TIARNZUS

Lana Del Rey Shooting New Short Film, "Tropico"

Would she release a new single now?

I mean, Summertime Sadness is doing really well atm.

Maybe if she released it like around the middle of August it could happen but I doubt we have to wait that long for this.

Would she release a new single now?

I mean, Summertime Sadness is doing really well atm.

Maybe if she released it like around the middle of August it could happen but I doubt we have to wait that long for this.

I really hope so.

If she did then all my faves would have a new single in August. :excited:

ZnjKh7o.png

Guest Dot

Watch her release Cola with a re-edit of Tropico as the music video! :troll:

I really hope so.

If she did then all my faves would have a new single in August. :excited:

Gaga and Lana...and that random third someone in your sig?

random third one?  :lanasrs:

She's Ellie Goulding  :judgingu2:

WTF I have her album :flop:

Although I have to admit, I don't watch her videos or live performances because I am not that interested in her as a person, but her songs are amazing.

WTF I have her album :flop:

Although I have to admit, I don't watch her videos or live performances because I am not that interested in her as a person, but her songs are amazing.

:toofloppy:

Make sure to buy Burn on August 11 and Halcyon Days on August 27.  :hooker:

ZnjKh7o.png

sorry i havent breen on here for like 3/4 months.  :suicide:

Well what you need to know:

Lana is a Chola, uses Albino model, they are Adam and Eve and the story is about the loss of innocence and regaining it. Elvis and Marilyn will appear at some point.

Well what you need to know:

Lana is a Chola, uses Albino model, they are Adam and Eve and the story is about the loss of innocence and regaining it. Elvis and Marilyn will appear at some point.

Don't forget Jesus~

(Also it's Tropico. Not an orange juice ad  :hoe: )

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Don't forget Jesus~

(Also it's Tropico. Not an orange juice ad  :hoe: )

Yeah I was wondering if I should mention him and the fact that she will be painting the toenails of one of her bitchy friends. I mean how often do you see that :hawt:

I do agree with you on some points but I thought the alleged story of the video insinuated that Adam and Eve are in fact the symbol of innocence and purity? 

I'm not a religious person but I respect other people's beliefs and being objective here I really like the idea and don't see why it could be offensive.

I guess I'm waiting to see how she handles her symbols and themes. As a person who tries to be objective, I'm interested in hearing from different perspectives, because I believe people's stories matter. Regarding the portrayal of innocence regained, as a Christian I admit it makes a difference to me whether it's through ultimately rejecting God or making peace with God. But either way, it's going to be Lana's story to tell. Those with a culture-warrior mindset may feel obligated to take offense... but I'm hoping there will be others more interested in the peaceful approach of dialogue, willing to really listen, and try to hear what it is this artist wants to say.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

super late on this but whats Tropicano?

a bootleg type of orange juice  :blanche4:

lol jk just read the thread it pretty much explains everything you need to know  :runs:

god knows I tried

Didn't she talk of the Garden of Eden theme before? She did an interview where she had a treatment in her head she wanted to do, it was pre-Ride. I thought the 'cave' scene where she rides her (dad?) at the end of the Ride video was that theme but it's more of a Lolita reference. So she's had this Tropico concept in her head for a long time.