FROGGO

We're Looking For Members to Help with the Interview Subsection!!

@@maru Great! I'll try to start chronologically from Jan 2012 (and maybe a few easy ones I can pick up) and work my way up. If you want to, you can start from December 2012 and work back and we can meet in the middle! I will post a list of radio interviews I have found here.

If anyone wishes to transcribe one, send me a PM so I can mark it off so other people can do something else! By the way, this isn't a complete list and I'm trying my best to expand it all the time.

Key:
[-] = available to transcribe
[x] = being transcribed by somebody.
[!] = transcription completed

[!] March 14th, Daft Dog @@lola COMPLETED
[!] November 15th, FaceCulture/Part 2 COMPLETED
[!] November 17th, 3FM COMPLETED
[!] December 9th, Poolside at Chateau Marmont COMPLETED
[-] NOVEMBER  La Musicale Special Girls for Canal+ (unable to find, @@Quentinhttp://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11hzvr_lana-del-rey-a-la-musicale-de-canal_news

V Magazine - EDIT: JANUARY 2012
[!] January 12th, VH1 @@lola COMPLETED
[!] January 23rd, Radio 6 @@lola COMPLETED
[!] January 23rd, Absolute Radio with (Geoff Lloyd) @@Poison Ivy COMPLETED
[x] January 25th, XFM (with Eoghan McDermott) @@VegasBaby
[x] Januray 25th, BBC Radio 1 (with Z@ane Lowe) @
[!] January 29th, TTT  [German] @@lola COMPLETED
[x] January 31st, RNBJUNK (VIDEO) @@elllipsis
[-] February 2nd, BBC Radio 2 (with Jo Whiley)
[-] February 4th, NEXNOWNEXT
[!] March 7th, Star 101.3 FM Radio @ COMPLETED
[-] March 7th, KPRI Radio
[-] March 8th, KROQ Radio
[-] March 7th, LIVE 105 Radio
[-] March 14th, Minnesota Public Radio/Part 2
[X] April 13th, PEOPLE  @@Poison Ivy
[!] April 20th, BBC Radio 1 (with Fearne Cotton) @ COMPLETED
[-] June 15th, CatRadio [catalan, not spanish]
[X] June 21st, BBC Radio 1 (with Fearne Cotton) @@Hundred Dollar Bill
[-] July 24th, Nova FM (with Tim Blackwell)
[!] July 28th, Channel V at Splendour In The Grass @@elllipsis COMPLETED
[-] September 25th, BBC Radio 1 (with Huw Stephens)
[-] October 25th, 98.7FM Singapore (with Rozz)
[-] November 6th, Megan and Menace Mornings
[-] November 7th, Triple J Radio
[-] November 7th, KFOG Radio
[-] November 9th, KIIS FM Radio (with JoJo) [snippet. Original podcast was corrupted]
[-] November 16th, BBC Radio 1 (with Fearne Cotton)
[!] November 17th, 1Live [German] @@lola COMPLETED (look at past thread)
[-] November 24th, Langs de Leeuw
[-] December 19th, RFM Radio France (French)

[-] May 31st, 102.1 The Edge FM (with Jessie)
[-] May 31st, 97.3FM
[-] June 7th, My103.9 Phoenix (with JT)
NYLON MAGAZINE: NOVEMBER 
AUG 16 http://radio.com/2013/08/16/interview-lana-del-rey-on-leaks-immitators-haters-summertime-sadness/
JUNE 19 ELECTRONIC BEATS 

Text to translate:
[!] June 15th 2012, El Pais (from Spanish) @@elllipsis COMPLETED

Hi, it's Maru just being a jerk and popping in on your post. :P I don't want to edit the above because it seems like you have a good thing going, but I did want to plunk down some 2012 links, if that's cool:

[-] Early 2012 (***), Concert Privee - Part 1 / Part 2 (needs French translation)
[-] January 14th, MySpace Exclusive Teaser 
[-] January 17th, NextMovie's Screen Check 
[-] January 30th, 20H TF1  (found by @@Quentin
[-] January 30th Le grand journal Canal+ (the video isn't on their website anymore, can't find it on youtube) - @@Quentin
[-] January 31st, Myspace: One-Two-Watch Lana Del Rey 
(the only difference between the two is the teaser has an additional line that is not in the other video)
[!] March 12th, Corriere.it Exclusive @@elllipsis COMPLETED
[-] May 25th, NPR's World Cafe
[-] June 15th, RTVE Radio Here it is. (found by @@elllipsis)
[-] July 27th, ZM Today's Hit Music (with Polly)
[-] September 28th, Le grand journal Canal+ with Bobby Womack (found by @@Quentin)
[-] November 11th, Cherie FM (6 parts, all contained in the link -- found by @@Quentin) - needs French translation
[-] November 15th, RTL Radio Station (with Steven Bellery) - France (found by @@Quentin) - needs French translation
[-] November 16, C à vous France 5  (found by @@Quentin)
[-] November 18th, Europe1 (already translated)

