'm doing.

A meteoric rise, all selfmade? Fake lips? Did she circulate a stirring story of a millionaire's daughter who lives in a trailer?

LDR: I moved into a trailer park for a year and a half. It wasn't ever something I was gonna talk about but when the press found out, I had to talk about it. But it wasn't something I did as a gimmick.

It's confirmed Lana Del Rey wrote her songs herself. She has a confident intuition for music and knows what she wants.

Jochen Overbeck: To say that she's a good invention is... it doesn't matter, that's completely irrelevant. What you could say is that if you listen to the entire album you'll notice that her subject area is a little limited.

The songs are about unhappy love and endless waiting for your loved one. That's her male audience's smallest concern.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Gonna do April 13th, PEOPLE   :)  will edit this when I finish

LDR: I think I look my best when I'm on stage, late at night, just giving it my all and all in white - summertime, hot summertime, outdoor stages. I like being on an outdoor stage in the summertime because I can feel the wind and I'll usually wear a dress especially if we're somewhere like Paris or somewhere romantic. It's just the ideal setting to get crazy and get jazzy.

LDR: The thing I love the most about singing is that -  I think when I grew up I just didn't really connect to anything, felt like every day life was just sort of mundane and I was really worried that I'd never feel connected to my profession or get to do anything that makes me feel really alive. And just being able to sing - it just makes me feel like electric and lucky to be expressing myself.

and here it is, v short

Edited by Poison Ivy

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

ARGHHH, I'm banging my head against the wall with this formatting. NOTHING IS BEING POSTED THE WAY IT SHOULD. WHEN I HIT POST, ENTIRE ARTICLES DISAPPEAR JLKSFJAKSLDJFALKJFAKLSDHFAJ GFDAJKSFA;LKSFJAL;

sorry, I just needed to rant :creep:

ARGHHH, I'm banging my head against the wall with this formatting. NOTHING IS BEING POSTED THE WAY IT SHOULD. WHEN I HIT POST, ENTIRE ARTICLES DISAPPEAR JLKSFJAKSLDJFALKJFAKLSDHFAJ GFDAJKSFA;LKSFJAL;

sorry, I just needed to rant :creep:

It feels weird "liking" this but I did like it to show you my respect for your all your hard work on this! ;) By the way, I don't think you mentioned anything but is there anything we can pay attention to when sending you transcriptions/translations? Like, something that would ease your formatting process?