TIARNZUS

Lana Del Rey Shooting New Short Film, "Tropico"

Guest Dot

I don't know if I speak for anyone else but I just can't get over it. I waited and waited....and waited. I'm still waiting #TheStruggleOfALanaStan

Yes YES YESSSS :crying2:

i like Cola, but for me that was just Lana's wishes, i dont think interscope wanted Cola to be released as a single

I think so too. Unfortunately, most record labels are like that! They want to prevent controversy, because they think it will hurt the artists popularity, but in 80% of the cases it does the opposite, especially if your not that popular, yet. Cola is a catchy song with a nice opening line, that will get people to talk about Lana. I remember how Katy Perry's label did not want to release I Kissed a Girl as her debut single and tried to talk her out of it, but it ended up becoming her breakthrough single and a major hit world wide.

Guest Dot

Tropico will be dope. But where's DP and Cola?

I don't think DP is coming tbh. I'm not even sure if Lana was aware of it's release... :facepalm:

I think there might be a slight chance for Cola, though. What if the video for Cola will be a short version of Tropico? :hdu:

Tropico will be dope. But where's DP and Cola?

I don't think we get those, I mean....after this she will be touring, and then, shouldn't she be occupied with her next album?

Guest Dot

I don't think we get those, I mean....after this she will be touring, and then, shouldn't she be occupied with her next album?

I'm so delusional, I know...but seriously...one proper single from Paradise? Is she fucking kidding me? I mean as excited as I am for Tropico, I don't see the point in creating this film with no plans on releasing any of the tracks featured in it. Well, from what I've seen in the pictures I think Cola would fit in every single part of the video.

Oh and I have absolutely no idea why she hasn't performed Bel Air on tour if it was going to be part of her then upcoming project.

I'm so delusional, I know...but seriously...one proper single from Paradise? Is she fucking kidding me? I mean as excited as I am for Tropico, I don't see the point in creating this film with no plans on releasing any of the tracks featured in it. Well, from what I've seen in the pictures I think Cola would fit in every single part of the video.

Oh and I have absolutely no idea why she hasn't performed Bel Air on tour if it was going to be part of her then upcoming project.

Im so ready for bel air live now, i think it's gonna happen in her next shows, maybe in the us

let the light in, it's a cruel world

Well, we know that Interscope doesn't like the album Paradise, so I think they were eager to release Young and Beautiful and leave Paradise as it is. A next single would have been possible but now we have Summertime Sadness, so I just don't see it happening. It would be great if it happened tho.

Me neither! Although the same way I don't get why did she never ever perform Lucky Ones and TIWMUG. Sucks.

I think this film, to Lana, is more like an artistic collaboration with Anthony Mandler.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Guest Dot

Well, we know that Interscope doesn't like the album Paradise, so I think they were eager to release Young and Beautiful and leave Paradise as it is. A next single would have been possible but now we have Summertime Sadness, so I just don't see it happening. It would be great if it happened tho.

Me neither! Although the same way I don't get why did she never ever perform Lucky Ones and TIWMUG. Sucks.

Why, though?

That SS release fucking annoys me, tbh. They don't even play the radio edit or the album version on the radio! They play that shitty remix instead.

Why, though?

That SS release fucking annoys me, tbh. They don't even play the radio edit or the album version on the radio! They play that shitty remix instead.

I don't know why, but when she met a fan in New York she told it to him, there was even a thread about it back then.

I like that remix, it's such a bop :sluttybunny:

Goes well together with Selena Gomez's new song Slow Down tbh

Guest Dot

I don't know why, but when she met a fan in New York she told it to him, there was even a thread about it back then.

I like that remix, it's such a bop :sluttybunny:

Goes well together with Selena Gomez's new song Slow Down tbh

She's not Selena though and she shouldn't be promoted as if she was. I mean people liked Y&B, didn't they? They should like the album version of SS then.

OMG how can one not like Blue Jeans?! :ohno:

That's a big question, I absolutely love it :) 

And what is wrong with Body electric? I love the song. Ok, it's not her best, but it is still a good song.

Well, I am waiting this, and I am excited. Hope it will be good.

2ikzg5s.png

btw is anyone else anticipating a video like Carmen, where she won't actually sing the lyrics? 

Well, I'm curious about that too.

Like, if she does strip dancing while Gods and Monsters, will she sing meanwhile too?

Because strippers usually don't sing...

The video was actually the first mention of Tropico, which was probably small promotion for the project or to give the fans something to look forward to.

i was thinking that the video for bel air was lacking i am so ready for tropico, when i saw the caption i was pumped didn't it also say something along the lines of "but i have my something and i have my youth" and didn't bel air get deleted off youtube  

tumblr_mnu5unziQx1qztgoio1_500.gif

i was thinking that the video for bel air was lacking i am so ready for tropico, when i saw the caption i was pumped didn't it also say something along the lines of "but i have my something and i have my youth" and didn't bel air get deleted off youtube  

Yep! "I lost my reputation, I forgot my truth. But I have my beauty and I have my youth. 'TROPICO' the film, coming next year."