***The concert privée was filmed on 23/09/11 and aired for the first time on 07/03/2012

"
She also participed to La Musicale Special Girls for Canal+ (not so long after the Concert Privée) but as i stated here we can't find the interview anywhere. I've PMed the guy from the link Paraiso gave me to ask him if he still has the files but he didn't answer yet and their boards is kind of dead  :("

"@
20H TF1 was aired 30/01/2012
C à vous France 5 16/11/2012
Le grand journal Canal+ (the video isn't on their website anymore, can't find it on youtube) 30/01/2012
Le grand journal Canal+ with Bobby Womack 28/09/12

i'll start to translate the liberation interview now  :creep:

EDIT : The concert privée was filmed on 23/09/11 and aired for the first time on 07/03/2012"

FINDING PRINT-ONLY INTERVIEWS AND/OR ARTICLES

I think so too. I'm tackling 2011 in interviews and I've already hit into a bit of a block. I'm being unable to find a good scan of Fräulein Magazin. Does someone here have it, either the magazine or an adequate scan/photo? 

There's also the issue of my being unable to differentiate whether or not an article was written with the accompaniment of an interview with Lana, or if the article is just a piece on her rehashing what is known and taking quotes from previous interviews... y'know what I mean? I don't think this has "new info" but I just want to be sure:

yeah, there's an interview in that and ben is there too :O should i translate that?

TRANSLATING INTERVIEWS - @@lola, @@DUKE@@Quentin, @@Limelight 

Below are all of the foreign press interviews I've accumulated so far for 2011. If you find any more, don't hesitate to post or PM me! I mentioned everyone that is willing to translate for each set of languages; I know that some of you have other obligations/lives :P and won't be able to help for a bit and that's cool. Just letting you know what's out there!

I need a GERMAN TRANSLATOR for the following 2011 interviews, @@lola, @@DUKE

i can translate those two since duke can only start in july and i have time

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

FINDING PRINT-ONLY INTERVIEWS AND/OR ARTICLES

I think so too. I'm tackling 2011 in interviews and I've already hit into a bit of a block. I'm being unable to find a good scan of Fräulein Magazin. Does someone here have it, either the magazine or an adequate scan/photo? 

There's also the issue of my being unable to differentiate whether or not an article was written with the accompaniment of an interview with Lana, or if the article is just a piece on her rehashing what is known and taking quotes from previous interviews... y'know what I mean? I don't think this has "new info" but I just want to be sure:

First of all, this piece is from the German (you don't say) November 2011 issue of Rolling Stone magazine. The article was written by Jürgen Ziemer. I haven't had the time yet to read through it, but I'll get back to you on this one. :)

Her run-on sentences :rip:

Fellow transcribers, I'll do MTV Push for now and go from there. Is this the place to communicate this?

yeah, there's an interview in that and ben is there too :O should i translate that?

i can translate those two since duke can only start in july and i have time

I have time right now. :toofunny: Shall we split? Just tell me which article you'd like to translate and I do what's left. :)

@@maru I'm messaging Fräulein Magazin and ask them to send me the article, or a hard-copy if possible. 

@ That sounds like a great idea :3

@@lola + @@DUKE : Yes, please translate because I want juicy details on Ben  :benmawson: teamwork makes me happy :creep: 
@@SitarHero : Sounds great! This is the place for now, I think

@@Quentin: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

SGTZacR.png

I have time right now. :toofunny: Shall we split? Just tell me which article you'd like to translate and I do what's left. :)

@@maru I'm messaging Fräulein Magazin and ask them to send me the article, or a hard-copy if possible. 

Oh, great idea! Thank you An0JjGO.png

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

sure, i'll do rolling stone and zeit and u'll do universal?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

sure, i'll do rolling stone and zeit and u'll do universal?

Alright! Gonna start right after I finished my e-mail to Fräulein Magazin and this one blog that posted scans of it. 

EDIT: e-mails sent.

@@maru Okay, the 2011 biography from the Universal Music site has been successfully "translated." I was googling a certain phrase because it sounded kind of familiar to me, and I found this exact translation of the biography on the Brit Awards site. I was halfway done with my translation and just checked the rest of this official English version and it is indeed the press text released on the Universal Music website. 

Lana Del Rey - 2011 Biography

Sometimes stars emerge. Sometimes stars are thrust upon us. And sometimes stars simply slip into the atmosphere as if propelled by something otherworldly. It is into this last category that the astonishing presence, voice, look and feel of Lana Del Rey falls. Musical stardom is not an option with Ms Del Rey. It is her vocation. She calls herself the ‘gangsta Nancy Sinatra’ and defines her genre as ‘Hollywood pop/ sadcore’, a dramatic new loop for pop music. Her look she describes as ‘Lolita got lost in the ‘hood’. Get used to it all. This isn’t just soundbite, it’s Lana’s reality.

Lana Del Rey grew up Lizzy Grant in Lake Placid on the outer edges of New York State. Herein some of her unique musical flavour was incubated. ‘It has an epic, nostalgic feel. It’s in the middle of a National Park that is six hours from New York City. But it’s also a struggle because it’s a town built on tourism that no-one goes to anymore.’

At 18, she fulfilled her lifelong ambition of decamping to New York City. ‘Since I was little I knew I would end up there,’ she says, ‘Every day is a pleasure there. Every single day I walk out of the door is a good day. I like everything about it. New York totally rewards me for my love of it.’ Starting with the scrapping of her birth name. Lana Del Rey was born.

Her direct influences were visual as well as musical; David Lynch, soundtracks for ‘50s black and white movies, the whirring sound of the Ferris at Coney Island, fame itself. She lived in a New Jersey trailer park and decked her homestead in flags, streamers and seasonally inappropriate Christmas lights. ‘All the things I love,’ she notes. This was Lana’s world now and it needed to sparkle.

After scrapes in and out of the music industry, holding onto the fastidious dreams of the possibilities for Lana Del Rey, a breathtaking musical landscape has emerged. Brittle, emotional, cascading with cinematic reference points, her songwriting was starting to turn technicolour. The tainted glamour of Video Games, with its lyrical leanings towards the verbal loquacity of hip hop and its noir-ish melodic feeling for torch singing, was a beginning for her.

‘I had found a sound that thrilled and intrigued me. Shockingly enough, "Video Games" was a key moment for me. I was chasing hits, fast songs. I would be wondering ‘how am I going to pole-dance in the spotlight to this, then?’ I put up "Video Games" for myself. It was slow, it was a ballad, it kind of had no chorus. I put it up on YouTube and it worked. Every day there were thousands more views. I just sat there wondering where these people were coming from. I had no idea how they’d heard it but people came and started talking to me because of that song. It was not what I expected. But what a relief. If I could have a shot at singing my Hollywood glam ballads as well as my more upbeat gangsta brother versions of those songs, that would be great. Just not having to try and sing like other people.’

At 24 years old Lana has faced the fear and clocked up strong experiences to back up her magical musical storytelling. ‘I don’t fall in love easily. I’m so particular. But at the same time I do fall in love maybe stupidly. High impact love. I can tell everything I need to know in about one minute. It doesn’t always mean it’s going to end good but it definitely strikes me right away. I want to find someone who’s really magnetic but who isn’t going to do anything bad to me. It’s hard.

All of these intimacies will coalesce on the debut Lana Del Rey album pencilled tentatively for early 2012. Complementing the lush orchestration of "Video Games," there is a mountain of music that she has crafted lovingly in the studio since first facing her fear. From the gorgeous timbres of "Hey Lolita Hey" to the hip-hop influenced "National Anthem," Lana Del Rey’s music sounds unique like it has arrived bespoke to the artist.

@@lola If you need any help with the other two texts, just tell me which one I should help you out with, in case you haven't translated them already. :)

Dear transcribers, I'm going to work on the Taratata interview now. :) @@maru

@@SitarHero: Understandable :3 Thank you!

@@DUKE: Welp, I'm embarrassed :creep: I'm sorry for asking you to translate something that was already available :(

I'd love to help!

I can transcribe and/or translate; my native language is Portuguese but I think I can handle Spanish, French and Italian (preferably written). I could start by translating the El País interview, if it's still up for grabs...

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

I'd love to help!

I can transcribe and/or translate; my native language is Portuguese but I think I can handle Spanish, French and Italian (preferably written). I could start by translating the El País interview, if it's still up for grabs...

Awesome! Thanks for volunteering! :3

We're just focusing on 2011 interviews at the moment (for the sake of my sanity as I compile and organize all of this), but you can definitely have at the El Pais interview when we get to 2012 :creep:

It would be great if you took a stab at transcribing video/radio interviews not yet claimed, or typed up a print-only interview; you can see what's still available here! :)

I can't wait to see how you wrote the interviewer's half :toofunny:

Ugh, that interviewer was so annoying.  :defeated: Transcribing what Lana says is relatively easy because she speaks very slowly... but that interviewer... wsnm8.jpg I ended up unapologetically editing his questions... :toofunny:

Awesome! Thanks for volunteering! :3

We're just focusing on 2011 interviews at the moment (for the sake of my sanity as I compile and organize all of this), but you can definitely have at the El Pais interview when we get to 2012 :creep:

It would be great if you took a stab at transcribing video/radio interviews not yet claimed, or typed up a print-only interview; you can see what's still available here! :)

OK, so unless I got it all wrong, I think these two interviews -- Mulberry x Lana - Poolside @ Chateau Marmont + La Boîte à questions -- are still available.

I could start by transcribing those, what do you think? :)

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png